[MOD] Ringless Gate Mod {Vanilla Safe}

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 14. Aug 12, 19:12

dertien glad you like it
as for the grid gate, for someone who knows how to make models i think it would be no proplem at all but as i can't model to save my life
i'm unable to help sorry
catta
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 15. Aug 12, 22:40

Hey, No Problemo man just had to ask :wink:

xuxfcibc

Post by xuxfcibc » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 16:46

link in 1st post is broken, update please.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 16:57

xuxfcibc wrote:link in 1st post is broken, update please.
just checked and it downloaded fine
its mediafire, if you try again and you have no luck i could upload it somewhere else of your choice as long as its free
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 17:01

I can confirm that the link does not work for me, either. Mediafire says that it is blocked due to encrypted content.

x1tp.com is a popular and good hosting site for x games (for now, at least).

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 27. Feb 13, 17:40

bugger
ok tried to upload to x1tp.com twice but each time it says "Connection attempt failed!"
but that probably because of my crap internet
between 4pm and midnight it sucks bigtime so i'll stay up and try again later
check back this time tomorrow and it should be sorted
till then please mind the gate

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 11:27

ok tried last night and this morroning to upload to x1tp.com but had no joy
till i can get a better internet here is a temp link at rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/953026469/l ... d%201.2.7z

let me know if there ary any issues

could you guys check the other downloads in my collection and tell me if i need to sort them out aswell
catta

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 16:50

Of the Download links on your collection page, only Station Debris Remover is valid. The rest say:
  • Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

You can PM SS_T about your trouble with x1tp.com. He is usually quite responsive to problems.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 17:08

DrBullwinkle wrote:Of the Download links on your collection page, only Station Debris Remover is valid. The rest say:
  • Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

You can PM SS_T about your trouble with x1tp.com. He is usually quite responsive to problems.
strange i was able to download them from the egosoft page but when i checked my stuff on MediaFire it said stuff about file being limited because encrypted or split or corrupted, so i reuploaded them and it still said the same
so will get them sorted at my sisters tomorrow as she has better internet and if that dont work i'll bug SS_T for help
thanks for ckecking my stuff

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 17:22

Thanks for making your stuff. :)

Especially the no-ring gate mod... it looks better and works much better than the rings.

I am sure that x1tp can be made to work by contacting SS_T. He has a tendency to "tinker" with the site, which results in both constant improvements and (less often) minor bugs.

Some people have been using Google Drive recently, which seems to work well. (Or LV's Public Google Code Site)

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 18:30

I'd love to give this a go now that it's resurfaced. Just tried the rapidshare link and get the message "Download not available. Download permission denied by uploader."

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 18:32

I get the same: "Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)"

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 20:48

try this one
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61925309/large% ... e%20mod.7z
p.s. i hate the internet

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 20:52

Works for me.

:thumb_up:

(PS: I know what you mean about the Internet, but DropBox is the kind of thing that takes some of the pain away from doing many tasks.
So +1 for DropBox. :) )

xuxfcibc

Post by xuxfcibc » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 21:33

DrBullwinkle wrote:Works for me.

:thumb_up:

(PS: I know what you mean about the Internet, but DropBox is the kind of thing that takes some of the pain away from doing many tasks.
So +1 for DropBox. :) )
Tnx!

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 23:45

Lovely. Many thanks.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 9. May 13, 16:02

WIll this work with XRM-AP as a fake patch?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 9. May 13, 16:35

does XRM-AP do anything to the gate model?
if no then you are good to go as it works fine in vanilla AP
if yes then it should work if you place it in the addon folder with a higher no.
than the XRM-AP
although is XRM-AP a fake patch or a mod folder mod?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 9. May 13, 17:14

I have it as fake patch. If I remember rightly it does something very small to gates. Should be ok to place over and check though shouldn't it?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 17:48

Trying this mod with XRM. Seems to work except I've lost gate swirl animations. Is this something I can fix easily myself?

EDIT: Oh jeez. I just had to jump to a new sector to get them to swirl. I guess that's an easy "fix." lol

Also a note, it does not alter the new Terran gates. Just fyi to AP players.

Still though, nice mod!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”