Terran Revitalization Project (TRP) - 11/26/2013 - Stealing Logi 1.4 FR

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 21:13

Viliae wrote: Plot "0x0a" - There are those protection missions "It seems the ATF has back traced the rouge Xenon transmissions as well, and have sent a Task Force...". So when it occurred for the first time there spawn few pirate ships and after killing them plot continues. Second time again few pirate and kha'ak ships spawn, but after killing them plot stopped - I mean nothing happened and I didn't get message to dock at Xenon station.
It almost sounds like you have something like Improved Races installed. Do you have a mod that alters the races? Do you have any mods installed at all?
Terran Plots - Where I can add new condition to start those plots?
Use an XML editor to open up TRPRSC101.xml -> Look for cue TRPRSC101, you should see:

Code: Select all

<cues>
  <cue name="TRPRSC101">
    <documentation>
      <history>
      </history>
      <todo>
      </todo>
    </documentation>

<condition comment="These are the conditions for starting the plot">

<check_any comment="Add in any Terran Gamestarts Here">
        <check_value value="{player.gamestart}" exact="102" comment="Terran Commander Start"/>
      </check_any>

<!- MORE PLOT CONDITIONS GO HERE->

</condition>
You also have to add in <check_all> before the <check_any> and a </check_all> after the </check_any>.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 20. Dec 13, 23:01

Hello
For the first question:
Don't know - maybe (explanation coming soon).
For the second question:
Yes, I am using XRM.
Now the explanation part:
As far I know, Paul are using race1 for weapons dealers and relation with them are set to the max.

IDEA:
When I was looking inside tfile for this plot I saw you leave empty space for ranking - and my idea is why not use a hexadecimal "00FF" - for the lowest rank, and "000A" - for the highest. But you do what you want, this is yours creation.

Oh, I almost forgot:
I am also using Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5, and in "0x0a" when you have to bring back to shipyard some ships for reverse engineering one of them was already salvaged (plot was still tracking him - so I used cheat script to eject pilot and take "L" to my TM and bring back to Xenon Shipyard).

Thank You for the code. That was my first idea but I ask first to be sure.

And for the end: I wanna ask how Terran plots (should?) work with cooperation with [MOD] Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1. Are they starting right away with "new game" or they need certain condition?
Sorry for so long post 8) .

centfrac
x3tc

Post by centfrac » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 21:53

Unable to dock the P at the Xenon Shipyard. Can dock everything else but the P.

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 22:50

Limitation of the game engine / station model I'm afraid.

If you are trying to deliver the abandoned P, do it OOS.
"Maybe this Karen Stringer is a hard-ass cop and she's gonna beat info out of us." - Yisha Tarren

Sotanaht
x3ap

Post by Sotanaht » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 13:54

I'm trying to combine the shipyard part of this mod with Complex Cleaner. That mod offers some instructions on what to copy in Tfactories.txt to make it compatible with other mods that change that file but I cannot figure out how to reach this mod's version of that file.

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 18:02

I assume you mean the ATF Shipyard portion?

You have to extract the Tfactories.pck from the CAT file supplied from the Plugin Manager file, which can get tricky.

1) Use Cycrow's Package Explorer -> Open ATF Shipyard for [X3TC / X3AP] -> Extract CAT/DAT pair to a working directory

2) Use X3 Editor 2 -> Open extracted CAT/DAT pair -> Look in [addon] \ [types] for Tfactories.pck -> Extract pck to txt to whatever working directory you want.

Hope that helps!
"Maybe this Karen Stringer is a hard-ass cop and she's gonna beat info out of us." - Yisha Tarren

Sotanaht
x3ap

Post by Sotanaht » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 20:12

eldyran wrote:I assume you mean the ATF Shipyard portion?

You have to extract the Tfactories.pck from the CAT file supplied from the Plugin Manager file, which can get tricky.

1) Use Cycrow's Package Explorer -> Open ATF Shipyard for [X3TC / X3AP] -> Extract CAT/DAT pair to a working directory

2) Use X3 Editor 2 -> Open extracted CAT/DAT pair -> Look in [addon] \ [types] for Tfactories.pck -> Extract pck to txt to whatever working directory you want.

Hope that helps!
I tried that. I extracted the cat/dat but when I try to look at it in x3 editor 2 it's all blank. Like completely blank even when I look for all file types. No such problem looking at CC's cat/dat file.

Anyway, DrBullwinkle over at the CC thread told me to edit Tfactories from the VFS in X3editor2 after installing this mod, which supposedly will find the version of the file that this mod has added to the game (the one the game will ultimately load)

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 22:10

Just remember that VFS will only look at the last CAT/DAT pair, which depending on what MOD is applied last, might not be the correct Tfactories.pck you are looking for!

The Plugin Manager has been notorious for getting MOD prioritizes out of order, so just be mindful of that.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. Jan 14, 22:24

Actually, VFS will find the correct file that will be used by the game, regardless of whether it is in a .cat or a loose file in a folder.

The only thing to be aware of with the Plugin Manager is that it creates its merged files when the PM is closed. So, you could get the wrong file if you try to use VFS while the Plugin Manger is *open*. Otherwise, if you close the PM before opening X3Editor, then VFS will *always* find the correct file.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 10:05

In my current game im getting the following in my ranking window.

Corporation readtext 900-902

I'm "assuming" it's connected to Operation Logi
- I noticed on the mission to scan the freighter for a specific ware that the Freighter name showed as a readtext error also...cant recall the specific ID atm.

Using AP/XRM

Help?

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 15:46

It's a simple text conflict between either X3AP 3.0 and XRM or one of the TRP text files. I'm fairly confident that I've released text updates to bring 'A Gate Too Far' and 'Stealing Logi' in line with X3AP 3.0.

Chances are XRM is overwriting the entries, but its nothing I would really worry about.

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 20:11

okies thanks, I just didnt know if it was going to be a huge issue later on.

Kontaro
x3tc

Post by Kontaro » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 20:28

So, I finally got through Gate to Far...and started your version of Loose Ends.... and so far it seems the same as vanilla version, I understand we won't be doing the hub mission, but are we going for the UFJD again? as we got it in gate to far....

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Sat, 5. Apr 14, 21:32

I don't believe so.

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 03:12

Well first, i'm sorry if this has already been said but i didn't read the 40 pages below this one.

Second, sorry if my english is a bit weird, not my main language.

That been said, i have a problem with the final rewad of Stealing Logi plot. They say that i have to dock in a shipyard in Megnir but when i jump there, the game hangs before opening the sector (jump animation, then nothing... and nothing..).

Does this rings any bells?.. i have:
- XRM installed with Hull, docking and cockpit patches
- Immersive environments, IEX, XRMi
- Immersive HUD

And the spk:
- Cheat collection package
- Marine repairs
- NPC bailing addon
- Salvage Claim software
- TRP A Gate too far
- TRP Operation Loose ends
- TRP Stealing Logi

And the bonus pack for AP

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 05:22

Sounds to me like a MOD conflict with Immersive Environments, but its my only guess. That part of Stealing Logi changes the name, music, and layout for Segaris.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 7. Apr 14, 10:49

A long-shot occurred to me. With AP:XRM, there is the possibility to do both Hub plots due to a glitch and at least one of the Plots connects the Hub to Segaris.

Any chance that this possibility is related? Have any of the gate connections changed in your game?

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Tue, 8. Apr 14, 01:39

Haven't done that plot in this game. I played the ATF Veteran start to be neutral to everyone (and have a thor at the begining xD). But its kind of game breaking since i can't uninstall XRM without losing the save, and i don't know if IE will have the same effect when uninstalled.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 8. Apr 14, 10:29

OK, if you've not already, perhaps you could retry mapping the system with an OOS ship to see if there are any odd or missing objects in the system. If there are, perhaps there are cheat tools to try fixing them.

eldyran
x2

Post by eldyran » Tue, 8. Apr 14, 11:01

Agreed. Try using an OOS scout to see if there is anything unusual in that sector. You could try waiting an in game hour before attempting to jump into Megnir. Go do missions up near Pluto or Jupiter for a while. If after that time the system still hangs when entering that sector, the only thing I can think of is to take an XML editor and comment out the <alter_sector> actions in one of the last cues for that plot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”