Which Mod/Script Should i Download

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Which Mod/Script Should i Download

Post by LV » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 09:23

As these threads seem to have been breeding like tribbles lately they will now be dumped into here when posted until we've got their population down to acceptable levels again

In addition, we don't mind people giving the odd nudge to our new users about rules and stickies/guides but please don't try to be moderators or you may be moderated yourself ;)

Shamone

[ external image ]
Last edited by LV on Thu, 28. Apr 11, 18:50, edited 3 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 09:33

I saw a moderator's name as the OP of this and thought... what the...?

Anyway...

You should make it a poll with every mod/script listed as options! That way people can check all options they like!

Chop chop! You have a LOT of work to do! Just kidding!

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 11:34

Great move LV 8)

I thought it was about time that someone taught the tribbles/rabbits about contraception :P

On a more serious note, I thought it was about time a thread like this was created. Perhaps either this should be a sticky, or a separate moderator managed list of popular mod/script combos (derived from the output of this thread).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 12:33

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:On a more serious note, I thought it was about time a thread like this was created. Perhaps either this should be a sticky, ...
Pedantically, such thread was created 2008-10-21 and a link was added to the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url]. For completeness, this thread is now linked there too. Blindness taking over in five .. four ..

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 13:07

jlehtone wrote:
Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:On a more serious note, I thought it was about time a thread like this was created. Perhaps either this should be a sticky, ...
Pedantically, such thread was created 2008-10-21 and a link was added to the TC Download Library. For completeness, this thread is now linked there too. Blindness taking over in five .. four ..
In which case, why did LV create this one ;)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 18:18

the other has become out of date and as we all know nobody bothers to read stickies or use the guide so they can now spend their time wondering where their post has disappeared to instead

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 18:42

LV wrote:the other has become out of date and as we all know nobody bothers to read stickies or use the guide so they can now spend their time wondering where their post has disappeared to instead
:gruebel: :headbang: :doh:

I like the way you think :twisted:

Perhaps an additional link in the sticky then... so those that do actually pay attention to the rules will benefit :)

Tylui
x2

Mod with extra sectors?

Post by Tylui » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 23:11

I live the universe size, but I am a firm believer in the more the better. Are there any mods that add a significant amount of sectors that fit generally well into the story? I don't need extra races or other scifi crossovers or anything, just extra territories to explore...

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Re: Mod with extra sectors?

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 23:35

Tylui wrote:I live the universe size, but I am a firm believer in the more the better. Are there any mods that add a significant amount of sectors that fit generally well into the story? I don't need extra races or other scifi crossovers or anything, just extra territories to explore...
There is the RSM mod/script which randomly generates unknown and xenon sectors (in addition Frontier Wars will add AI claiming and fighting over the new sectors)

Morikal
x3

Post by Morikal » Tue, 3. May 11, 22:24

So I just got X3TC a few days ago. I've played X3R, unmodded.

Looking around at the mods, I'm thinking of getting:
CMOD 4
SRM:C
MARS

Is this a reasonable set? Anything I need to keep in mind while installing these together? Its hard to pick out which instructions are outdated and which ones aren't, but I can work that out in the mod thread itself I guess.

My goals are:
- with MARS, I like all that goblin stuff--sending little minions to collect stuff, auto return to base, etc. And the better missile defense stuff too I suppose, so long as it stays balanced (and it sounds like CMOD has a pack that makes missiles stronger to account for better missile defense systems)
- CMOD 4 & SRM just cause I like better balance :).

I have a pretty good machine, so I'm not too worried about FPS... though I am running at 2560x1600,.. I haven't had any huge battles yet, but hopefully it will be ok. I could always turn off AA or AF.
(I7 920 OCed to 4.15 GHz, 6 gigs of lowish latency RAM (1600 @ 7-8-7-18 IIRC), and running on a good SSD (OCZ Vertex 2, the one with the sandforce driver. For graphics I have dual GTX 460s OCed a bit, forget exactly to what. The 1 GB ones, not 768.)

Are there different mods which would better meet my needs?

EDIT: Also, any suggestions for mods/things which fix brokenness would be appreciated.
Last edited by Morikal on Tue, 3. May 11, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Which Mod/Script Should i Download

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 3. May 11, 22:47

LV wrote:In addition, we don't mind people giving the odd nudge to our new users about rules and stickies/guides but please don't try to be moderators or you may be moderated yourself ;)

Shamone

[ external image ]
Phear My Uberz Moderatorz Skillzz!!

I think its good to have a suggestion thread like this one :D

tr0ubl3mak3r
x3tc

Help finding mods?

Post by tr0ubl3mak3r » Sun, 8. May 11, 05:33

Straight to the point.. I built a new computer, and thought it'd be nice to dig out X3:TC and play around in space on my new hardware. But I would like to drop a few nice mods in this round, for many reasons.

I tried some mods a year or 2 ago on my last install, found a couple decent ones, but I gave up at some point searching through thread after thread. I would like to avoid going through that again. Is there any sort of repository yet for mods, to make this process more user friendly? Google search really is not adequate.. there's no way of knowing the name of a good mod, and sometimes you aren't looking for something in specific 'till you read about it and decide you want it, you know?

And are there any popular mod-packs out? I tried X-tended.. giant feature list looked awesome. New ship effects are nice. But after several days of playing, I hate it. Starting in a 100 speed light fighter with 50 bucks in your wallet and a couple 5MJ shields, isn't "Normal" difficulty for most gamers <_<. Or removing the repair laser from the astronaut suit.. ANYWAY, not gonna get carried away. Is there any mod collections sort of like X-tended that add bundled content/game changes, without punishing the player too much (and not making it too easy either?)

And... on another note, in the likely event there isn't a repository (I did google for one), WHY isn't there one? Or why isn't something like http://x3terranconflict.filefront.com/ used more often?

Edit:
So far I'm looking at, NPC Bailing Addon, Salvage Command Suit, Salvage Claim Software, Salvage Commands & NPCs, and have been poking around x1tp.com . It's a bit difficult to navigate, as it has some odd category names and I haven't found an option to sort by popularity. But it's something :D

{Sticky blind ... merged. jlehtone}

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 8. May 11, 09:19

@Jhletone... it's not a sticky. :(
Unless you mean he was blind of...

@troublemaker The Library, and anyway that's an announcement. But you'll find all the major stuff there to browse through.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

tr0ubl3mak3r
x3tc

Post by tr0ubl3mak3r » Sun, 8. May 11, 19:19

I was half surprised to see my thread got moved and was going to get annoyed, but then Emperor linked the Library and answered my question. Thanks dude.

I think I literally didn't click on that Library thread in the first place because the thread is an announcement instead of a sticky... usually announcements are messages from the board or devs and what not, not a large mod listing. Force of habbit.

Guess I'll spend days reading the library now.

mordtech
x3tc

Post by mordtech » Mon, 9. May 11, 14:12

i know which one i want, i just can't find it. sure i saw it in the library before as well.... 'crystal-less SPP mod'. does anyone have a link for this, or is it discontinued?
split alive!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. May 11, 14:46

:oops: I've always thought Announcements to be quite sticky.
mordtech wrote:i know which one i want, i just can't find it. sure i saw it in the library before as well.... 'crystal-less SPP mod'. does anyone have a link for this, or is it discontinued?
Not "crystal-less" but "crystal free". Going deeper into the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url], into the text file section, one stumbles on name Lazerath, His other posts then lead to crystal free thread, but the last page of that probably explains your memories. Links are dead though.

However, this might work. Furthermore, there is also "Resource Free Factory" by arcana75 in the Library.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Sun, 22. May 11, 05:34

Is there a script that will add a hotkey to eject an advanced satellite? I hate going through the menu for this. And I don't want to use something like the MARS "deploy satellites" that I have to wait for. I just want one satellite to be ejected behind me, wherever I happen to be at the moment I press the hotkey.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 22. May 11, 06:40

jlehtone wrote::oops: I've always thought Announcements to be quite sticky.
Making it a stickie would defeat the purpose.
Noone reads those.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 23. May 11, 14:32

mailleweaver wrote:Is there a script that will add a hotkey to eject an advanced satellite? I hate going through the menu for this. And I don't want to use something like the MARS "deploy satellites" that I have to wait for. I just want one satellite to be ejected behind me, wherever I happen to be at the moment I press the hotkey.
As requested.

Eject Adv Sat Hotkey v1 Zip

MarCon

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Wed, 25. May 11, 05:27

Thanks, MarCon. I considered writing a script similar to that but didn't how to make sure the sat was placed behind the playership without doing trig. Will placing it at the same position as the playership always put it behind, like ejecting, or will it get placed at some random point just outside of the playership collision avoidance zone (leaving the possibility of accidentally scooping it back up when it occasionally gets placed in front of playership)?
It seems strange to me that there's no script command for ejecting cargo; I couldn't find one, anyway.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”