[Discussion] Generic X3TC S&M questions III

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 30. Jun 15, 10:09

0,0 is Kingdom End. the Coordinates in the map file start there, not at 1,1.

MFG

Ketraar

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 09:51

Probably this had been already answered, but i searched it and didn't find so... what I have to do to open (or extract) .dat files? I have no problem with using X3 editor for .cat, but I really don't understand how to open the .dat.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 10:27

The cat and dat files are pairs.

when you open the cat file, it also opens the dat files.

essentially the cat file just lists the contents and the dat files contain the actual data

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 12:27

Thanks for the reply!So, editing the .cat also change the corresponding .dat?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 17:47

Correct. Whereby you shouldn't change files within existing cat/dat pairs, but rather create an own cat/dat pair where you put your changed files. (The number of that cat/dat pair should be one greater than that of the highest cat/dat pair.) That way you can easily roll back changes you made without having to reinstall the game and you have all your modified files in one place.
Alternatively you can put the modified files within their folder structures into the game folder directly. For example a modified "Tships.txt" can be put into a folder called "types" within the X3TC gamefolder, so that Tships file would overwrite all other Tships files.

To save the hassle of finding the newest files, i.e. the ones you want to modify, you should use the virtual file system (VFS) option of the X3 Editor 2.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 20:32

X2-Illuminatus wrote: Alternatively you can put the modified files within their folder structures into the game folder directly. For example a modified "Tships.txt" can be put into a folder called "types" within the X3TC gamefolder, so that Tships file would overwrite all other Tships files.
Great! This is way simpler! Thanks for the help!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 10. Sep 15, 08:09

Where can I find a description of a job file entry?
The description there isn't entirely correct: http://www.argonopedia.org/wiki/Jobs.txt_%28X3%29
It seems it was made for X3:R (hence the missing M7 and TM ship classes). X3:AP's entries have 130 values per line, the wiki site describes only 119.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 14:50

... i would take a look into the X3Editor2 jobs-editor source, you can download it here
... i know that there are also some new (undescribed) entries for X3AP
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Wed, 30. Sep 15, 17:51

Is anywhere a script that extracts the message log to a txt fike?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 12:37

There's no Script Editor command to access messages within the Logbook. The only thing you can do is writing messages to it.

If you use my Custom Logbook script, you can at least export your own messages to a text file.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

tearing

Post by tearing » Mon, 26. Oct 15, 03:36

idk if this is the right place to ask
is there any hull repair mods?
tired of takig ships to shipyard whenever its hull damaged
preferably the one i can use without starting a new game
thanks in advance
edit: using albion prelude version

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 26. Oct 15, 07:10

Marine Repairs and Training

One of the most popular scripts on the forum for many years.

tearing

Post by tearing » Mon, 26. Oct 15, 08:09

DrBullwinkle wrote:Marine Repairs and Training

One of the most popular scripts on the forum for many years.
thanks a lot
silly me i just found a thread about mod library

roundowl
x3ap

Post by roundowl » Wed, 18. Nov 15, 21:23

Hello! Ran into several conflicting answers while googling my problem and decided to ask directly. I'm getting into modding X3TC/AP for the second time, and this time it didn't go well.

This time I wanted Universe to be a really alive place. Boron shooting Split; Terran shooting Argon; Teladi trying to cap and sell excess ships from fights, while being attacked by Pirates; Xenon and Khaak jumping on top of sectors, and Yaki terrorising trade routes all over the Universe.

May somebody write your own favourite set of mods that will allow X3TC or AP to do what I just wrote? I know that everyone should try and find what works for them. The reason I'm asking it here is I downloaded some mods, installed them correctly, launched the game and successfully done a patrol mission. But, soon after launching the game, FPS on SETA has gone down to 20 FPS, then 15, and soon it was seconds per frame. I know my PC can handle it, I ran 10x SETA in war sectors in AP and it was 60fps all along.

That is why I suspect a problem with some of my mods, and while I will try to find it by trying them one by one, can somebody help me with at least finding most suited mods? Also, I like the plots and I haven't gone through all of them, but I wonder if I should mod X3AP instead?

Thanks!

roundowl
x3ap

Post by roundowl » Thu, 26. Nov 15, 20:03

Nobody answered me, but I found the problem and solved it, so I will answer to me myself.

Mod problem was tied to fake patches, for some reason any mod that came with a fake patch ruined the game - either by CTD or by slowing it to seconds per frame.

And I also deleted RRF in favour of Improved Races. It works well, but pirates get obliterated very fast, so you will want to install something for them, too.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 28. Nov 15, 15:06

roundowl wrote:Mod problem was tied to fake patches, for some reason any mod that came with a fake patch ruined the game - either by CTD or by slowing it to seconds per frame.
That sounds a lot like either a conflict between different mods or a failed/damaged download. The installation method alone shouldn't have an impact on the game performance / stability.

If you're looking for mod suggestions, then I would suggest having a look at the following thread: Which Mod/Script Should I Download?

roundowl
x3ap

Post by roundowl » Sat, 28. Nov 15, 21:52

Thanks for the reply and the link, I was looking at that thread a couple of times, but even after that I still had a question "which of those mods do I download". I found the thread called "[Discussion/FAQ] What are the recommended scripts&mods? Ask here." and that helped me to get going, because it had three completed sets of mods and I just compiled mine from them.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 13. Dec 15, 16:11

Where are resources and products of AI and player factories defined?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sun, 13. Dec 15, 17:54

maps/waretemplates.xml
and sometimes maps/x3universe.xml
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 13. Dec 15, 18:14

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:maps/waretemplates.xml
you have to reset it if you want to make it work in your savegame
(ist auf deutsch, sollte dich aber nicht stören ^^)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”