[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:04

The vanilla membrane effect doesn't scale, XChange Portals mod just provides its own.

Since all the XChange Portals mod does is change that texture and the model files for the gates, loading it after the XRM should fix it.

Let me know if it does, I can't play without it.
paulwheeler wrote:All of those should be fine. I use no fog and and no ads myself.
Which no fog mod? the only one I can find is a v2.5-based TBackgrounds replacement by Argonaught - is that the one?
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:14

Yes that's the one.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:18

creidiki wrote:The vanilla membrane effect doesn't scale, XChange Portals mod just provides its own.

Since all the XChange Portals mod does is change that texture and the model files for the gates, loading it after the XRM should fix it.

Let me know if it does, I can't play without it.
I tried, but it doesn't work even when loaded last.

The only thing I found is that Xchange provides an argon_gate_effect.bob file under objects/others, while XRM has an argon_gate_effect.pbb.
I thought the different compression was what was getting in the way of the load order trick, but neither renaming the file in Xchange's cat/dat or XRM's one (which should mean disabling it and letting the other be the only one that could be called) seemed to do the trick... :?
Last edited by Kadatherion on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:18

Kadatherion wrote:Small compatibility issue with Xchange Guild Portals:

[ external image ]

That minimod enlarges the gates and is really helpful at preventing AI pathing issues when traversing them (and allowing to use 'em with huge ships such as the Valhallha). Seems a new graphic you used for the bluish membrane doesn't scale with the gates themselves as the vanilla one does. As it happens both with loading the portals mod before AND after XRM in load order, I guess it's a reference tied to the models themselves instead of a classic file overwritten by the load order?
As it's not a widely used mod a patch just for it would be redundant, but if someone could point me to the culprit file (a dds?), I could just remove it from the XRM cat/dat to restore the working vanilla one.
Its called "gatewhirl.dds" IIRC. I'm surprised it doesn't scale though as its just a direct replacement for the vanilla texture... no models have been changed - although i did double the texture res. have you tried changing sectors?

The gate model in XRM is just speeds the rotation of the texture up a bit.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:26

Ah, damn, indeed!
Something must have gotten stuck while I was ordering the cat files and checking everything was at its place, and didn't think that changing sectors could refresh and fix it. Which it definitely does. My bad :oops:

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:27

I had a question about the universe thing. Was the entire universe rearranged or is everything still where it was except for the additional sectors?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:28

Kadatherion wrote:Ah, damn, indeed!
Something must have gotten stuck while I was ordering the cat files and checking everything was at its place, and didn't think that changing sectors could refresh and fix it. Which it definitely does. My bad :oops:
Yeah, any model changes need a sector change before you see the new model - thats why the save games are so big - all the ship models are stored in them!

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:29

Osiris454 wrote:I had a question about the universe thing. Was the entire universe rearranged or is everything still where it was except for the additional sectors?
The vanilla universe is mostly intact. There have been a few link changes to help the AI get around, but mostly its all there and the new sectors are fitted around the old ones.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:30

Yacek wrote:Mod promises to be interesting. I have one small question:

All new unknown sectors, have called the numerical coordinates of their location on a map of the universe. Is this a bug (no assigned the name "Unknown Sector") or its purpose, it can be to locate?
All Unknown Sectors now have coordinates on them, including vanilla ones. This is by design as it makes navigating them easier.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 21:32

Mizuchi wrote:From now on I'd better just leave the replies to Paul lest I keep posting something a minute before he does. >_>

It's getting kind of uncanny now, huh? I mean, the odds are slim that we'd post something at the same time once - but several times over the space of a few months?

Has anyone ever seen us in the same place at the same time?! D:

You're just too quick on the draw... or is it that it takes me ages to write a post on my phone???

I'm on my PC now, so I can type a little faster and get in first! :wink:

malanthor
x3tc

Post by malanthor » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:05

I noticed that the ion cannon does 11 k shield damage and 166 hull damage while its lesser twin the ion pulse gen does 9,1 k shield and 233 hull, why the greater hull damage on the smaller gun? Perhaps i am just mistakenly taking them to belong to the same species, and it can be explaiend that way, just figured id point my finger at it.

The two new Xenon weapons: gamme pulse em and high energy particle railgun can also be used by split TS and TPS which i find quite odd. any particular reason for this?

Mass Driver is now listed as dooing 95 hull damage, and costing 162 energy/s. thisnumber if true makes the weapon not very usefull -i think.

phased plasma generator has no description.

plasma burst projector reads that it was developed by paranid but only split ships can use it.

By the way this info was only gotten through use of cycros cheat script, i just wanted to check things out, so who knows maybe its wrong somehow. :) I just thought id raise my hand just incase.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:12

Can Litecubes excellent Missile Attack script be used with the XRM? and his missile boat supply script?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:27

malanthor wrote:I noticed that the ion cannon does 11 k shield damage and 166 hull damage while its lesser twin the ion pulse gen does 9,1 k shield and 233 hull, why the greater hull damage on the smaller gun? Perhaps i am just mistakenly taking them to belong to the same species, and it can be explaiend that way, just figured id point my finger at it.

The two new Xenon weapons: gamme pulse em and high energy particle railgun can also be used by split TS and TPS which i find quite odd. any particular reason for this?

Mass Driver is now listed as dooing 95 hull damage, and costing 162 energy/s. thisnumber if true makes the weapon not very usefull -i think.

phased plasma generator has no description.

plasma burst projector reads that it was developed by paranid but only split ships can use it.

By the way this info was only gotten through use of cycros cheat script, i just wanted to check things out, so who knows maybe its wrong somehow. :) I just thought id raise my hand just incase.
Me, I'm peeking shamelessly in the tfiles while I retrofit some things for personal use, and I can confirm the odd issue with split caimans and iguanas having access to SG_LASER_PAC weapon category, which is now Gamma Pulse Emitter and High Energy Particle Railgun.

The mass driver deals definitely little damage, but it still ignores shields, which is a huge advantage. You also don't have to manage ammos anymore, it might be balanced imho.

About the pulse gen and the ion cannon... well, the latter is a beam weapon, which makes the calculated damage values not really precise nor relevant. Beam weapons, cold stat wise, are usually weaker than a same level projectile based ones, but in the hand of the player they would be far too overpowered otherwise. Still, with beam weapons, the only real way to feel if they are balanced or not, is to try and compare them in an actual ingame engagement.

malanthor
x3tc

Post by malanthor » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:29

Oh it ignores shield.. i thought it was useless if shield was up, lol, shows what i know. Its alot better then i thought then. :D

ALso noticed that that split m6 class only have ion shard railgun as their heaviest weapon, this makes split m6 class the def weakest m6 class in regard to heavy weaponry which is kinda odd for the most crazy gung hoe weapon race out there.
Another issue: if the lasertowers have gotten a huge damage boost, it was quite insane by the way :P should it not cost more than its meazly price, i mean i as the player can just buy 6 of those babies and take on 30 cap ships, well maybe not but you get my meaning. :) Unless it aint attached to reg lasertowers buyable by player.
Last edited by malanthor on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:31

Sn4kemaster wrote:Can Litecubes excellent Missile Attack script be used with the XRM? and his missile boat supply script?
I don't see anything in the archives that should give it grief - there's nothing I do not already have in my game.

Actually, the missile supply script is probably a better fit than Gazz's AI ammo cheat, for keeping AI ships supplied, now that missiles are our only worry.

Paul, you might want to take a look at that, at least as an alternative suggestion.
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:35

The Xenon weapons on split freighters was an oversight and will be fixed - you can't buy the Xenon weapons anywhere (well almost) so its not the end of the world.

There were bound to be one or two things that slipped through the net!

The ISR may not be the biggest hitter against other frigates, but its by far the most effective medium weapon against fighters.

Its difficult to make all the races weapons balanced without making them all the same. But there are bound to be one or two teething troubles. slight balancing changes is an easy fix.

(on Monday! - must have weekend away from the X3 Editor or I'll go mad!)

soulmonarch
x4

Post by soulmonarch » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:37

Question:

I much prefer Cadius' Terran Shipyard model. Is it still available by the same method as it was in SRM?
"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."
- The Oath of the Vidmaster

malanthor
x3tc

Post by malanthor » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:37

You cant get away from it!! AHAHAHAHA, when you fall asleep it will come to you!!

freelancer91

Post by freelancer91 » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:38

What is the best way to uninstall SRM and combat mod without having to delete local content and redownload the entire game? Could I just verify the game cache in Steam and write over files?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:38

soulmonarch wrote:Question:

I much prefer Cadius' Terran Shipyard model. Is it still available by the same method as it was in SRM?

Yes. Just open TDocks and change the model to point at Cadius' one - its the same path as it was for the SRM.
Last edited by paulwheeler on Fri, 15. Jul 11, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”