[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BenS123456789
xr

Post by BenS123456789 » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:20

No military strikes / No incursion
Fleet is retreating

I check regularly, but I have only seen a strike happening once in a long time

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 00:58

This mod compatible with the game 3.3 / 3.4?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 09:07

alexalsp wrote:This mod compatible with the game 3.3 / 3.4?
Yes, it works fine. :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 09:45

BenS123456789 wrote:No military strikes / No incursion
Fleet is retreating

I check regularly, but I have only seen a strike happening once in a long time
Ok, so what are your settings for IR then? If you enabled the sector defense options (sorry, I don't know the exact name of them anymore, it is a long time since I used IR), XRM's Terran and Argon incursions are completely futile.

BenS123456789
xr

Post by BenS123456789 » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 10:03

Thanks for your input,

Actually I turned it on yes, because of other's race war between each other. I hope this is the reason why I don't see anything (fleet get blown up too fast to appear long enough on the Military Network), I'll try without today.

Edit: turns out it doesn't change anything, I did MATS for quite a while, besides one invasion from the terran, nothing happened. I tried with a new game, plenty of invasions... I uninstalled IR, same issue

Midnight Toker

Re: [MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

Post by Midnight Toker » Sat, 29. Sep 18, 05:15

Hi there, link for "Ship name changes for XRM" in first post is down.

Any alternative source?

frostedclaws
x4

Post by frostedclaws » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 22:52

Midnight Toker wrote:
Sat, 29. Sep 18, 05:15
Hi there, link for "Ship name changes for XRM" in first post is down.

Any alternative source?
was looking for this too. trying to trouble shoot if my installation is working properly. best i can do for you is this complete ship list http://blubb.najut.org/x3/xrm/ships_en_xrm.html - turns out its not also long post incoming..

Being my first time modding any form of X series games it took me quite a while, (ive spent 30+ hours troubleshooting and trying to find old posts about what other people have done to solve the issues ive experienced) but just staying patient and trying to fix one problem at a time is the only way to do it. Rereading the first 3 posts of this post is essential to saving headache, maybe not time but will help referencing it constantly.

Links for some hints on Mammoth problem: viewtopic.php?p=4078174 https://steamcommunity.com/app/201310/d ... 312086014/ - last one references using litcubes bouncescript - not even to that point yet and compining my own wall file ...... going to be fun! but it still references overwriting the Tships file so should find some hints there ppl. (think this requires x2 script editor 2)

Anyways, the Mammoth problem - ive found it discussed in bits and pieces on several spots on this forum and steam's forums. they boil down to the Tships file is messed up / overwritten. my last / main cause of this was i put MARS dat/cat files in with the game after the XRM cat / dat files. ive since learned not to include those and it was actually written in the first 3 posts of this sticky. I had no idea what those mods were when i read this sticky before learning about any other mods but it was there (perhaps some more description would be nice, or not the vague *for me* description of MARS
paulwheeler wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 11, 15:24

MARS Data File
Updated 28.11.12

MARS Data File for XRM v1.27

Simply drop this file into your "t" folder. You must be running MARS v5.08 or later.
A quick message about more information to read in post 3 would have saved me many many hours of everything. I may be the only one who experienced this but I'd like to just spare the next person.
Below is the post in the third post of this sticky.
paulwheeler wrote:
Fri, 15. Jul 11, 15:24

MARS: MARS is compatible - Do not use the full repackaged version - either use the manual install and do not install the MARS drones cat/dat - just the scripts. The drones are already merged into the XRM and installing them will break the XRM, or use Bullwinkle's repackaged version for mods that include TShips. You will also need the custom MARS data file above. Simply copy this into your "t" folder ("addon\t" for AP)

Complex Cleaner, FDN v7, MPM v7, SSDN v7: install the base cat/dat from these mods/scripts to the lowest cat/dat number, then the XRM base mod and addon packs as higher numbers.
basically dont use the cat/dat files from MARS and it works fine so far. that repair drone is just for optimization and i have yet to get it to work perfect.

That very last line is important too - those abbreviations mean nothing to me the first time i started with mods. and caused me headaches later. so if we could put their full description next to them it would be helpful to stick in peoples minds ^^.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
main reason im posting is to ask a question - I have a save game i started and just went with because it was the first time the game actually ran after hours of frustration. I have Mammoths roaming freely throughout every sector, including swarms of them from the kha'ak and pirates and every race, of course they all smash into things and have blown up so many space stations from ramming speed to just nothing can kill them but its been an ongoing battle to keep their population down. I know now that is a symptom of x3 not being able to read the Tships file from XRM and that it was probly overwritten this time by me leaving the MARS data files in with a higher number than XRM. My question / hope is can i do anything to get my save file to show / include the ships XRM intended for me to see / fight?

Want to say Thank You! for putting in all the time and effort involved in making this mod ~ and in making any compatibility patches / changes you've done! I'm extremely impressed that you kept with it for so long. (though i think you're inactive now but maybe people here aren't) I'm suspecting interest in the game will rise again since X4 comes out next month, really cant wait for that hence why im playing this again ^^ so stoked.

TL/DR ~ messed up my Tships file so only see Mammoths > played billion hours into current save game > can i do anything to get my save file to show / include the ships XRM intended for me to see / fight?

docmdreidy

Post by docmdreidy » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 00:14

Are these Re balance mods for TC still available?
I've tried to download them from this forum and ONEDRIVE intrudes. Is there an alternate way to access files one and two?
How do I c&p the URLs in the code tags? What do they look like?
And...If I understand correctly, I can specify a mod for Terran Conflict only and not Albion Prelude. Is this correct?

ONEDRIVE DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY THIS FORUM.
Please copy and paste the URLs in the code tags into your browser address bar

Thanks ahead of time.

frostedclaws
x4

Post by frostedclaws » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 00:42

i believe so? cant say ive tried playing mods for terran conflict. but the game for x3 TC and x3 AP are both names \terran conflict\ only difference is the albion prelude is inside the \addons\ folder. so if you are going to play one, make sure you put the mods in the first folder for terran conflict, and the addons forlder for albion prelude. even if some instructions are very vague ... try that first and make backups!

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx
x3ap

Post by xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 19:50

Guys, hello everyone!
Are there modmakers here who will tell me one interesting feature?
How and by what formulas did the ships balance in XRM be calculated? These formulas are very, very necessary.
I am modding and adding a large number of ships. Therefore, it is very important for me to know all the calculation formulas for all ships.
I think that this is not a secret and good people will help me in my question.

Best regards, LEOPARD!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 3. Oct 18, 20:12

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx wrote:
Wed, 3. Oct 18, 19:50
Guys, hello everyone!
Are there modmakers here who will tell me one interesting feature?
How and by what formulas did the ships balance in XRM be calculated? These formulas are very, very necessary.
I am modding and adding a large number of ships. Therefore, it is very important for me to know all the calculation formulas for all ships.
I think that this is not a secret and good people will help me in my question.

Best regards, LEOPARD!
I'm not sure if there were any formulas used for XRM's ships. Paul could probably answer that, but he is quite rarely in this thread lately.

sabrehawk
xr

Post by sabrehawk » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 11:50

Man i would be so glad if anyone just could write a darn installer for this mod that works on the pretence that you have a vanilla x3ap clean install and only needs to ask for the install folder location or even better...reads it out of the bloody registry^^...might have shortened this thread by a 1000 pages.

Vesstair

Post by Vesstair » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 18:21

Erm... I'm not sure if I'm missing something (I don't see any links in code tags) but upon going to the onedrive link the site says the account has been suspended. Is there another way to get the mod pack?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 22:02

The linked web site from my signature also got the most important XRM downloads, but I'm experiencing technical difficulties for some hours now. I hope tomorrow all issues will get fixed.

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 13:59

Hello, anyone else play this mod? Its still working?

Aseron
x4

Post by Aseron » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 06:17

Anyone know how to restore the Phased Shockwave Generator to its original state? Frame rate is not an issue for me, and before this mod, it was my single favorite weapon with its ability to wipe out clusters of fighters in one go.

As much as I like the things added in with this mod, that once change has me going back to my unmodded steam version.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 18:55

If you want this completely overpowered weapon back, than you could restore the corresponding entries in TLaser.txt and TBullets.txt. This should do the trick. Maybe you also have to edit Effects.txt, but I'm not sure about this one.

kolt16
x4

Post by kolt16 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 22:58

Hi all.

Is there someone who has a working link for the XRM cockpit pack?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Found this, if anyone runs into the same issue (hopefully it's the same thing):
viewtopic.php?t=254635

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”