[X3TC Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent (CAG)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Smellfire
x4

Post by Smellfire » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 17:11

Sorted, deleted the folder and then Verifed integrity of game cache in steam, reinstalled bonus pack and it works.

Its not as good as later versions though which is a shame :(

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 17:17

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Yes, the BP version of the CAG is older than the unsigned one. To update to the latest version 3.4.04, download the script and the necessary libraries (the first two links in the "Handelsvertreter - Das Herunterladen" section on this site). Extract both archives afterwards to your X3 Terran Conflict directory or in case you're playing X3: Albion Prelude to the "addon"-directory. English text files are included in that download. Note though, that this version isn't signed and will therefore mark your savegame as *modified*.
ok guys one last question,
if i update is it going to mess up all my setups for cags,cls1 & 2?????

and more important will i be able to continue my progress from where i was????? or would i be forced to start new game?????????????????????????

many thanks.

Bandus
x4

Post by Bandus » Sun, 26. Jan 14, 09:22

First off, let me state I apologize if this qualifies as necromancy. I realize the last post date was a bit old but I have a question specifically related to the CAG script.

Basically, I built a self-sufficient (does not need outside resources) complex for energy cell generation. My plan was to generate tons of energy cells and use CAG to supply stations in the surrounding area with energy cells. So, the station has 300,000+ energy cells in stock. I have set a CAG ship up with the "Salesman" trader duty order. The CAG's homebase is set to the complex. However, it just sits there in "CAG on stand by" order and never goes to sell.

I'm very confused about why is isn't working the way I would expect. Any one have any thoughts on this? Thank you!

EDIT:

I just re-read the opening post of this thread and saw this:
Courier
The Courier handles not only resources, but also sells products. In addition, he can deal at Equipment Docks and Trade Stations; he can also be assigned to them. The Courier gets 20 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.
I suspect this may be my problem as the CAGs are only Apprentice's...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 27. Jan 14, 00:10

Bandus wrote:I suspect this may be my problem as the CAGs are only Apprentice's...
Probably. You can train CAG pilots by having them run CLS2 circles, or you can send your trade ship(s) to Heron's Nebula Trading Station, then fire the pilot. Heron's Nebula Trading Station has better quality pilots (for CAG or CLS only -- NOT ST/UT).

destroll
x3tc

Post by destroll » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:03

Heya folks, back again with another query for you all:

Why am I unable to start the commercial agent? o.O?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On my current installation of X3AP (version 3.1) I have the following mods installed and enabled:

The Bonus pack
Cycrow's cheat pack
Improved Races 2
Improved Kha'ak
TCAN Menudriven Full Auto Namng plugin
ADS
DCS2
Droid Mining and Trading
Litcube's Phanon Corp.
and Litcube's "Revelation"

I don't know of any compatibility issues between the version of CAG that is included with the AP bonus pack and the mods I have installed.
However, since I am still very new to the modding side of X3 I figured I'd start off with that in case there actually is a conflict in there somewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the problem I am experiencing;

Started off by setting myself up a small hub in The Hole with 3 installations.
Grabbed one of the Mercurys I've been using as a UT and made sure it had all of the needed and suggested systems installed in the ship.
Set it's homebase to the hub.
Opened up the ship's command console, went to the trading options sub-menu, and found the command "Start commercial representation" is still greyed out and not selectable.

I then repeated this process with 3 other TSes I own as well as couple M5s since I noticed that they are listed as acceptable agents.
None of them worked.
The option to actually start the commercial agent routine seems to be unselectable no matter what I do.

Anyone have some ideas for me on how to get it to work???

Also, sorry for the long explanation.
Just wanted to provide as much relevant information about my problem as I can.
Conglomo Corp. "We own EVERYTHING."
CNGM on the GSE. Like us on Spacebook!
"Spacebook" is a registered trademark of the
Conglomo Corporation. ©MMCMXLVIII
"Conglomo, we even own YOU."

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:10

Are the ships docked at a station?

destroll
x3tc

Post by destroll » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:27

Nope, had them floating in open space right next to my own ship and the hub I constructed in The Hole.

Edit: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
No wonder it won't work.
Thanks for pointing that out.
I went back and re-read the OP after you responded and realized I had completely missed the line about needing a pilot already or for the ship to be docked so that a pilot can board.

Total "DOH!" moment there. lol
Last edited by destroll on Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:32

From the first post:

Instructions

The Commercial Agent command will appear in the Trade menu. The ship requires Navigation Command Software MK1, Trade Command MK1 and MK2, and a homebase set. Then the command ``Start Commercial Representation'' will appear. This command will open the configuration menu.

Important: The command is visible only when there is a pilot on the vessel or the ship is docked, in order for a pilot to enter the vessel.

destroll
x3tc

Post by destroll » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 01:37

Ah, you beat me there with your repost of that line from the OP.

I dunno how I missed that part of it.
Just didn't see it at first I guess.
Thanks for the help Bullwinkle.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 03:06

I seem to be having a small issue. I got a small paranid food complex going (4L/4L - requires NPC supplied energy) and my CAG doesn't seem to respect the "Sell Products Freighter Cargo Bay" setting.

He is set as salesman with the food as the only item in the trade list. I have the "Sell Products" set to 0% (sell it all).

According to the OP, with the cargo bay setting at 60% he should wait until he can load up 60% of his cargo before going off to make a sale. This should override the "Sell Products" setting right?

He is selling everything as quickly as possible and loading anywhere from 10 - 100 food and flying off. His cargo is 4000 units and he carries 800 e-cells for his jumpdrive.

My math shows he should load up 1920 units worth minimum (that is 480 food) before flying off to sell.

My math:
4000 - 800 = 3200.
3200 * 0.60 = 1920
1920/4(this is the ware size) = 480

I am doing something wrong for sure here. But what?

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 01:31

been trying to figure this out....

CAG only works if you, the player (owns) a station?

You cannot start CAG by homebasing it to a ship?

I was under the assumption i could assign CAG to a NPC missle facility and have it operate from there...yes or no?

Maybe I should be using one of the CLS instead...?
Goal:
1- Keep a NPC missle factory stocked with resouces to produce missles...
2- Stockpile said missles untill i need them
3- Deliver them upon request from me.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 02:00

Yep. That is a job for CLS2.

Bakota93

Post by Bakota93 » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 13:13

how to download this mod?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 22:35

It is in the Bonus Pack: Bonus Material (AP) or Bonus Material (TC).

Or you can get the most recent version from Lucike's web site (via Google Translate).

(Also be aware of MK3 Improvement Reloaded and OK Traders, which are much better scripts.)

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 11:30

DrBullwinkle wrote:(Also be aware of MK3 Improvement Reloaded and OK Traders, which are much better scripts.)
Are these two inter-compatible? Or will the one interfere (overwrite) with the other? Also, I have some UT-traders running atm. Should I cancel their command before implementing this replacement script? I'd hate to break my game!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 11:41

Yes, both coexist nicely.

Gnasirator has probably documented upgrade instructions. Just do whatever he says.

You won't break your saved game (keep copies if you want to be extra-cautious).

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 21:22

Thank you :)

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 11:06

DrBullwinkle wrote:(Also be aware of MK3 Improvement Reloaded and OK Traders, which are much better scripts.)
These are really for different purposes. CAG is supposed to keep one specific factory/complex happy while UTs are zooming all over universe looking for best deal.

OK trader is more flexible of course, I've been thinking of switching my CAGs over to OK traders.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 19:25

While it is true that Mk3's and CAG approach the problem differently, my point was that you can accomplish the same task entirely with Mk3's (or non-homebased OK Traders). You don't need CAG (or homebased OK Traders) at all.

The easy way to service your factories is just to have a fleet of Mk3's/OK's and let them go. They will keep your factories stocked with resources and will sell their wares automatically.

CAG and homebased OK Traders give you more control, if you want that sort of thing. But it is not actually necessary.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 23:51

If you want your factories to buy Resources high and sell Products low, sure... you don't "need" CAG or OK home-based Traders... because vanilla UT's, OK Free Traders, and Mk3 Imp. Reloaded UT's are out to buy low and sell high.

Personally, I like to make a profit in my factories AND my UT's. To put it mildly, adjusting factory pricing so that UT's will buy from/sell to them is not the most profitable idea.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”