[MOD][AP] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v1.4 - Sa-15-Jun-2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 28. Apr 13, 17:37

Status Update
Official release of V1.3b5 for Albion Prelude V2.5 (and later).

Changes include:-
  1. Added Exp. PDL for sale at JCRA HQ
  2. Added Energy Cells for sale at JCRA HQ
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Ocede

Post by Ocede » Sun, 28. Apr 13, 19:27

Yay and TY. Now I am compelled to play the other-side.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 08:43

Despite my initial theory that the PDL would not be used by the AI, I got a bit of a shock during a test play through when a Xenon J was using Experimental/Advanced PDLs against my Boron Thresher which was armed with Experimental/Advanced PDLs and over-tuned to 307m/s.

My current impression is that even the Experimental PDL does not feel over-powered but it does seem to make a Boron Thresher a more deployable asset.

I do not know if this is a feature of the Experimental PDL or the Boron Thresher but despite having an 8km range on the lasers I found M3 targets were only taking damage at ~3.5km from the main cockpit view. My suspicion is that it is related to the gun placements on the Thresher and how automatic targeting works.

How are you guys finding them? Are they the bane of your existence? Are they a useless weapon? Do they need adjusting in some way?

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 10:22

Status Update
Official release of V1.3 for Albion Prelude V3.0.

Capital Ship Beam laser upgrade pack has been updated to give the Xenon capital craft the ability to use Kha'ak Kyon guns in big gun mounts.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 02:35

Any news on the MARS compatibility patch?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 18:32

As I would have to hand craft it at the moment, not soon.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 8. Jun 13, 18:56

Status Update
I am currently planning to release a V1.4 for Albion Prelude V3.0.

This forthcoming release will address one or two issues with items/blueprints sold at the HQs. In addition I have identified that we have space for 6 more weapons. However, the forthcoming release will require a restart as I believe that the weapons need to be re-ordered again to perhaps sort out some of the weapon spawning issues.

I will also look at producing a MARS file for the forthcoming release but this may require further revision.

The new weapons can be missiles or guns and I am looked for suggestions for either 2 NEW weapon/missile types to be included in the update OR 3 vanilla weapon/missile types to be Enhanced.

All reasonable suggestions will be considered.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 11:47

Status Update
Proposed release of V1.4 for Albion Prelude V3.0.

Changes currently include:-
  1. Updated PDL bullets to be scaled according to power (PDL standard beams are the same diameter as AKE/CPBC/EPBC/PPBC)
  2. Updated Prototype FBC bullet to be same size as Experimental PDL bullets
  3. Updated Bullets for Std/Enh/Adv FBC/PALC/TBC/PBC - basically scaled down the size of the Enh/Std bullets as Adv bullets are already about the maximum recommended size.
  4. Added larger beam bullet models for Enh/Adv CPBC/EPBC/PPBC
Other changes in the works include:-
  1. Investigating other Enh/Adv weapon options

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 20:12

I have been considering the space shot-gun idea proposed previously, but personally I can not see a wide need for it. I have however been considering Enh/Adv variants of CIG/ISR/IPG... what do you guys think???

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 23:35

Roger..
what I would like to see is a Defensive weapon that is design to shoot down missle/attacking ships(all) inbound to your factory. Laser towers and
OWP design to protect your factories don't fire at missle(s) that are inbound launched from capitals ships outside their protective spheres.
The Firestorm,tomahawks, wraith, shadow missles aren't targeted when fired from a distance and then your factory complex/dock/HQ goes blewie.

I've lost many a factory that way.

too bad that your factories,dock and HQ don't come equipted with them.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 01:49

Retiredman wrote:Roger..
what I would like to see is a Defensive weapon that is design to shoot down missle/attacking ships(all) inbound to your factory. Laser towers and
OWP design to protect your factories don't fire at missle(s) that are inbound launched from capitals ships outside their protective spheres.
The Firestorm,tomahawks, wraith, shadow missles aren't targeted when fired from a distance and then your factory complex/dock/HQ goes blewie.

I've lost many a factory that way.

too bad that your factories,dock and HQ don't come equipted with them.
Nice idea but unfortunately, nothing can really be done as far as weapons/missiles are concerned in specific regard to defending stations. To do what you are asking is really a scripting job and something that is really a bit out of the scope of this mod.

What this mod does provide however is the PDL series of lasers for commonwealth vessels and the Prototype Fusion Beam Cannon (SSC mount) which are quite effective against missiles/fighters.

We can perhaps look at scripting something along the lines you are requesting later but that would probably be an independent script/mod.

V1.4 is nearly ready but unfortunately the MARS file is going to have to wait a while longer.

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 21:22

About the space shotgun,

why not use the Paranid shockwave gun as a base and tweak it for a tighter cone?

Frankly I have no experience at all if that is actually possible or if the shockwave cannon behaviour is hardcoded somehow, but IF you can tweak those settings, you basically have the perfect template for a shotgun-type gun mechanic.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 05:52

Feloidea wrote:About the space shotgun,

why not use the Paranid shockwave gun as a base and tweak it for a tighter cone?

Frankly I have no experience at all if that is actually possible or if the shockwave cannon behaviour is hardcoded somehow, but IF you can tweak those settings, you basically have the perfect template for a shotgun-type gun mechanic.
The problem with a so-called Space Shotgun is who are your target pilots and what is the intended utility? This information would be needed to help balance it appropriately. PSG based weapons are tricky ones to balance due to the difficulty in assessing what damage is likely to be inflicted.

I can possibly scrounge enough enumerations from the gaps in my existing nominated translated string ranges for this but it will not make it in to 1.4, perhaps 1.5 but we will need to flesh out the details.

For 1.4 I have added Enh/Adv CIGs, IPGs, and ISRs. They will fire faster bullets at a faster rate with increased range and refire rate. The Adv variants may be mountable on XL cargo class M6s but these bad boys are really intended for larger ships (5-6km range and quadruple the damage per second but about 7.5 times the energy per second). During testing, A full load-out of 12 Adv ISRs on a Acinonyx will strip a good chunk out the shields of larger craft but will leave it gasping for laser energy.

In addition, I have sorted out the blueprint salesmen at JCRA and added a new one (Project Beta). From the Project Alpha salesman you will have access to the blueprints for:-
  • Agamemnon
  • Hyperion Vanguard
  • Medusa Prototype
  • Heavy Centaur Prototype
  • Susanowa Prototype
  • Advanced Chokaro
And from the Project Beta salesman you will have access to blueprints for:-
  • Pride of Albion
  • AP Gunner
  • Ozias
  • Acinonyx Prototype
  • Truelight Seeker
  • X Shuttle

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 06:28

Status Update
Formal release of V1.4 for Albion Prelude V3.0.

Changes include:-
  1. Updated PDL bullets to be scaled according to power (PDL standard beams are the same diameter as AKE/CPBC/EPBC/PPBC)
  2. Updated Prototype FBC bullet to be same size as Experimental PDL bullets
  3. Updated Bullets for Std/Enh/Adv FBC/PALC/TBC/PBC - basically scaled down the size of the Enh/Std bullets as Adv bullets are already about the maximum recommended size.
  4. Added larger beam bullet models for Enh/Adv CPBC/EPBC/PPBC
  5. Fixed/Revised Project Alpha blueprint salesman at JCRA HQ
  6. Added Project Beta blueprint salesman at JCRA HQ
  7. Added Enh CIG/IPG/ISR (25% faster bullets, 25% greater range, double the refire rate, 37.5% more energy required per shot, L cargo requirement)
  8. Added Adv CIG/IPG/ISR (56.25% faster bullets, 56.25% greater range, quadruple the refire rate, 89% more energy required per shot, XL cargo requirement)
  9. Revised weapons for sale at both JCRA and Spirit Industries HQ
  10. Added Kha'ak Enh/Adv weapons for sale at Xenon Equipment Dock
  11. Added Commonwealth Veteran start to optional Start Packs (overtuned Pteranadon with Adv. PALCs and 16 Adv/Enh PDL equipped Aamon Prototypes

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 13. Jul 13, 14:58

Ok, things have been a little silent for a while so I thought I had better give an update.

Barring the potential implementation of the Space Shotgun, I do not think any more weapons are likely to be added. On the topic of which, how many of you are interested in the space shotgun concept and how would you like it to be balanced?

As soon as the matter of the space shotgun is settled AND the weapon balance has been ratified I will look into a MARS configuration. Until then MARS fans will just need to be patient.

Next project on the horizon is better AI equipment spawning for Jobs/OBS in AP along similar lines to EES (but hopefully with less overhead) along with the potential for AI usage of PMTS/CPLS.

Pierre'70
x4

Post by Pierre'70 » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 11:48

I hope I'm not necroing here, but I wonder if there's any news on AWRM? I like the idea of including an alternative to EES - would it be compatible with Cadius' Ship Pack?

Regarding the space shotgun - it sounds interesting but I'd be worried about freindly fire and possible performance issues.

Jingai

Post by Jingai » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 03:47

About the JCRA HQ, how do I start the Alpha and Beta projects? When I contact the salesmen at the JCRA HQ, there are only three available options; Where is shipyard, equipment dock and surrender. And what about JCRA's inventory, does it ever restock?

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 17. Feb 14, 04:51

The author of this mod is a fairly regular poster over on the Rebirth forums. I'd PM him as I'm not sure I've seen him post in the X3 section lately.

Spider0804

Post by Spider0804 » Sun, 16. Mar 14, 04:29

Where do I buy the weapons? The spoiler is broke.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 3. Jul 14, 13:58

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have not been checking this thread for a while, been busy with other stuff.

To answer some of the questions raised while I have been away from this thread:-
  1. Alpha/Beta projects should be available after construction of either the Commonwealth or the Terran (Vanilla) PHQs.
  2. Weapons are only formally available from specific stations - Normally this will be either Spirit Industries HQ in The Moon OR JCRA HQ in Grand Exchange.
  3. WRT Further development - if there are pressing issues then I will address them as patches but additional work is currently on hold and is likely to remain so for the foreseeable future (may change depending on available time but unlikely to).
I will try to keep tabs on this thread but please PM me if anything urgent crops up.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”