X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 05:35

Axeface wrote:Well I thought my XTC-AP game was working but i'm not so sure anymore. For one, I have the 'Equip Trade' AL plugin set to Yes, but EQD's have quite a few wares with no stock, probably not working or bugged?
This is not entirely uncommon. Trying selling the ware in question to the dock, and, if it's working correctly, it'll set to half-full after the transaction. You can also check by attempting to sell a race-specific weapon or missile at another race's EQD.
'Ware Consumption' and 'Equip Trade'
Im not sure what to make of these plugins. Firstly the name of 'Ware Consumption' is quite misleading - setting it to 'Yes' turns the plugin On and makes wares NOT get consumed, lead to a bit of confusion for a while that Ware Consumption 'Yes' = No Ware Consumption :D
XTC Manual wrote:Ware Consumption: The ware levels on equipment docks will be kept at a medium amount so that it is not possible to get in a situation where an item can not be bought or sold to an eqd.
Sounds like that's an attempt to prevent the sold out/fully stocked ware issue that occurs with Equip Trade on. You're right about the name being somewhat confusing, though.
Also, doesnt having these 2 plugins on actually make all weapon production factories worthless? Both the player and npc's have an infinite supply of weapons/shields etc from EQD's? Not sure about the pros and cons of these two plugins and whether I should have them activated, they seem a bit 'cheaty', or maybe I am just not understanding them properly?
Yes? Equip Trade does provide the player with an infinite supply of weapons, missiles, and standard shields. NPCs have that anyway. It's a convenience--no more need to hit every EQ dock in Boron spacing looking for enough Ion Cannons to fill the forward turret on your new Orca--and a bit cheaty--fully arm your twelve new Megalodons, plus their complement of fighters, as quickly as the interface allows. Building your own is still cheaper, and a fine source of profits.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 12:01

vkerinav wrote: Yes? Equip Trade does provide the player with an infinite supply of weapons, missiles, and standard shields. NPCs have that anyway. It's a convenience--no more need to hit every EQ dock in Boron spacing looking for enough Ion Cannons to fill the forward turret on your new Orca--and a bit cheaty--fully arm your twelve new Megalodons, plus their complement of fighters, as quickly as the interface allows. Building your own is still cheaper, and a fine source of profits.
Thanks for the replies vkerinav, you say that the npc's already have an infinite supply of weapons? Never knew that, I thought weapon and shield supply actually effected shipyard stocks. My concern is the effect on shield/weapon fabs and the economy really, wont they have a hard time selling anything if npc's can just buy everything from EQD's for average price?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 12:37

Axeface wrote:
vkerinav wrote: Yes? Equip Trade does provide the player with an infinite supply of weapons, missiles, and standard shields. NPCs have that anyway. It's a convenience--no more need to hit every EQ dock in Boron spacing looking for enough Ion Cannons to fill the forward turret on your new Orca--and a bit cheaty--fully arm your twelve new Megalodons, plus their complement of fighters, as quickly as the interface allows. Building your own is still cheaper, and a fine source of profits.
Thanks for the replies vkerinav, you say that the npc's already have an infinite supply of weapons? Never knew that, I thought weapon and shield supply actually effected shipyard stocks. My concern is the effect on shield/weapon fabs and the economy really, wont they have a hard time selling anything if npc's can just buy everything from EQD's for average price?
NPCs spawn with weapons, shields, missiles out of thin air, so really all equipment either gets bought by the player or disappears after a while in EQDs. Those function as ware sinks, just like Trading Docks, as periodically their stock levels get reduced and the wares "consumed".

Weapon / shield / missile prices never really meant much as the only places that buy them are EQDs that only buy at average price. So there isn't much point setting the sale price for anything but 1 Cr below average price tbh.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 12:43

Ok now I understand, i'll turn both AL Plugins back on then. Cheers!

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:38

Hi guys,

Does update to AP and TC break Xtended ? Both TC and AP got recently updates.

edit: does anyone of you have link to post where it is explained how to get litecube improved AI pathfinding in XTC ? I remember doing it succesfully like half year ago and everything worked amazing.

bonzai_dezign

X3 TC XTC mods kompatibel oder nicht.

Post by bonzai_dezign » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 08:32

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi, 29. Aug 18, 13:17 Titel: X3 TC XTC mods kompatibel oder nicht. Antwort Antworten mit Zitat Beitrag bearbeiten oder löschen Print
Hallo an alle.

Nachdem ich den Trailer zu x4 gesehen habe bekomme ich wieder Lust X3 rauszukramen.
Nachdem ich jahrelang den Mod XRM gespielt habe wollte ich XTC ausprobieren.
Nun zu meiner Frage:

Sind folgende Mods/Scripte in XTC verwendbar?

MARS
CODEA
Complex cleaner
Crystal free solar Power plants
WLS
Es sind meine must have mods. Wenn sie nicht gehen muss ich wieder XRM spielen.
Danke im voraus.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 14:57

Yes, mars, codea, complex cleaner and Crystal free solar Power plants are compatible. Don't know what WLS is. Here is a list of compatible scripts:
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

Used google translate:

Ja mars, codea, complex cleaner and Crystal free solar Power plants sind kompatibel. Weiß nicht was WLS ist. Hier finden Sie eine Liste kompatibler Skripts: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0
Last edited by CloneSargaent on Thu, 30. Aug 18, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

bonzai_dezign

Post by bonzai_dezign » Thu, 30. Aug 18, 15:27

All my questions are now Äußeres. Thank you

bonzai_dezign

Post by bonzai_dezign » Sat, 8. Sep 18, 23:38

hello

i search the coT file for MARS in XTC

The link in the compatibility list is dead because the Register dosent work anymore.

sorry for my bad english

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 02:22

Is mod compatible with version 3.4?

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 06:54

bonzai_dezign wrote:The link in the compatibility list is dead because the Register dosent work anymore.
MARS XTC Compatibility v2
alexalsp wrote:Is mod compatible with version 3.4?
Haven't tested it with XTC yet

BUT

Quoting X2-Illuminatus post in the 3.4TC/3.3AP news post thread:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:It's rather unlikely that any of the changes in these updates causes conflicts with any script or mod for X3TC or X3AP. Litcube's Universe is the only currently still developed mod that changes the .obj files, so I would be careful with that.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 11:43

Thanks for the answer. I will try.
:)

bonzai_dezign

Post by bonzai_dezign » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 21:29

Thank you. but i have seen on the site V4 is released. for now i using your versin

Dugunthi
x3tc

Post by Dugunthi » Tue, 25. Sep 18, 19:00

Is there any non-exe download available? I'd like to install this for my native Linux version.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 11:43

Dugunthi wrote:Is there any non-exe download available? I'd like to install this for my native Linux version.
2.2a

1drv.ms/u/s!AoAemkwcsk67d2mNO1aOHSjT7_0

https://mega.nz/#!iDoWWA4a

Dugunthi
x3tc

Post by Dugunthi » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 16:37

alexalsp wrote:
Dugunthi wrote:Is there any non-exe download available? I'd like to install this for my native Linux version.
2.2a

1drv.ms/u/s!AoAemkwcsk67d2mNO1aOHSjT7_0

https://mega.nz/#!iDoWWA4a
Thanks a bunch! Downloading the OneDrive version now. The Mega-one is not available, as it is encrypted! Not sure if that's on purpose, but I wnated to point it out in case it isn't.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 26. Sep 18, 16:55

GamerKurisu
x3ap

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by GamerKurisu » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 18:23

Hi guys, so I have installed this mod along with x3 - resurrection

Any other mods I should consider installing for a fresh game?

Axeface
x4

Re: X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

Post by Axeface » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 23:24

Hello again all.
Trying to get XTC working with AP again, got the itch to play it. I think everything is working with the normal install, but I wanted to try KJ's 'cozy universe'. It looks like there is a problem with music? I looked into the map xml and it looks like all the sectors have the same track assigned, m=8100 (its the home of light music).
Maybe cozy universe was made before the 'AP music fix' that is also in this thread? I have no idea about editing XML's, but is there some way that I can use the 'AP music fix' XML and append just the music changes in it to the cozy universe XML?

Edit: Also, after playing the mod for a few hours - there seems to be a problem with 'friendly fire'? The slightest hit on a friendly ship will turn them red instantly, and there is no comm option for to apologise? Its gotten me killed 4 times in one hour now >:D Dont think its like that in the vanilla game, so it makes me think something is wrong.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 17:36

@ "edit": The race-relations at the beginning of a new XTC-game depend on your game start. Some of those relations are negative = red, some are positive = blue, some are neutral. As the engine changes neutral race-relations rather quickly, one single shot can have heavy consequences. As an example: KIlling Yakis in some game-starts will immediately turn them hostile as the starting-relation is set to the minimal value to be neutral (-3333 iirc).

The XTC-team has stated at several occasions that XTC is - generally - not compatible with other mods. Therefore it's possible that 'cozy universe' interferes with the XTC-files. I suggest you do a fresh install and play XTC with it's own soundtrack. It is worth it as the sound track has some new music (produced by one of the team-members) and rare-heared tracks from the soundtrack of the original game, but not used in "Vanilla".

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”