[Script] Litcube's Bounce V1.7: Player Owned Autopilot Fix

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ronniejw
x3ap

Post by ronniejw » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 06:35

Thanks for sharing the wall file.
Barleyman wrote:I generated a freshly minted wall file for XRM 1.30c. You can grab it here.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:12

Some people (me included) have seen autopilot sometimes struggling to dock TM with this wall file. Basically the TM will teleport away at the last second.

Then again often it works no problem. I'm not sure it's really related to the wall file.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 15. Dec 13, 16:18

No, it's unlikely...

I think I know where that problem might be.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 00:42

The trouble with the TM was it was a special ship that got some hardcoding specially for it. The docks didnt actually fit the ship, and every time a ship docks, the models go weird.

Its the only ship that is bugged in Beamdock, with no explanation for why it doesnt work properly.

It does not surprise me at all that TM's have problems with Bounce as well.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sat, 21. Dec 13, 23:02

I generated wall-file for X3AP 3.1 with no major mods. It's here. I'm not 100% sure it's any different from the vanilla file already in the mod package but I think AP had a few updates since then.

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Thu, 2. Jan 14, 11:26

This script is absolutely a must-have...
I've just a question...when i activate bounce the fighters upon launching from my carrier looks like they are teleported away from the ship (1 km afar c.a.)...is that normal?
Or maybe is it because my personal carrier includes a safety.net that make the script to bounce my fighters?
I've read in the script description that bounce does not occure with ships of the same race..so i can't imagine what it could be...
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 15:07

Can someone make wall file for AP+XRM 1.30d?

Gerry Howarth
x4

Post by Gerry Howarth » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 15:33

The wall file at the top of this page for 1.30c will work OK as 1.30d didn't change any models.

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Fri, 3. Jan 14, 23:27

I noticed bounce autopilot will plow right into stock exchange billboards. First time I've seen that bounce completely ignores an obstacle.

dESANT
x4

Post by dESANT » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 17:42

Gerry Howarth wrote:The wall file at the top of this page for 1.30c will work OK as 1.30d didn't change any models.
But its for TC not AP as Barleyman sugested

Gerry Howarth
x4

Post by Gerry Howarth » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 20:00

Sorry, didn't catch that!

Pyas
x3tc

Post by Pyas » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 21:33

I am having difficulty installing this.

I am using the X-tra ship pack 2.01, and have followed the instructions on generating a wall file, and the script removes everything in the sector, and tells me that it's now "dimensioning Mammoth 186/187", and nothing else happens, it just sits there doing nothing.

When I copy the scripts in, there is one duplicate from when I installed Phanon Corp (which works fine with no problems), which I just ignored considering the author and filesize are the same.

Does anyone have a Wall file they could upload for this version of X-Tra?
Or how bad of an idea would it be to use the version included with bounce (for 1.86 for something IIRC)?

Alternatively, what am I doing wrong?

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Fri, 10. Jan 14, 20:40

dESANT wrote:Can someone make wall file for AP+XRM 1.30d?
+1 here! Somebody help please! This is actual for today.
Could be included in the download file, instead of the old 1.18.
Or simply explain popular that means: "- Install the BounceWall.cat and BounceWall.dat as a false patch. Do not use as a mod in the mod's folder."
Then I'll make the wall-file itself.
Thanks!

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Wed, 29. Jan 14, 10:44

I am running AP + XRM 1.30d, and the wall file I generated can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/df4pq ... 9-L044.xml

Starjazer
x3ap

Post by Starjazer » Thu, 30. Jan 14, 18:09

stephen12345 wrote:I am running AP + XRM 1.30d, and the wall file I generated can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/df4pq ... 9-L044.xml
Thank you Stephen! I hope that now will not go to waste my miners and crushed on the Station some large ships (mobile research station for example), if I'm in this sector.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 1. Feb 14, 07:47

Hello there, back playing X3 since Rebirth didn't pan out as expected. It's been a couple years, but I recall being very grateful this mod existed and wanted to say thanks again to Litcube for making it.

I just bought Albion Prelude (because why not) and installed XRM 1.3

I noticed that the most recent wall file for XRM in your download was for 1.19f

I'm not sure if there have been updates to the actual ships and such in XRM since that version, however as a precaution, I generated my own wall file for XRM 1.30 and it came out to be twice the size (~34k) of the one included with your download (17k... the one which says 1.19f)

Litcube if you like I will email this file to you for future inclusion. However, as I'm not positive it's right (it's twice the size of 1.19f... that seems odd to me) I'll defer to you to decide if you actually want this wall. The xml looks to be right to me as far as ships are concerned though. Let me know, and thank you again for this mod.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Tue, 25. Feb 14, 19:34

Yeah...well... :roll:
I installed this, making a new wall (needed it I guess, because I scripted in two player ship models) and that went all exactly as outlined by the OP (gr8 job!!)

So, I took it for a spin (bound a hotkey and toggled Bounce on). Flying my scripted carrier with 100 fighters (run under CODEA) headed for an enemy battle group. My 70 attack fighters launched as they should (catapulted by CODEA, so transported into space instead of actually taking off), some of them get spawned at the other end of my ship and... one of them crashes into my carrier trying to get to the enemies! Mind you, my carrier is laying dead in the water, not moving an inch at the time of launch! Even so, the lieutenant (!) pilot of the fighter happily tries to find a shortcut straight through my ship. Emphasis on 'tried'. Sure, he damn well ejected, but that's a bit besides the point talking about 'bounce', isn't it?! :(

In short... did I miss anything?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 01:01

I'm wondering the same thing, did I miss anything ?

I've an off and on game going at the moment where I'm building M2's for sector defense duties as I expand my influence.

My manufacturing base is in a sector with a lot of roids. So I'm docked at the PHQ in that sector, and in the distance there is this large explosion. I check the player log and you guessed it, My M2 destroyed by roid.

So what am I missing ? Is there any way to check if bounce is actually turned on ? I must admit, I did not see the message saying it was turned on, even though I inserted mail messages to inform that the scripts had run. Even knowing they ran, I am not at all certain that bounce is actually running., expecially given on major explosion that I wasnt expecting.

So what have I missed ?

PDouma39
xr

Post by PDouma39 » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 02:55

If you turn Bounce on, you will (or should) get a temporary message on your screen. In flight or battle(when you are easily distracted) its easy to miss this message if you turn on/off Bounce.
And well to be honest when IS with a large or even small complex those tubes/roids are, even with Bounce on, a real challenge for your patrolling ships.
For that I use the mod TCM Tubeless Complex Mod, that way my ships will never have to deal with those tubes when I am IS (OOS it doesn't matter, collision is off then).
But even then I had, when IS, rarily but still, some ships crash into one of my stations.
I allways save before going IS with my ships patrolling my complex(es), especially when traffic is murder, so to speak.
I think of Bounce like a calculator, the busier it gets with more ships and stations, the more it has to calculate and the higher the chance that something will or might crash, even with Bounce on.
Awareness in life is rewarded by many

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Wed, 26. Feb 14, 20:17

I'm 100% sure bounce was activated, because I specifically took notice of the message, being it my first tryout of the script. Also, my fighter did not crash into a roid, nor into a complex (don't have a complex in that sector), nor into a gate, nor even into an enemy ship. He crashed into the carrier he was launched from just seconds before. He launched, turned 180° towards my carrier and hit the padel (and it wasn't the brakes!) Not too smart huh.

And with me it's just a fighter. apricotslice loses a destroyer to a roid, while a script specifically for those kind of instances is running? Oh my!!!

I'm ok with accidents still happening in rare occasions. That's life for you anyway, right? But running this script, I fail to see the improvement in absolute idiotic vanilla ai behaviour when on first tries a fighter hits its own carrier and a M2 crushes into a roid.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”