[Mod] TC/AP Colour Coded Freight Menu (Vanilla safe)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 22. Mar 12, 16:57

DrBullwinkle wrote:
cattafett wrote: i do my internet on a phone
The .7z file that you post is smaller than the text on this page. In other words, you can upload the file if you can read the forum. :)

But, whenever... no rush.
but the wire to connect my phone to my computer fell down the back of a set of draws

any way new version is up on first post
enjoy and let us know what you think
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 02:21

As much as I like what you have done, cattafett, I also now remember why I have not been using this. :)

1) The Script Editor saves the colors in a script file, along with the ware reference.

2) Exscriptor converts the escaped characters to their hex equivalents when loading the file, which causes Exscriptor to not load the file.

The result is that the colors cannot be used with both the Script Editor and Exscriptor. It appears that one editor or the other is OK, but not both.

I reported this as a minor bug on the Exscriptor thread, but Whimsy seems busy with real life, so I don't know when (or if) it will be addressed.

So I like what this does, but I think that it may not be ideal for developers. :(

Gazz
x4

Re: [Mod] TC/AP Colour Coded Freight Menu (Vanilla safe)

Post by Gazz » Fri, 23. Mar 12, 11:21

cattafett wrote:the ones that go back to green have two ID lines in the t file one as a in the ship ware and one as a in use floating in space ware/ship?
Drones, mines, satellites, and lasertowers are ships when dumped into space, not ware containers.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 18:49

DrBullwinkle wrote:As much as I like what you have done, cattafett, I also now remember why I have not been using this. :)

1) The Script Editor saves the colors in a script file, along with the ware reference.

2) Exscriptor converts the escaped characters to their hex equivalents when loading the file, which causes Exscriptor to not load the file.

The result is that the colors cannot be used with both the Script Editor and Exscriptor. It appears that one editor or the other is OK, but not both.

:(
sorry for the late reply as it took me awhlie to work out what you mean
guess you mean something like this
taken from a CAG report

with out Coloured Tfile

Code: Select all

Ware list type: Trade list
Ware list: Argnu Beef, Energy Cells, Fighter Drone, Massom Powder, Meatsteak Cahoonas, Mosquito Missile, Ore, Plankton, Scruffin Fruits, Silicon Wafers
with Coloured Tfile

Code: Select all

Ware list type: Trade list
Ware list: AFighter DroneX, CEnergy Cells X, OMosquito MissileX, VOreX, VSilicon WafersX, WMassom PowderX, WMeatsteak CahoonasX, YArgnu BeefX, YPlanktonX, YScruffin FruitsX
all i can say is that my tfile can be added or removed with no problems to the game. but scripts wrote with the tfile added will still have the extra characters when its removed but if you insert or delete an empty line and resave it, it should be ok but thats exchanging one hassle for another
Gazz wrote:
cattafett wrote:the ones that go back to green have two ID lines in the t file one as a in the ship ware and one as a in use floating in space ware/ship?
Drones, mines, satellites, and lasertowers are ships when dumped into space, not ware containers.
while in me head i know the mine/satellite i just droped is a ship (to the game) in my heart and and joystick they are mines and satellites :wink:
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 18:52

you can manually open up the script file and delete everything in between the <sourcetext></sourcetext> blocks, Exscripter and the game will still read it ( its only there so the double clicking it will show the script if you have the xls in the same directory )
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 19:28

Jack08 wrote:you can manually open up the script file and delete everything in between the <sourcetext></sourcetext> blocks, Exscripter and the game will still read it
Cool. Thanks.

Yeah, as I see it, it is really a (minor) problem with Exscriptor (which is why I first reported it on that thread). I only mentioned the effect here for the curious.

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Sat, 1. Jun 13, 20:49

Hi, (X3AP 3.0 german)
i extracted the File in my X3TC\addon\t\ folder - made a copy, changed the language ID to 49 and saved it as "0004-L049.xml" but it doesn't work ingame.

any ideas?
X2return

regnastor
x3ap

Post by regnastor » Wed, 4. Nov 20, 03:41

The original download location does no longer work. Does someone still have this or is there a replacement? Thank you :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 4. Nov 20, 18:28

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”