Which Mod/Script Should i Download

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 23:08

Hi Phyon,

Apology accepted, thank you and you're welcome :)

I'm afraid you'll have to make the pick between combinations of coloured map/XRM/Improved Races etc. That said, a lack of colour isn't so bad after a while since you'll start to associate sector names/locations with races and while you are not sure, you probably know the sector map ("," key) states ownership.

Whatever your final choice, you might find the following list of some quality of life stuff of interest:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 03#4423803

Regards,
Sparks

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 03:53

oh thanks for the help guys crazy as this ends up sounding but I been spending the day playing litcube I ended up messing my install up badly with regular mods and had already done the install before doing all of the for litcube so ended up just going with it. I am having problems with it now well ethier it or I am still new to the game but I am just going to go post my question over in that post now instead of any more here.

AltiarSaint
xr

There has to be an easier way.

Post by AltiarSaint » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 10:24

I have spent many hours scouring the sectors for weapons for my newly bought ships. It takes so long to fit ships that I either get bored of the game or cheat them in. Is there a mod that makes the acquisition of weapons any easier such as a station that sells all types of weapons or maybe one that increases the rate and default stocks of weapons factories?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 11:07

A couple of scripts dealing with equipping ships are listed in the Community Script & Mod Download Library:

Yalamandis Corp. ship construction by Marvelous3175 allows to buy already equipped ships.
Auto Prep Ships by ThisIsHarsh allows equipping and configuring groups of ships quickly and easily.
With BAM (Bad *** Marines) by RoverTX your marines can equip your ships.
Equipment Research and Development by Cycrow makes it possible to research equipment upgrades and make them available in your own equipment docks.
Equip ships by chms helps with equipping ships "almost automatically" too.
POED by Trickmov allows your own equipment docks to sell equipment to you.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 18:53

another option is to create a self sustaining complex with all the resources and equipment to equip your ships (done right, it also turns a tidy profit)

-though, I'd put it in some empty sector off the beaten path to keep the frame rate issue under control.

start with a high yield silicon mine, add a solar array (or 3), and a crystal fab, then the resources for the crystal fab, followed by the resources and then the factories for the desired components. done right, it will be self sustaining and will not want for resources to build (limiting factor is usually the energy cells almost every factory needs, hence multiple solar arrays)

Edit:

I have found 4 base resource (cattle ranch) to 3 bactories (cahoona bakery) to 2 equipment factories (shields or guns or missiles) backed by 3 xl solar arrays seem to work for me.

Edit Edit:

For defense, Gazz's Ring of Fire mod for lasertowers could help keep your station alive until reinforcements arrive,

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Or station assets in system to defend
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Sun, 12. Apr 15, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 22:58

I'm looking for a mod that makes the AP war between Terrans and Argon meaningfull, rather than just spawning ships based on what I'm flying.
It feels terribly empty when this sector 'ravaged by war' only has a few fighters duking it out.
It's also a little silly when the sector furthest from the frontline is taken over, while the frontline itself is still fighting.

As example, I love the way XRM handles the war, spawning big fleets at a home base that move to the target and duke it out in the middle.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 11. Apr 15, 07:00

-about half the time I get in to the "active war" sectors (in my little m3) I am frequently encountering osakas and tokyos.... but it can vary as to WHICH sector is currently waging combat in.... sometimes I have to go 3 to 5 sectors in...

I am also using one of the "hard" starts, like bankrupt assassin or poisoned parinid, this could be part of the equation....

cjmarsh
x3tc

Post by cjmarsh » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 10:31

Hi, I was looking to start up another X3AP game but I remembered I got frustrated with the last one due to my automatic traders being targeted by warships during their runs. Is there a script or mod that disables the warships from automatically attacking any player ships and property despite being friendly when said player isn't around?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 21:17

To stop the attacks in war sectors in X3AP, download this script by Lucike. (Extract the archive to your "X3 Terran Conflict\addon" folder and confirm that one file will be replaced.) There are other mod solutions available too.
If you want to get rid of the war sectors completely, then there's a chance to do this via the Shady Business plotline.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

cjmarsh
x3tc

Post by cjmarsh » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 23:56

Looks like just what I was searching for, thanks.

DoomDude1

Post by DoomDude1 » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 21:47

So, I'm looking for a script which either improves trading (and automates it more) or preferably makes your own stations/fleets/ships more independent.

Also, if possible, XRM compatible.

drowningfly
x4

Post by drowningfly » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 15:32

Are there any model or texture improvement mods for the ships or stations? I think the game is now starting to look a little dated (but still amazing for its age!).

tearing

Post by tearing » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 21:54

any mods to remove all asteroid in a sector forever?
i tried to destroy it, but it respawn after couple of day

edit : and another mod to change station and ships appereance/color.

x3 ap version

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 01:59

@tearing: Remove Rocks (Mini Asteriods) (Laux) will remove ROCKS (not asteroids). Rocks are those small broken pieces of asteroids that do not show on the map.

It would be possible for a script to allow removing asteroids. I do not recall such a script offhand, but it might be worthwhile to take a look through the Community Script & Mod Download Library for X3: Terran Conflict.

You can remove an asteroid by placing a mine on it, then destroying the mine. (By "mine" I mean an ore or silicon mine; not a destructive mine).

When you progress far enough in the game, you will be able to purchase a Player Headquarters (PHQ). One of its features is the ability to "paint" your ships in a new color.

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@drowningfly: Not exactly, no. The Cadius's X-Tra Ship/Station Pack comes the closest to your request. It replaces a few of the vanilla ship models (and adds some new ships).

Also, some of the major mods use higher-quality models; often at some cost in performance. The X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) is well-known for making that tradeoff, while staying close (ish) to the vanilla game. Most major mods are intended for experienced players who may have played the vanilla game for hundreds of hours.

* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@DoomDude1: Some popular scripts for improving your automated traders are:

MK3 Improvement
OK Traders
Manual Trade Extension: Best buy/sell loop combined with Signal_Targeted (with Emergency Jump)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Tue, 23. Feb 16, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

tearing

Post by tearing » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 15:00

@drbullwinkle
thanks a lot
i cant find destroy asteroid mod/script though

but what i did are combining all asteroid, plant a mine there, and destroy it

seems to work because asteroid arent respawning after 2 game day

now is there any way to rename sector?
i want to try these mod (lost number and marking unknow sector), but dl link are dead/blocked

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 20:30

I think he was referring to this
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218412

remove rock/debris from universe

removing all minable asteroids from universe could be ultimately detrimental to the 'economy'

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 22:13

tearing wrote:i can't find destroy asteroid mod/script
Link updated.

There are several ways to remove rocks:

I prefer Laux's approach because it is reversible. You will need to renumber the .cat/.dat pair to the next-higher-two-digit number in your X3TC or X3TC\addon folder: Remove Rocks (Mini Asteriods) (Laux)

As SirDeathWalker suggested, Graxster's Graxster's Remove Rocks from Universe is a more permanent approach. (You can always MAKE rocks, by breaking asteroids, if you desire).

A third approach is Remove Rocks 1.03 (author unknown). This script has options that allow you to remove all rocks from a sector, from the entire universe, or to merely reduce the number of rocks and debris, which may be desirable in some sectors.

Regarding your other questions, ask in the relevant threads and the authors of those threads will be notified.

I like Ketraar's Marking Unknown Sectors (MUS) because it is easy to modify to name sectors exactly as you prefer. The download link is broken, as are many links to the old x1tp site. You can search the new xdownloads.co.uk to get the new link. In this case it is Marking Unknown Sectors (MUS) (Download Only)

tearing

Post by tearing » Wed, 24. Feb 16, 09:24

that link works

there is some miss understanding because of my poor choice of words

actually at that time i need to remove some huge asteroid (not rocks) from player sector
they are blocking trading lanes and will makes my ut / ai traders hit each other when i am IS

anyway its fixed already. thank you for your assistance

xr

Post by Avatar of darkness » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 09:11

Please help me to find fix, which removes annoying cubes near the Aragon transport. Seems, I saw this fix somewhere here.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

SlicerShanks
x3ap

Post by SlicerShanks » Wed, 31. Aug 16, 22:54

I don't know if this has been posted, but I was looking at a script that was put out for a "warp drive", where one travels at SETA speeds, but without the time dilation, just making your ship go real fast like cruise drive in Freelancer. They posted links to their scripts but its been almost ten years since that forum got updated so the links are obviously dead.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar since. Thanks so much guys!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”