Complete List Of XSP Ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 18:43

Can anyone who (like me) thinks Tie Fighter was probably the best game of all time, and/or is familiar in general with the Star Wars Expanded Universe, confirm that the Star Wars (in-particular the IV to VI -era Imperial ships) are well balanced?

I remember having to spend aages balancing them out for myself in X3R. I don't think there was a single ship that I did not have to change the stats for.

I suspect that these are exactly the same ships I had to rebalance, just ported to to X3TC with minor (i.e. weapon only) adjustments?

Also I notice there is not a single M8 listed there -- Tie Bomber anyone?

It would be fantastic if those who create the models would give permission to those who intimately know the fiction surrounding them to balance them appropriately (bearing in mind the X3TC setting of course - fair enough you can't expect perfect correlation with the originals).
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 18:54

Alien ND wrote:More screenshots will be added soon,
I'm taking a break at the moment (trying to play a vanilla game !)

But will continue to work on the list soon.
When the [WIP] disappears, I will feel I've got it to a good place.

Thank-you for the encouragement.
I think the clever bods that make scripts / ships / mods etc
know how important a little encouragement can be.

Alien
Who plays Vanilla...

Do you know what Vanilla stands for;
Very
Arrogant
Nasty
Icky
Little
Loser
Arseholes

Do you know what Modified stands for;
Most
Obvious
Dangerously
Insane
Famous,
Instantly
Executive
Darklords [Of X-Series]

Honestly... ;)

Anyway I noticed the Star Wars Corellian Corvette is an M2... Odd because in Episode 4 it fits into the external hanger of a Star Destroyer :P

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 19:46

Lord_Dakier wrote: Who plays Vanilla...
According to uploaded stats - three quarters of all players... thankfully most of them won't be offended by your humourous post since they won't come here!

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 20:01

Lord_Dakier wrote:Anyway I noticed the Star Wars Corellian Corvette is an M2... Odd because in Episode 4 it fits into the external hanger of a Star Destroyer :P
That's something you'd need to ask Magrathean Monkey. Here

Alien
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 20:14

Rednoahl wrote:According to uploaded stats - three quarters of all players... thankfully most of them won't be offended by your humourous post since they won't come here!
But even one offended reader would mean that [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] have been clearly breached. And I'm still considering whether I am that reader. :sceptic:

Besides, the "statistics" are badly skewed because there is little point uploading modded stats.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 20:54

I think it would have been far better to say

VANILLA

Valiantly
Attempting
Nearly
Impossible
Levels
Always

MODIFIED

Many
Other
Developments
Involved
For
Individual
Enjoyment
Daily

Because i gave up trying to do the hub in vanilla when TC first came out.

MarCon

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 21:16

Much much better. However, the "to do or not to do" is not the topic of this thread. Actually, it [vanilla&mod] is a not really a debate that belongs to S&M at all. S&M offers scripts, mods, and missions, as well as (technical) discussions on how to create them (and naturally feedback&questions for available S&M content). S&M is implicitly accepted here, and there is no point bashing the vanilla either, for without it we would not be here.

So stay on topic (which is a clearly useful list) from here-on. :goner:

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 21:36

Ok, I'ma sorry :(

It might just be compatability errors Alien but I tried out some of the star wars xsp's and they failed to work so I'll have to look further in.

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 22:02

I look at them as well (to get screenshots)
Were there any in particular that you had problems with ?

Alien

[Black-Tiger]
x3tc

Post by [Black-Tiger] » Sat, 10. Apr 10, 22:47

Thank you I got it all, thanks again oh and keep up the great work Cycrow!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 11. Apr 10, 01:03

Alien ND wrote:I look at them as well (to get screenshots)
Were there any in particular that you had problems with ?

Alien
YT-2000 Resized, Imperial Star Destroyer by DeadlyDA and the Imperial Shuttle.

zfotoguy
x3tc

awesome

Post by zfotoguy » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 07:58

I've been gone from X3 for about 2 years. (eve-online) but miss X3 quite a bit. Back now, because I miss the fighting w/ joystick and skill instead of mouse and skills.

The thing I missed most about X3 are all the ships people made. Thanks for the great list and I'm looking forward to testing them all out!

Graham.C
x3

Installation problems.

Post by Graham.C » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 21:13

hi there, I dont know what Im doing wrong, but Ive tried installing a few ships, only to get a notice saying that "I am currently in vanilla mode and that I should switch to modified mode". How do I do this :?:

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Wed, 14. Apr 10, 23:23

Above the window on Plugin Manager that shows what scripts you have installed (which should be blank if you're in Vanilla mode) are some menus. One lets you choose between Vanilla mode and Modified mode.

Alien.

lostami
x3tc

Post by lostami » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 12:29

hmmm most those links just lead to pages with a lot of strange text... here is a sample.

"]�� � óö������(HfÛÚ0†ð€;￾¸X™Ø¬÷=;3î²Q5ت=~Å>@ÔŽ¬ŠFÀža¸¤ð*¦v?Ž¦‡‡):2àŒMÏ{>ìOÓ–&×àuÅÆAŽá÷aàmTo—Ú=Ñrv¤Sú￾°š™jQ†¥}aÈ+ÜÅxMºÿ3Çñ_szµ­Â½"#úĸÙË/ù(A㸋
±�°q—Æ«]‡;<e‰ú¥s|>b'à—£:Bç</¥iÅÛ­yÞî~ ð£z@ A¤Ê›º‘ièÌ+¦f9À—#¼@]å9^ü,ƒ„k,ùkbˆ￾c‹Ðà¶õ ³￾J‹·Y￾7óÕ‹©}"

No idea what to do...
I want the USS ships (had them in X3 forgot where i got them)
Name in EVE online: Nogc Blast

Alee Enn
x4

Re: [WIP] Complete List Of XSP Ships

Post by Alee Enn » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 14:36

lostami wrote:hmmm most those links just lead to pages with a lot of strange text... here is a sample.

"]�� � óö������(HfÛÚ0†ð€;￾¸X™Ø¬÷=;3î²Q5ت=~Å>@ÔŽ¬ŠFÀža¸¤ð*¦v?Ž¦‡‡):2àŒMÏ{>ìOÓ–&×àuÅÆAŽá÷aàmTo—Ú=Ñrv¤Sú￾°š™jQ†¥}aÈ+ÜÅxMºÿ3Çñ_szµ­Â½"#úĸÙË/ù(A㸋
±�°q—Æ«]‡;<e‰ú¥s|>b'à—£:Bç</¥iÅÛ­yÞî~ ð£z@ A¤Ê›º‘ièÌ+¦f9À—#¼@]å9^ü,ƒ„k,ùkbˆ￾c‹Ðà¶õ ³￾J‹·Y￾7óÕ‹©}"

No idea what to do...
I do say on the OP how to download those files :
Alien ND wrote:Installing These Ships
All these links should bring up a download window.
NOTE - The links from BGP bring up a window of garbled text,
Right-click on the link and select "Save Link As" Check that the file is an .xsp file and not xspd.cgi.
This may take several tries (nothing I can do about it at the moment - sorry.)
The trick is to look to the left of each link,
if there is a 3-letter code "BGP" (which stands for BlackPantherGroup)
follow the instructions I've quoted here.

Hope this helps
Alien

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 16:04

lostami wrote:hmmm most those links just lead to pages with a lot of strange text... here is a sample.

"]�� � óö������(HfÛÚ0†ð€;�¸X™Ø¬÷=;3î²Q5ت=~Å>@ÔŽ¬ŠFÀža¸¤ð*¦v?Ž¦‡‡):2àŒMÏ{>ìOÓ–&×àuÅÆAŽá÷aàmTo—Ú=Ñrv¤Sú�°š™jQ†¥}aÈ+ÜÅxMºÿ3Çñ_szµ­Â½"#úĸÙË/ù(A㸋
±�°q—Æ«]‡;<e‰ú¥s|>b'à—£:Bç</¥iÅÛ­yÞî~ ð£z@ A¤Ê›º‘ièÌ+¦f9À—#¼@]å9^ü,ƒ„k,ùkbˆ�c‹Ðà¶õ ³�J‹·Y�7óÕ‹©}"

No idea what to do...
thats actually the compressed content inside the file, some web browsers, and web servers display those files instead of downloading them for some reason.

if it happens just right click and save as, and it should let you download the file directly

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 19:16

I don't mean to repeat a post already in here, but I have read threw this and Cycrow thread to and I have gotten the ships added to the plugin manager but how do I get them to show up. I have started a new game and did the SE activation code and used the cheat scripts to look for the ship but its not in the list. I did the same with my old game to.

Any thoughts and I used the plugin manager lite 1.10 and this is TC. Thanks.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 22:22

I tried a few of these ships and no luck getting it to work in game. My game crashes out saying the saved game is corrupted. What am I doing wrong?
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Fri, 16. Apr 10, 22:32

If the save game is corrupted chances are a new game may work. try it.

Also I got my problem resolved, dunno what I did other then come back to it a few hours latter :?
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”