[Script] Litcube's Bounce V1.7: Player Owned Autopilot Fix

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nukken

Re: It's not rocket science

Post by Nukken » Tue, 30. Jul 13, 22:54

ItsMeAUsername wrote:
Vayde wrote:Great script MUCHO confusion.

For vanilla AP 3.0:-

Download Bounce Zipfile.

Dowload new AP wall file 8389-L044. http://www.speedyshare.com/kfNC3/8389-L044.xml

Unpack the bounce Zip.

Copy bounce script files and paste in addon script folder.

Copy 8389-L044 t file and paste into addon t folder.

Start game.

Go to interface menu where you assign hot keys.

Find bounce entry and assign a key.

Hit Esc and save the new profile.

Play game.

That's about as complicated as it gets. :headbang:

Surely you guys can't be copying the whole t folder and expecting it to work!
Thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately it's still not working. :( I don't know about the others, but I did exactly as you and in fact the instructions on the first page said, yet still no bounce entry in the controls menu. I do find the other extensions' key assingments (those part which are part of the 'bonus pack', under the extensions header *duh*), but there simply is none for bounce. And yes, everything is in the correct (addon) folder and also did not copy the entire t folder. Stupid question maybe, but how come that those of the bonus pack all seem to be *.pck files while the bounce files are *.xml files?

At any rate, is there a potential work-around, if it happens to be merely a problem of the key not being displayed in the menu? I'm thinking of a possibility to edit the key assignments outside of the game, in an .ini file or something the like.

Thanks again for your afford.
I did the same thing and am having the same problem. I also have the bonus pack, maybe that's a problem?

Ortanith
x4

Re: It's not rocket science

Post by Ortanith » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 23:51

I followed the instructions as well, I know I have it installed right. Question is does the script editor have to be enabled for it to work?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 20. Aug 13, 11:12

The bonus pack should not cause a problem, I have it installed. As for the script editor, I believe Litcube, like many others, includes a script to automatically set the game to modified.

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 12:27

Version: TC v3.2
I have an issue here, but I don't know this might be a hard coded issue. I have about 15 M6 in a wing commanded to attack a bunch of Khaak capital ships. As soon my ships are getting closer, and the capitals begin firing their weapons, my M6 are spread around the sector at distances about 15-20 km around the battle space.
What I think happens is following: My ships enter close range combat with a Khaak captial. When getting too close, bounce activates its anti collision routine and places the ship at a safe distance. But - when a bunch of Khaak caplitals are firing their beam weapons like crazy to hunt down my 15 M6, there will be allways a laser show like in some disco.
I presume, the game engine treats this laser show as a huge obstacle and as soon as bounce activates replacement, the engine puts my ships even more afar - is that right?

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 04:07

I'm having the same issues as others...vanilla AP with Bonus Pack, follow instructions to the letter and no "Bounce" control available. :(

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Wed, 11. Sep 13, 16:26

Does this script affect how capital ships react when ordered to attack other capitals?

Corbid
x3tc

Post by Corbid » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 16:43

Not showing up for me either.

Wall file in /t
Scripts in /Scripts

Running Steam X3:AP with bonus pack.
No other scripts or mods.

Corbid
x3tc

Post by Corbid » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 16:56

FIXED!

Had to activate the script editor by renaming myself Thereshallbewings
I hadn't done this since i'd been running a vanilla game up till now.

Corbid
x3tc

Post by Corbid » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 17:00

FIXED!

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 04:26

Corbid wrote:FIXED!

Awesome, thanks for the tip Corbid. Didn't know script editor had to be enabled!

ronniejw
x3ap

Assigned Hot Keys to Bounce but nothing happens when I use them.

Post by ronniejw » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 23:52

I can sure use some help installing this.

What I’ve done is download this and extract it to my desktop.

Then I copied all of the files from the “scripts” folder in the download to this “scripts” folder on my computer here c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/x3 terran conflict/scripts

Next I copied the file in the “Vanilla TC” folder from inside the “t” folder in the download to the “t” folder on my computer here c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/x3 terran conflict/t

Then I opened the X3 TC game, went to controls, Interface and found Bounce and set the keys for Bounce to Shift+B

However, when I hit the Shift+B keys nothing happens.

I was looking for a “mods” folder that was mentioned in a guide about modes, which I never found, but noticed that I had a “scripts” and “t” folder with most of the same files located in two different locations. The only difference between them was these bounce script files which I placed in the “scripts” folder myself. Here are the paths to both:

c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/x3 terran conflict/scripts

c:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/x3 terran conflict/addon/scripts

Note: The “t” directory is located in both locations also.

The only other scripts that I’ve added are:

- Community Plugin Configuration
- Hotkey Manager
- Ware Manager

I used X-Universe Plugin Manager Advanced v1.47 to enable them. However, I’m having the same problem with Community Plugin Configuration in that I assigned keys to enable that and nothing happens when I use those keys as well.

I did do a copy and paste to make sure that both sets of “script” and “t” folders had the same files in them (most of them already were the same) but that didn’t help.

I don’t have a clue what to do and have found it very difficult trying to figure out how to install mods and scripts for this game. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I also have changed my name to Thereshallbewings.

Fixed!!!! The problem turned out to be a misspelling when I changed my name to Thereshallbewings. I missed one of the l's.
Last edited by ronniejw on Sun, 1. Dec 13, 01:31, edited 2 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 00:11

addon and below it are for AP. If your playing TC, ignore those folders.

Instead of a shift combo, try mapping the hotkeys to a function key.

Personally I used the version of bounce that was active without the hotkey. Never made sense to me for it not to be on.

You may not be aware that it is on. The message can be easy to miss.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 16:31

I generated a freshly minted wall file for XRM 1.30c. You can grab it here.

Ick, I should have mentioned it's for X3TC + XRM 1.30c. I'm not sure X3AP + XRM actually has any different ships but ..
Last edited by Barleyman on Sat, 21. Dec 13, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 17:17

apricotslice wrote:
Personally I used the version of bounce that was active without the hotkey. Never made sense to me for it not to be on.
Makes sense. Where one can get this version?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:51

SickArgon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:
Makes sense. Where one can get this version?
Not sure. I recall that it was an extra download, but the link may only be somewhere in the thread.

I have a copy somewhere, but I still havent fixed the bug in my TC download page yet, and its not on there yet anyway.

It is inside the AP AMS mod, if you want to extract it from there.

ronniejw
x3ap

Post by ronniejw » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 06:35

Thanks for sharing the wall file.
Barleyman wrote:I generated a freshly minted wall file for XRM 1.30c. You can grab it here.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:12

Some people (me included) have seen autopilot sometimes struggling to dock TM with this wall file. Basically the TM will teleport away at the last second.

Then again often it works no problem. I'm not sure it's really related to the wall file.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:18

No, it's unlikely...

I think I know where that problem might be.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 00:42

The trouble with the TM was it was a special ship that got some hardcoding specially for it. The docks didnt actually fit the ship, and every time a ship docks, the models go weird.

Its the only ship that is bugged in Beamdock, with no explanation for why it doesnt work properly.

It does not surprise me at all that TM's have problems with Bounce as well.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 23:02

I generated wall-file for X3AP 3.1 with no major mods. It's here. I'm not 100% sure it's any different from the vanilla file already in the mod package but I think AP had a few updates since then.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”