[SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 07:29

I'm not able to load this into my plugin manager. I'm able to save the file only as a MAN file. I'm aware this is old but I didn't know if I was supposed to make a whole new thread for it. I'm playing on T/C also. Thanks.

maiki211298
x3ap

Post by maiki211298 » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 02:07

i have the same question, i cant instal it with the plugin manager

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 04:37

I ended up installing the "Wars" script and love it. So I'd try that if you like.

meppo
x4

Post by meppo » Fri, 21. Oct 16, 23:33

plugin manager won't detect the file. i can't download it

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 10:34

As mentioned in the first post, the .spk download is no longer working. Download the .rar archive as described and extract it to your game folder. (If you don't have a program installed being able to extract .rar archives, get 7zip here.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Generic_Username

Post by Generic_Username » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 09:37

X2-Illuminatus wrote:As mentioned in the first post, the .spk download is no longer working. Download the .rar archive as described and extract it to your game folder. (If you don't have a program installed being able to extract .rar archives, get 7zip here.)
Quoting seems to be the only way I can reply to this topic, so sorry for that. Every time I hit the "REPLY" button, it sends me back to the Forum Index.

Anyway, I like the mod, but I'm getting a lot of "zzPLACEHOLDER" TL transports. It seems to only be the military TLs. For instance, "Split Military zzPLACEHOLDER Hauler"

These TLs themselves are invisible and I can't see them at all.

I don't even know if this forum is still active, but I'll appreciate any help.

Mods I'm running:

XRM
OK Trade

I started with a fresh install, with XRM. Everything worked. No zzPLACEHOLDERS and no "Military Supply" TLs. Then when I installed IR 2.0, I got the zzPLACEHOLDERS. Everything else in the mod seems to work. There is an increased military presence, and every ship is working. They don't even show up as a Mammoth, they're invisible and I can fly within 1m of them.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Dec 16, 21:45

@ Generic_Username: There is nothing in the OP that actually states that it is compatible with the OK Traders mod (which uses a form of ship renaming that is off by default). You would have to cross-check the game resources used by each mod to look for clashes.

This is your posting issue and solution.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

igkillerhamster
x4

Post by igkillerhamster » Sat, 21. Jan 17, 00:06

Erro, pardon me for not skimming through 58 pages of posts and thus unaware of it maybe already existing.

Since I have recently went ahead and reinstalled X3TC again and immediately
falling in love with the modding community again and finding out about this
mod through a chain of other plugins (some mod I forgot had WARS
recommended, in which someone recommended another mod in which
another one mentioned this mod).

Haven't played much yet but super excited to see how the universe changes
with this one.

The reason why I am posting actually is, that I went ahead and translated
the XML file (Which I presume is where the whole localization is drawn from?
I dunno, I usually only install mods, never make some myself.) into german.
It somehow annoyed the heck out of me to have a german-english mix
cluttered in my message log. :D

For anyone interested, the translation can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/#4o1h11goje33g

It's already in its proper folder structure (zip:\t\7777-L049.xml) so unpack,
drag on drop and enjoy a fully(?) translated mod.

Since I haven't played much with the mod yet, feel free to note mistakes
I might have made, its just been an afternoon project after all :P

Raio_Verusia
x4

I have the SPK!

Post by Raio_Verusia » Tue, 7. Feb 17, 02:16

I was reading through today and noticed the SPK was lost? I still have that guy on a harddrive, dated the same as this thread! I really don't know if it's allowed, but if anything for Jack's sake here's the SPK file.

https://mega.nz/#!XIMRTAYL!QN8AY8L97qEf ... CG5YWwPi9Q

Happy hunting! :D

Jack08
x3tc

Re: I have the SPK!

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 21:02

Raio_Verusia wrote:I was reading through today and noticed the SPK was lost? I still have that guy on a harddrive, dated the same as this thread! I really don't know if it's allowed, but if anything for Jack's sake here's the SPK file.

Thanks! I've restored the download link.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 13:27

igkillerhamster wrote:Erro, pardon me for not skimming through 58 pages of posts and thus unaware of it maybe already existing.

Since I have recently went ahead and reinstalled X3TC again and immediately
falling in love with the modding community again and finding out about this
mod through a chain of other plugins (some mod I forgot had WARS
recommended, in which someone recommended another mod in which
another one mentioned this mod).

Haven't played much yet but super excited to see how the universe changes
with this one.

The reason why I am posting actually is, that I went ahead and translated
the XML file (Which I presume is where the whole localization is drawn from?
I dunno, I usually only install mods, never make some myself.) into german.
It somehow annoyed the heck out of me to have a german-english mix
cluttered in my message log. :D

For anyone interested, the translation can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/#4o1h11goje33g

It's already in its proper folder structure (zip:\t\7777-L049.xml) so unpack,
drag on drop and enjoy a fully(?) translated mod.

Since I haven't played much with the mod yet, feel free to note mistakes
I might have made, its just been an afternoon project after all :P
has somebody downloaded this translation? I'm interested in, but the link above is dead :(

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Re: I have the SPK!

Post by Chemical-mix » Wed, 10. May 17, 01:46

Raio_Verusia wrote:I was reading through today and noticed the SPK was lost? I still have that guy on a harddrive, dated the same as this thread! I really don't know if it's allowed, but if anything for Jack's sake here's the SPK file.

Thank you so much for reposting the .spk file. :)
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Clappie
x3tc

Post by Clappie » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 16:23

I would definitely love to see this mod, or something like it, work for Litcubes. I exclusively play Litcubes these days, but I just hate that none of the factions are fighting/warring each other. Would definitely love to see such a feature there.

rhine770
x3tc

Post by rhine770 » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 07:36

Has any other XRM user noticed the small build up of inactive response fighters in sectors? They're always small ships (usually M3s) and they just sit around in a their race's space doing nothing and only react if you attack them. The rest of the response is long gone at that point. This does not happen to M6 and larger vessels.

I used universe cleaner to see if it would get rid of them and it seems it does remove the Argon build but not for everyone else. What are the risks this build up could pose? This looks like something that doesn't do much damage now, but later, once there's many of them littered around the universe.

In this case I have many other mods. The largest ones I have on this game is Improved Khaak, Yaki/Pirate Guild/MARS/LoCo, updated bonus pack files, Phanon modded for XRM. This folder and save file doesn't have any other mods that I could see interfering.

CloneSargaent
x4

Post by CloneSargaent » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 15:19

Well it can cause lag IS(in sector) and can cause lag by increasing the number ships being tracked by the game on top of tracking civilian, trader, and normal military ships. I have noticed if you turn off invasions(I think may happen regardless) response fighters also build up in bordering Pirate and Xenon sectors. There needs to be a better clean up script or maybe script that automatically kills any m3(with "response" in it's name) that has 0 throttle after 20 or 15 minutes.

Iceciro
x3tc

Post by Iceciro » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 22:55

I can absolutely report the same occasional stalled fighter.

I'm not sure where it comes from, but we're running very similar scripts.

Azulius
x4

Post by Azulius » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 02:17

ir2 have improved khaak 1.1 integrated ? if not, any idea where i can get it ? all links i found are dead. and i would really like to play like 1 of them

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 09:47

It would help a lot, if you would tell us what game you're playing, because I just replied to your other post in the X3R forum, where you can find a working download link. However, that's of course the X3R variant, which isn't compatible with X3TC/AP. Likewise, a script created for X3TC/AP won't work in X3R.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Azulius
x4

Post by Azulius » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 13:16

oo sorry i absolutelly forgot there is also x3r. i play x3ap. i found working link for improved khaak 2 but there is no option to play as khaak, and if i understand it well 1.1 was giving this option. but for some reason any link for it is not working for me

Nayder

Post by Nayder » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 16:18

Hi,

Is it possible to make this mod compatible with litcube?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”