[SCR] Custom Start v1.4.0 (21-04-14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 23:17

Awesome! Thanks, I'll try it now!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 23:19

I just took a look at the new site.

Such a waste of space !
But the download works fine.
So it remains in my sig.

The link with 1tp might get removed if certain problems there are not resolved though.
Shame really as it was a very good site.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 5. Jun 13, 23:34

It works!

Thanks.

BTW I am on an an Apple app store version of the game, have you seen it tested on that? do you want me to report any issues? :D

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 00:10

I've not had any mac specific feedback before and haven't used X on a mac myself either. It sounds like the game is loading and running at least this relatively simple script though.

If there were a problem in one of the more complex scripts like Smart I wouldn't be able to repro it locally, though I could potentially debug via logfile tracing.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 00:30

Glad you got sorted H.
I thought I had tried it on TC,but so much has happened of late ,I was not sure..

@Shimrod.

This script with Cycrow's CP makes a great combination that has breathed new life into my X gaming.
Thanks.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 00:43

No problem, it's certainly increased replayability for me too. I've been a Teladi company owner, ATF fleet commander, goner elder flying the trulight seeker, Xenon CPU ship (it is possible to be friendly with them and dock at Xenon SY by setting start notoriety, though a few ships are always red). Currently I'm exploring the AP universe in a disco while building up a fleet of OK Traders making me exponentially richer.

I tend to find more longevity in the game if I don't go to town too much with the free stuff though, like spawning an empty station rather than filled, with a crappy TS trader, and perhaps my company manager's executive ship is just an enhanced kestrel. Go-faster stripes but not overpowering :)

What I'd really love is to properly feel a part of a race I want to start as. Not quite sure how that might work, but something like race to race notoriety being applied in addition to race to player notoriety. Then any notoriety changes between races or caused/won by the player, would also benefit the race as a whole. Feels like an AL plugin's needed that polls for notoriety changes reflects changes.

For me though having the CP installed would be a bit too tempting generally, in the same way I like to play with script editor disabled. Puts a barrier to temptation I can consciously stick with.

Saying that though on occasion I do play with editor enabled, such as working my way up thru the terran military. With some experience I might get promoted as commander of a corvette patrol, being assigned a bunch of wingmen etc. Facilitated through my spawning and equipping library, which I might add is substantially included as part of the Custom Start download. I just use some frontend cheat prefixed scripts to make it easy to spawn player owned ships at the player location, which call into the backend library.

In practice spawning ships within a framework like that is the only time I ever use multiple ships in combat. I've never made enough money or been able to equip ships so readily where it becomes viable to send out AI controlled ships into battle. Like M7's doing attack runs as if they are fighters, swinging away from the target so they can't use their main guns. But when you can spawn the ships you can setup and play out all sorts of interesting scenarios without worrying about that, with named capships and all that, assigning them 'attack same' followers, having wings of bombers coordinating their fire using Smart etc.

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 00:47

Shimrod@
1 question mate, if i use this will i be able to still play plotlines?
Im using TC-AP also.Hope you will answer :).

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 01:08

I have just started doing the same.
Plots are running ok

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 02:07

TTD@
As always tnx for help mate :D.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 03:57

Yes it doesn't affect plots as it's not a game start as such, just a script that opens a menu when you start a game.

tony2007fl
x3tc

custom start case number1

Post by tony2007fl » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 21:29

that is just what happened to me the scripts are there but no custom start :cry:

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 22:04

I've uploaded a new version 1.3.1 which writes a logfile to support debugging these no-show issues, as well as a couple of unlikely exploratory changes.

- Write a log file to support debugging reported menu no-shows: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\log09051.txt.
- Replaced the original !init.glen.modified.xml with a new !init.glen.start.xml that X-Studio won't fail to load, and is therefore more likely to properly make the game modified so the script will load.
- Increased sanity check limit on polling for playership creation from 10 to 20 seconds. Still poll at 1 second intervals.

Log produced when starting a new game. Expectation: show

Code: Select all

Custom start setup script running
The global variable was not set. First time run. Proceeding.
The playership does not exist yet. Is game-start. Proceeding.
Starting polling loop on Navigational Beacon
Polling for playership creation. Remaining attempts = 20
Playership exists. Invoking menu.
Opening the menu.
Log produced from loading a game that was started with custom start. Expectation: no-show.

The global variable was already set. Not first time script execution. Exiting.
Log produced from loading a game from before custom start was installed. Expectation: no-show.

The global variable was not set. First time run. Proceeding.
The playership exists already. Looks like a game-load rather than game-start. Exiting.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 23:22

So can I just install over the top of the previous version?

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 23:33

Yes just replace the files. You can delete the original "!init.glen.modified.xml" though it's harmless. Do note the release contains nothing particularly exciting other than the logging, as a way to debug present and future no-show reports.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 11:21

I've uploaded a new version with a fix for the menu not appearing based on log data Joel provided. The script no longer takes playership existence to suggest a game-load rather than game-save. Instead it simply tests 'last load time', which comes out as zero at game start.

Let me know if this doesn't fix it for anyone having problems.

- Fix a bug causing the menu not to appear at game start.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 17:40

no menu pop up at start of any game for me, followed instructions and checked if every file is placed in the right folder, but still nothing...

any help would be great, if the authur is still here?

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 17:48

The script generates a log file here that will show what's going on:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\log09051.txt.
The 1.3.2 fix seems to have worked for 1 person that was having a problem. Do you have 1.3.2?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 19:35

Still works for me.
Never had any problems.

Just install in correct place and start "new" game...not a previously saved game.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 20:28

Shimrod wrote: The 1.3.2 fix seems to have worked for 1 person that was having a problem. Do you have 1.3.2?
my bad... i have 1.3.0, ill try out 1.3.2 and see if it works

EDIT: its working after i change to 1.3.2 thanks a lot

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 00:38

Hey guys I'm having a little problem with this script. I started up on terran commander, and I set my race relation with argon, terran and ATF to 99%.... But when I purchase a number amount of stuff from a race like a ship and engine tuning the race turns hostile and my rep would be on -5

The mods/ scripts I'm using are;
- Phanon corp
- Sector Take over
- Lost colony expansion
- Rank numbers for races
- mars

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”