[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sun, 6. May 18, 21:50

The problem with XRM is you can do whatever you want (remove engine trails, stop faction wars, reduce enemy spawn, clean the AI director, change light effects and so on) and XRM will still have massive lag spikes. Especially in sinza. The only method to get a lag free game when it comes to fleet fights is to install Litcubes Universe. I liked XRM alot, loved the eye candy and the love put into balancing and giving each ship a role... but performance wise it is still as bad as vanilla AP, if you don't remove engine trails, flying in some ships like the Thor is even worse.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 7. May 18, 18:13

According to my tests, removing the engine trails hasn't caused a notable performance impact. Just changing the fire rate and bullet speed of weapons, like in LU, yields an exceptionally big performance gain for me.

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Mon, 7. May 18, 21:48

Litcube did also a ton of other stuff to improve the performance. And the engine traill part was particularly for some special ships like the Thor which without would make Sinza stutter because of graphical power need while everything else needs just CPU, so this just may say you have the much more powerful GPU than me.

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Thu, 31. May 18, 17:17

Got back into X3 after a disastrous attempt at Rebirth.

Having this strange issue that Aldrin... is stupidly large and auto pilot seems to be broken.

Also ATF stations are just numbers in brackets.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 31. May 18, 19:09

Do you see a giant asteroid in the center of Aldrin?

If you got ReadText errors like with the ATF stations, you haven't installed XRM correctly. Please follow the instructions for all three parts exactly.

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 04:30

MAN!

I never actually installed the scripts properly. I just dumped them into the addon folder as Script_AP.

So... yeah, thats a problem.

Yet, even after all this, The ATF shipyard is readtext and now a bunch of my sectors are listed as unknown... I might have to do a clean install of X3 and give this more careful installation.

(Update!)

BOOM, solved everything, XRM is working 100% for me now!

vellarain
xr

Post by vellarain » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 10:09

Good gravy, those AGI drones are no joke!

Also, the Terren don't know how to build satellites?

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 05:42

Welp, I'm not surprised to see this thread is still active.

Imma reinstalling X3 right now and installing the mod afterwards. Anything I should know, any new versions since a few years ago, that sort of stuff?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 18:16

The version linked in the first post is still recent and working fine with the newest X3 version. :)

cuisinart8

Post by cuisinart8 » Wed, 4. Jul 18, 02:13

Hi, folks. I'm having a bit of trouble installing this mod on the Steam version of AP. I got it working fine in TC, but it just doesn't want to work in AP. I followed the instructions on the first page, but no parts of the mod are working for me, and indeed I get no message at the beginning of a game informing me that XRM is active. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, as the few places I could find where people had a similar problem were either extremely vague on what they did to fix the issue or had made mistakes that I hadn't. If anyone can try and help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 19:36

Just a wild guess, but did you only follow the TC instructions and then expect XRM to be applied to AP as well? Though both games are installed in the same directory, most modifications to TC (the base game folder) won't carry over to AP, which mostly uses stuff in the addon folder.

cuisinart8

Post by cuisinart8 » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 21:52

Oh, that must be it. I must have misread the instructions. I applied the mod to the base folder. Thanks for correcting me, I probably should have read a bit more closely.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Wed, 11. Jul 18, 22:08

I created an advanced modding package based on XRM.

Its AP only but it comes with an automated installation and selected fixes and extensions - alot problems people have will be solved with it.

It also fixes the performance problems by adding performance fixed and the X3 Customizer stuff, which fixes a real bug in the script system described some weeks ago.

Give it a try:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=399184

Lenient
x3tc

Post by Lenient » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 16:09

I'm pretty sure I installed the mod correctly, but there's this one type of NPC that keep flying Mammoths, despite belonging to factions that aren't Argon. They're called "Boron Military Supply Transporter", for example. They are very common and easy to spot, due to flying mammoths...

What can I do? Do I change around the numbering of the .cats and .dats? I read something about "generating wall file"... what the heck does that mean? Why is that not included in installation instructions?

Thanks in advance.
If you wear the same clothes two days in a row, you can pretend you're a time traveler from yesterday.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 17:01

You should only generate a wall file if you use the script "Bounce" (which is a completely separate download and has no connection to XRM whatsoever).

As you have analyzed, you don't have installed XRM correctly. I suggest you try again and ask if a part of the install instructions is unclear.

Lenient
x3tc

Post by Lenient » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 17:37

Paul said this at some point:

"The only thing that causes mammoths everywhere is a conflicting tships. Possible reasons are:

1 - youre not deleting the bounce cat/dat after generating your wall file.

2 - you are not starting a new game after removing the bounce cat/dat.

3 - your cat/dats are not consecutively numbered.

4 - you have another mod which has a tships in it.

Whatever the cause, the game cannot see the XRM tships."

Look at number 1. This is why I mentioned it. My suspicions were 100% justified. At number 2; irrelevant, I didn't add any bounce stuff. Number 3; they are. And 4; wrong. I've only installed XP: AP and then XRM. NOTHING ELSE.

Either the mod is broken (most likely) or these ships are supposed to be Mammoths. Or the instructions are missing some steps for no reason. I've tried loads of mods in my days and man, so many of them have terrible instructions.
If you wear the same clothes two days in a row, you can pretend you're a time traveler from yesterday.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 19:42

Lenient wrote:Either the mod is broken (most likely) or these ships are supposed to be Mammoths. Or the instructions are missing some steps for no reason. I've tried loads of mods in my days and man, so many of them have terrible instructions.
Given that the mod works fine for so many others, why would you say it is likely broken?

Anyway, use X3 Editor 2 to track down what is wrong in your install. Its VFS display will show the highest priority files the game will see. 'addon/types/Jobs.txt' has the Boron transporter; its assigned ship type is SS_SH_B_TSP. 'addon/types/Ships.txt' has the various ships; there should be a matching ID at entry 377. If there is no match, look at where those files are being sourced from in the VFS; they should be from the same XRM catalog.

Lenient
x3tc

Post by Lenient » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 20:01

I think so because I did everything correctly. Seriously, you have to believe me.

This seems a bit complex. I found the 5 different "Military Supply Transporter" jobs. ID 377 seems to be the Dolphin Sentinel, right? The ship class coincides in Jobs.txt. I don't know what's wrong. I could take pictures using Gyazo to illustrate.

Do I uncheck the Vanguard and Hauler variants (that's what it is right now without changing anything) and check the Sentinel variant? Will that fix it?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Tue, 31. Jul 18, 20:21

Yes on the Dolphin Sentinel. It sounds like your files match up. I'm pretty sure the variant flags get ignored when a specific ship type is requested.

My other thought: are you starting a new game, or just loading an existing game to see if the mammoths went away? With the way X3 works, once the ship (mammoth) is selected and spawned, it will not be affected by messing around with the selection criteria. You need to start a new game, or else kill all of the bad mammoths off so that they eventually respawn properly.

If there is still a problem in a new game, one other thing to check for is a loose TShips.txt or TShips.pck file in the addon/types folder (not in a catalog file), though the X3 Editor VFS should pick up on that if present. There is also the "select mod package" option in the X3 launcher that could cause problems if in use.

My final thought is that the XRM installation is different between TC and AP (since most AP source files are in the addon folder), but it doesn't sound like that is the problem here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”