[MOD] Ringless Gate Mod {Vanilla Safe}

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Thu, 28. Feb 13, 23:45

Lovely. Many thanks.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 9. May 13, 16:02

WIll this work with XRM-AP as a fake patch?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 9. May 13, 16:35

does XRM-AP do anything to the gate model?
if no then you are good to go as it works fine in vanilla AP
if yes then it should work if you place it in the addon folder with a higher no.
than the XRM-AP
although is XRM-AP a fake patch or a mod folder mod?
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 9. May 13, 17:14

I have it as fake patch. If I remember rightly it does something very small to gates. Should be ok to place over and check though shouldn't it?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 17:48

Trying this mod with XRM. Seems to work except I've lost gate swirl animations. Is this something I can fix easily myself?

EDIT: Oh jeez. I just had to jump to a new sector to get them to swirl. I guess that's an easy "fix." lol

Also a note, it does not alter the new Terran gates. Just fyi to AP players.

Still though, nice mod!

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 22:07

For Terran XRM gates you can extract TGates.txt and modify the last 4 lines to change the scene file from the Terran gate to the argon gate scene file. (You have to exit the sector after making the modification if you are already in a Terran sector to see the change.)

I think that it is also worth mentioning that if you are playing XRM and you don't modify your TGates.txt then this mod will cause Terran gates to increase in size and the larger geometry becomes fatal to your ships autopilot or at least it did in my game which is kinda against the whole point of the mod. ;)

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 00:12

A good point, and nice help :)

I remember I opened X3 Editor once a couple years ago, thinking I could figure out how to make the Xenon fighter cockpit show up as turret cockpits for other ships. As I had no idea what I was doing, I was unsuccessful. I'll give it a go again for this though.

EDIT: I don't know where to look to find Tgates.txt Digging around like I am inside every .cat file as well as rummaging through \t is probably not wise...
Last edited by builder680 on Fri, 21. Feb 14, 01:39, edited 2 times in total.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 00:34

In case it gives you too much grief, here is my TGates.txt, it might help:

https://github.com/Zanzal/APReloaded/bl ... TGates.txt

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 01:11

I found it... I think. Is it the TGates.pck in 07.cat from the TC directory (not the addon directory)? ANSWER: NO (not for AP at least)

If so, looking at it inside X3 Editor 2 looks different from your link, but I think I can swing it :D

EDIT: I changed the last 4 lines like you have in your link, then jumped to a different (Terran) sector. I didn't see any change. :(

EDIT 2: Choosing 'open from VFS' and I saw the right TGates.pck I guess there was one inside 01.cat from the addon folder that I couldn't see earlier... Anyway, woot!! Thank you sir.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 24. Aug 14, 15:13

would this work in Litcubes Universe ?

Does the change affect gates by name, or just the models used by each gate?
if the models it would probably work

JDCollie
x3tc

Post by JDCollie » Sat, 16. Jan 16, 10:34

Just a little clarification for those who may still want to use this mod but have problems with the Terran gates not being affected/being bigger and causing trouble:

The file you need to edit in X3 Editor 2 is TGates.pck

To find it, open the 01.cat file in your addon folder. Navigate to addon/types/TGates.pck

Once you have found TGates, open it with the Text Editor option, and scroll all the way down the list of names. The bottom four are named:

SS_WG_TJ_NORTH
SS_WG_TJ_SOUTH
SS_WG_TJ_EAST
SS_WG_TJ_WEST

Select the "NORTH" name and look for the "Model Scene", which should look something like "patch20/terran_gate_scene". This needs to be edited to read "others\argon_gate_scene".

Repeat for each of the other three names.

TaDaa! All of your gates should be correctly affected by the mod :D Hope that helps clarify the process.
Someone please make a transaction history mod. Please. (I'm begging you.)

mohreb
xr

Re: [MOD] Ringless Gate Mod {Vanilla Safe}

Post by mohreb » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:25

Hi all.
None of the downloads worked on this thread.
Does anyone has a working link to this mod?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:41

Available in the wayback machine internet archive here and on xdownloads:[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

mohreb
xr

Post by mohreb » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 22:42

Thank you that worked!

ramz.dany
x3ap

Post by ramz.dany » Sun, 26. Jan 20, 12:22

Sorry for the necro, but i need help with the terran orbital accelerator. It become invisible and hard to spot. How to fix this? How can i edit this script to only affect jump gate or giving swirl effect on orbital accelarator.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”