[MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Moonrat
x4

Re: [MOD] IEX - AP/TC Sector Visual Enhancement - IEX 1.5b (27/07/2014)

Post by Moonrat » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 20:23

Have you done this in both the original '...\X3TC' and '...\X3TC\addon' folders as per the OP?
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Daemonjax
x4

Post by Daemonjax » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 06:02

Anyone know how to go about hiding the background stars from a particular sector?

For example, Omicron Lyrae -- which is sector 13,6 in x3-universe.xml. Sectors like that shouldn't have the stars so visible because it's so foggy.

EDIT: And of course I figure it out like a minute later.

So... in case anyone else is wondering:

1) Start by determining the actual sector coordinates, and look in the x3-universe.xml file to get the tbackground that sector is using. For example, the first two lines for omicron lyrae (which I knew to be 13,6 by looking at some decent maps online):
<o f="4" t="1" x="13" y="6" r="1" size="14000000" m="0" p="-1" qtrade="100" qfight="100" qbuild="100" qthink="100">
<o t="2" s="9" neb="0" stars="0"/>

The only thing we care about is the x="13" y="6" part (to verify that we're looking at the sector we want), and on the 2nd line the s="9" part -- that's the tbackgrounds reference. The trick is that it starts at 0, so this is actually the 10th entry in Tbackgrounds.

2) Open Tbackgrounds and look at 10th entry. The only thing we care about is the image name: fogblue

3) Go into \objects\environments\nebulae\fogblue\ and open nebula_fogblue_stars_01.bob in a hex editor or decent text editor like notepad++, and find the texture file. In this case it ended in .tga, but I suppose it could have been a .dds file maybe in there. The game engine will use a dds file in place of a tga even when the model file says tga, so when looking for the actual texture keep that in mind because it might be a dds regardless.

4) Either edit the bob file and slightly change the name of the texture (as long as its the same number of characters, editing it using a text or hex editor should be fine) so that this bob file points to a new texture or directly edit that texture -- might want to grep all bod / bob files to see if that texture is used elsewhere before deciding. When grepping you need to include all binary files in the search.

Greg_G
xr

Re:

Post by Greg_G » Wed, 5. Jun 19, 23:15

Was Litcube's fog ever rolled into IEX? I noted the last mention of it in a rather old post (quoted below) so I'm thinking not, but perhaps it was included in one of the subsequent LUi updates instead.
Moonrat wrote:
Sun, 20. Sep 15, 09:54
IEX 1.6a gradually coming together (probable list includes)...
    'Litcube' fog
Thanks either way!'

Edit:
I decided to try both with and without IEX 1.5b + LUi 1.7.0 and, with, it does seem to lack the Litcube fog.

I'm torn. I have to admit the Litcube fog looks amazing in comparison, but at the same time I've only played vanilla fog in my previous playthroughs so IEX is tempting me.

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 10:41

I'm afraid that I never got the Litcube fog incorporation into IEX finished and now real life has taken over well and truly. If someone wants to do this either (as a patch?) or then please be my guest :)
Just please make sure that myself, Connary & Litcube all get the right amount of mention and please place links from whatever you post back to our OPs.
[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Tue, 18. Jun 19, 07:07

Moonrat wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 10:41
I'm afraid that I never got the Litcube fog incorporation into IEX finished and now real life has taken over well and truly. If someone wants to do this either (as a patch?) or then please be my guest :)
Just please make sure that myself, Connary & Litcube all get the right amount of mention and please place links from whatever you post back to our OPs.
For what it's worth, I ended up opting for IEX and certainly haven't regretted it at all. As with my original TC and AP playthroughs I just stopped noticing the fog within a few hours, but I enjoy the IEX scenery all the time. Thanks so much!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”