[Script] Litcube's Bounce V1.7: Player Owned Autopilot Fix

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 6. May 14, 06:41

siddham wrote:Well that is a shame.

Thanks for reply apricotslice...and thank you for the great work you have done to support these games. I have your X3 Handbook
Yes, it is a shame. That was my big hope for Rebirth, that they would fix the pathfinder and collision system, but alas, we know where that went.

Bounce isnt perfect, but it is an improvement.

I am still thinking of doing an AP version of the Handbook for kindle, but last time I looked, there was very little AP stuff to add.

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx
x3ap

Post by xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx » Sat, 7. Jun 14, 13:15

Hi!
Set all as it is written in the first post. Play the assembly XRM_v1.30d + MSP_v1.7
Trouble trouble. Ships do not bounce right. They begin to rebound only when they begin to switch hotkeys.
Here, I took a little video.
http://youtu.be/eYmr1tnoZBs

stgatilov

Post by stgatilov » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 02:48

Litcube, you are my savior!!!

I'm playing unmodified X3TC, started as terran marine. Since I soon got three small ships thanks to plot mission, I decided to go "lots of blazingly fast ships" route. However, these dumb asses kept crashing themselves, so I had to watch constantly over how many ships I have and to load saved games very often.
I have not engaged in combat with bounce enabled yet, but I feel completely safe while traveling now!

I also had some unpleasant installing adventures. I play localized (russian) steam version, and I couldn't enable scripts for quite a long time. Double 'l' was the first problem =) The second one was: I tried to change the name of my SHIP instead of the name of the PILOT.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 16:49

Should I make a wall file for the Goblins from MARS, or will it work fine with the existing drone walls?
bibo ergo sum

outtaspace
x3

Post by outtaspace » Fri, 20. Nov 15, 16:57

Link down, or better, link is up but the file is broken,,,!
ATS RULEZ
_________________ _ _ _ >>>

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 09:09

Hi guys, download link seems to be broken. Can someone provide one?

Cheers,
Pin

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 09:15

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Pind
x4

Post by Pind » Fri, 17. Mar 17, 10:16

Thanks Illuminatus!

krlovins
x4

Issues with making a wall file

Post by krlovins » Wed, 12. Apr 17, 23:32

So I got the starwars mod and I set everything up to make the wall file but when I ran it it did one ship then just did nothing for around 30 minutes. Any ideas?

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Thu, 13. Apr 17, 08:34

Hi Whats up with the download link if you want players to use this mod fix it as you link sends me to a Retired site and no download files.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 13. Apr 17, 08:52

I posted a working download link a couple of posts above.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 02:37

Thanks Illuminatus.

Also the same thing is happening with all your new mod posts download links.

It be advisable to look into why the links don't work on this site link below.

http://members.shaw.ca/litcube/X3/Bounce/BounceV1.7.zip

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Apr 17, 17:49

The message you get when clicking on the link is pretty obvious I think. Litcube last posted on the end of January, so he may simply not have noticed it yet or haven't found the time to do something about it yet.

kentronic

No 'Bounce' option in 'Interface'

Post by kentronic » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 16:30

So I downloaded the files and followed the installation instructions, selecting the correct t file for TC. I loaded the game and then went into 'Interface' to set up the hot key but there is no option/label with 'Bounce' to set up the hotkey with!

I did a search on Google but couldn't find any other posts about this...did I do something wrong or am I missing something here? Thanks:D

Daemonjax
x4

Re: [Script] Litcube's Bounce V1.7: Player Owned Autopilot Fix

Post by Daemonjax » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 11:54

When bounce works, it works great, so I was trying to figure out why it wasn't seemingly working when I was claiming a ship -- which resulted in my death. Luckilly I had a save just before that -- and I died many many times from failed Bounces trying to claim that ship.

It seems that:

In order for the check script to be running on a newly claimed or purchased ship (from buy used ship missions where the ship purchased doesn't start off docked), we have to disable and re-enable bounce via hotkey -- otherwise that ship won't have bounce running on it unless it changes sectors or undocks from somewhere.

I can probably use SIGNAL_CAPTURED to check for a bailed ship just fine. And I can probably modify the boarding scripts if SIGNAL_CAPTURED doesn't fire on captured ships. For those two I can probably run a script in a loop checking for ownership change. And maybe I can do something in MD for the purchase of used ships that don't start off docked if it doesn't fire SIGNAL_CAPTURED.

Also:
I'm not really sure about this (I'd have to test it), but: from just looking at the scripts, it seems like there's another problem for a ship that's running bounce when it's swapped out of by the player -- because all(?) the scripts return null quickly if its the player ship. Do we need to hit the bounce hotkey twice every time we swap ships in space? Unsure. AFAIK The only way to detect when the player changes ships is through a running AL script.

EDIT1: Tested: Yes, bounce has to be disabled and re-enabled when swapping ships in space, otherwise bounce will only turn on your old ship when it undocks somewhere or changes sectors.
EDIT2: Also, found that bounce has to be disabled and re-enabled when entering any sector that already has your ships present when you arrive in that a sector (unless they're already docked when you arrive). That can be remedied by modifying the Sig.Bounce.SectorChange script to enable bounce on all in-sector ships (basically hitting the bounce hotkey for you when you enter a sector).
EDIT3: I thought of a way to find the player's old ship after a ship change that doesn't require an AL script running by assuming anytime the current ship == the player ship when bounce is running on the current ship indicates a ship change, and that the old ship should be somewhere within 7.5 km. I can't think of reason why it wouldn't reliably work.

If I'm wrong on anything, someone please correct me. :D

Okay, so I'm going to make some changes to take care of all the above. The ship changing issue will require an AL plugin running, and in my case I already have something running that does the heavy lifting: Gazz's Follow me / Remember homebase + wingman (v8). That mod is essential for me (almost as essential as Bounce is), and I always meant to make a few changes to it, so now's the perfect opportunity to do so because adding a couple lines to it to re-enable Bounce on ship change won't affect performance at all. But I'll probably make a seperate AL plugin for it as well, just because.

And I'll email Litcube for permission to post a download link for my changes here.

Notes:

After Bounce is enabled, it's disabled when ships becomes OOS or when the Player enters them in space. It's only re-enabled when SIGNAL_CHANGEDSECTOR signal fires.
SIGNAL_CHANGEDSECTOR fires when any ship undocks (seemingly this includes drones released from freight) or changes sectors (of course).
I used X-Studio to get a list and there's no signal for when a ship is claimed or when the player changes ships.
SIGNAL_CAPTURED seems to only fire when a pilot bails -- dunno for sure about ships purchased in space through a mission or captured via boarding.
AFAIK The only way to detect when the player swaps ships is through a running AL script.
Gazz's Follow me / Remember homebase + wingman (v8) already has the feature of tracking player ship changes in it's AL plugin (runs every 3 seconds I think) viewtopic.php?t=230313
Bounce has to be disabled and re-enabled when swapping ships, otherwise bounce will only be enabled on your old ship when it undocks somewhere or changes sectors.
Bounce has to be disabled and re-enabled when entering any sector that already has your ships present when you arrive in that a sector (unless they're already docked when you arrive).
When drones are released in same sector as the player, they're running bounce -- which I admit is unexpected (I suspect SIGNAL_CHANGEDSECTOR fires for them when released from freight as if they undocked)

Captain Teamwork
x3ap

Post by Captain Teamwork » Thu, 2. May 19, 01:37

I probably missed it but how do I know if Bounce is on or not.
I have the hotkey set but didn't see any confirmation when i hit the hotkey.

Is there supposed to be a sound or anything letting me know if bounce is on or off?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I was docked when I tried to enable it. Undocked and tried and I got the message. Sorry guys :)

blight

Post by blight » Sun, 12. May 19, 11:09

Download not working: Members Webspace has been retired

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 08:40

Captain Teamwork wrote:
Thu, 2. May 19, 01:37
I probably missed it but how do I know if Bounce is on or not.
I have the hotkey set but didn't see any confirmation when i hit the hotkey.

Is there supposed to be a sound or anything letting me know if bounce is on or off?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I was docked when I tried to enable it. Undocked and tried and I got the message. Sorry guys :)
When you press the goryachtsyu button at the bottom of a message is written. Most likely, subtitles should be included.

Espada No4
x3ap

Post by Espada No4 » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 09:30

I installed this as instructed (sans wall files) for a vanilla AP 3.3 game, and I see the test entry in the script editor, but I can't find any options for Bounce in the controls. Anyone know what's up with that?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”