[Script] Litcube's Bounce V1.7: Player Owned Autopilot Fix

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 22. May 13, 21:03

Make sure to copy the files to the correct game installation (in case you have more than one) and to the correct sub folder (scripts and t files for X3AP have to go into addon\scripts and addon\t).

Edit: typo.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Thu, 23. May 13, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Thu, 23. May 13, 08:16

Wall file for 3.0 and XRM 1.29

http://rapidshare.com/files/4057277486/8389-L044.xml

let me know if there are any issues...

pingkiller
x3tc

Post by pingkiller » Fri, 24. May 13, 20:05

Wall file for vanilla ap3.0

http://speedy.sh/kfNC3/8389-L044.xml

DarkVigilante

Post by DarkVigilante » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 04:26

Sorry to post a stupid noob question but I am new to modding and this is the first script I have ever run for AP. I downloaded and extracted the files in question. I went to steam -> steamaps -> common -> x3 Terran Conflict.

My understanding is that for AP you need to use the addon folder. I put the script folder contents into addon scripts and Pingkillers new AP 3.0 wall file into the t folder under addons.

I load my game.... I go into interface to assign a command for bounce but cannot find such an option listed. Do I need to enable something else for this script to be used or what the hey? After so much time in vanilla I am finally close to a chance at an epic space battle without kamikazes --- so close and yet so far.... :evil: :evil:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 06:49

DarkVigilante wrote::evil: :evil:
That is why they call it "Steam". ;)

Sorry... just kidding about your icons. Hotkey assignments are on the Controls menu, Interface tab, near the bottom. Press Esc to see a list of menus.

DarkVigilante

Post by DarkVigilante » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 19:06

I am guessing it is just not installed right. Does anybody else know if the wall file for AP3.0 is any good.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 19:49

Not to belabor the point, but you used these folders:

steam -> steamaps -> common -> x3 Terran Conflict -> addon -> scripts

and

steam -> steamaps -> common -> x3 Terran Conflict -> addon -> t

correct?

Edit: Also make sure to drop only the files in the appropriate folders and not the entire folders.

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 20:17

I want to make my own Wall file in AP with XRM, but the game crashes to desktop everytime a try load a save (error message: corrupt save blahblahblah) if i drop those needed cat, dat files into the addon directory. What could be the problem?

Edit: nevermind, solved. Apparently, it does hate Terran Sectors or something.

Nukken

Post by Nukken » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 23:09

I'm having the same problem as DarkVigilante. Could not get the mod shortcut to show up in game in their TC or AP 3.0. I also have no other mods installed.

Things I have tried:

scripts in /addon/scripts
AP wall file in /addon/t

scripts in /scripts
wall file in /t

scripts in /scripts AND /addon/scripts
TC wall file in /t AND AP wall file in /addon/t

scripts in /scripts AND /addon/scripts
TC wall file in /t AND pingkiller's vanilla ap3.0 wall file in /addon/t
Last edited by Nukken on Mon, 22. Jul 13, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 23:17

Nukken wrote:I'm having the same problem as DrBullwinkle. Could not get the mod shortcut to show up in game in their TC or AP 3.0.
Um... what? :o

I have always used Bounce. I recall suggesting that the hotkey should be augmented by an ALP, but I do not recall ever having a problem finding the hotkey.

It works fine for me.

Nukken

Post by Nukken » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 01:14

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Nukken wrote:I'm having the same problem as DrBullwinkle. Could not get the mod shortcut to show up in game in their TC or AP 3.0.
Um... what? :o

I have always used Bounce. I recall suggesting that the hotkey should be augmented by an ALP, but I do not recall ever having a problem finding the hotkey.

It works fine for me.
Oops, I meant I'm having the same problem as DarkVigilante

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Thu, 25. Jul 13, 22:10

DarkVigilante wrote:I load my game.... I go into interface to assign a command for bounce but cannot find such an option listed. Do I need to enable something else for this script to be used or what the hey?
Same here. Ain't got the option listed to assign a command for bounce in the interface options. Did follow the instructions (used the correct folders; i.e. the addon folders), tried again, just in case I messed up, nothing. Oh, and I tried the wall file for vanilla ap3.0 provided by pingkiller. Still nothing.

I do however use the "X3AP_Bonus_Pack_5.1.0.0". Might that cause problems? No other mods installed. I am new to modding, thus sorry in advance in case that the "Bonus Pack" obviously causes the problem... I am running the steam version of AP 3.0, dunno if that matters, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Or alternatively how to fix the somewhat stupid AI behavior in any other way?

Cheers & Thanks in advance.

Vayde
x3tc

It's not rocket science

Post by Vayde » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 20:19

Great script MUCHO confusion.

For vanilla AP 3.0:-

Download Bounce Zipfile.

Dowload new AP wall file 8389-L044. http://www.speedyshare.com/kfNC3/8389-L044.xml

Unpack the bounce Zip.

Copy bounce script files and paste in addon script folder.

Copy 8389-L044 t file and paste into addon t folder.

Start game.

Go to interface menu where you assign hot keys.

Find bounce entry and assign a key.

Hit Esc and save the new profile.

Play game.

That's about as complicated as it gets. :headbang:

Surely you guys can't be copying the whole t folder and expecting it to work!
Still life in the old dog yet...

Gund

Post by Gund » Sat, 27. Jul 13, 02:52

Erenar wrote:Wall file for 3.0 and XRM 1.29

http://rapidshare.com/files/4057277486/8389-L044.xml

let me know if there are any issues...
Is this the correct one for XRM 1.29? When I started the game, it have been laggy for me :(

Oh and... just a while ago, my rapier was destroyed by a solar farm XD

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Re: It's not rocket science

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Tue, 30. Jul 13, 15:39

Vayde wrote:Great script MUCHO confusion.

Download Bounce Zipfile.

Dowload new AP wall file 8389-L044. http://www.speedyshare.com/kfNC3/8389-L044.xml

Unpack the bounce Zip.

Start game.

Play game.

Thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately it's still not working. :( I don't know about the others, but I did exactly as you and in fact the instructions on the first page said, yet still no bounce entry in the controls menu. I do find the other extensions' key assingments (those part which are part of the 'bonus pack', under the extensions header *duh*), but there simply is none for bounce. And yes, everything is in the correct (addon) folder and also did not copy the entire t folder. Stupid question maybe, but how come that those of the bonus pack all seem to be *.pck files while the bounce files are *.xml files?

At any rate, is there a potential work-around, if it happens to be merely a problem of the key not being displayed in the menu? I'm thinking of a possibility to edit the key assignments outside of the game, in an .ini file or something the like.

Thanks again for your afford.

Nukken

Post by Nukken » Tue, 30. Jul 13, 22:54

ItsMeAUsername wrote:
Vayde wrote:Great script MUCHO confusion.

Download Bounce Zipfile.

Unpack the bounce Zip.

Start game.

Play game.

Thanks for trying to help, but unfortunately it's still not working. :( I don't know about the others, but I did exactly as you and in fact the instructions on the first page said, yet still no bounce entry in the controls menu. I do find the other extensions' key assingments (those part which are part of the 'bonus pack', under the extensions header *duh*), but there simply is none for bounce. And yes, everything is in the correct (addon) folder and also did not copy the entire t folder. Stupid question maybe, but how come that those of the bonus pack all seem to be *.pck files while the bounce files are *.xml files?

At any rate, is there a potential work-around, if it happens to be merely a problem of the key not being displayed in the menu? I'm thinking of a possibility to edit the key assignments outside of the game, in an .ini file or something the like.

Thanks again for your afford.
I did the same thing and am having the same problem. I also have the bonus pack, maybe that's a problem?

Ortanith
x4

Post by Ortanith » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 23:51

I followed the instructions as well, I know I have it installed right. Question is does the script editor have to be enabled for it to work?

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 20. Aug 13, 11:12

The bonus pack should not cause a problem, I have it installed. As for the script editor, I believe Litcube, like many others, includes a script to automatically set the game to modified.

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 12:27

Version: TC v3.2
I have an issue here, but I don't know this might be a hard coded issue. I have about 15 M6 in a wing commanded to attack a bunch of Khaak capital ships. As soon my ships are getting closer, and the capitals begin firing their weapons, my M6 are spread around the sector at distances about 15-20 km around the battle space.
What I think happens is following: My ships enter close range combat with a Khaak captial. When getting too close, bounce activates its anti collision routine and places the ship at a safe distance. But - when a bunch of Khaak caplitals are firing their beam weapons like crazy to hunt down my 15 M6, there will be allways a laser show like in some disco.
I presume, the game engine treats this laser show as a huge obstacle and as soon as bounce activates replacement, the engine puts my ships even more afar - is that right?

onewheeldoin200
x2

Post by onewheeldoin200 » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 04:07

I'm having the same issues as others...vanilla AP with Bonus Pack, follow instructions to the letter and no "Bounce" control available. :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”