[SCRIPT] Phanon Corporation for X3AP+XRM 1.20

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 04:31

X2return wrote:Perhaps I should have read the Description for this Mod better. I thought this is an additional "trader-race" just well protecting it's environment etc.

For me it looks more like a stubborn bigheaded warrior. I installed the mod, got a threadening message that i have to stay out of their sector.
I was wondering because during reading that "information" I got several audio- and messagewarnings about destroyed ships and equipment.

So i jumped to the called sector and there were multiple surprises.
My entire equipment (Satellites & maybe a jump beacon) and ships (Lucikes Travel business) in that sector were totally wiped out from the new "sanctimonious dealer".
First things the script invests its 404 million Credits: (I should have taken a screenshot of this arrogant declaration of war.)
- 1x military outpost
- 1x M1 full of fighters
- 1x TL full of fighters
- many M8 + M6
- and 2 or 3 TS ...

For me this looks more like a Kha'ak invader as a competing trading company. What a pity - seems they were bankrupt, now ..., without that fleet ... I really am sorry but i had to encounter a thread like this.

My killed Travel-pilot had about 250 hours of Flight, proud of endless fans in his sector and has been a really kind person! His ship wasn't equiped with lasers at all :(

If the Phanon Corp really means that an offensive war is the best thing made of it's 404 million Credits to meet me first time than one of my smaller CODEA-Carriers will take care of that sector. I really was in hope to have found a new "Race" keeping the economic part of my universe alive because there are missing Powerplants here :evil:

Greetings from germany
X2return
I can't quite recall how Phanon works but it certainly doesn't get a force like this when I start it, I suspect it may have something to do with your pilot ranking?

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 08:04

Is the Phanon Corp intended to be an enemy after first activation? All their stations and ships were red named and I they didn't want me to dock and trade with. Ofcourse I tried that before wiping them out. I forgot to tell that there also was created a Powerplant in "Olmancketslat's Treaty" and 2 or 3 Dealers.

I didn't take a look yet but if the Mod asks my Ranks. They are:
Economic rank: 28 of 30 (Tycoon)
Fight rank: 17 of 30 (Colonel)

I'm not a fighter as long as my equipment is not bothered. That little Fight rank still comes from the plots and my actual interest in relationships to the Terran & ATF. From rank -4 (Terrorist) I saw no other way as hunting a few ships from the other races in the 3 terran war-sectors.

so long
X2return

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:14

X2return wrote:Is the Phanon Corp intended to be an enemy after first activation? All their stations and ships were red named and I they didn't want me to dock and trade with. Ofcourse I tried that before wiping them out. I forgot to tell that there also was created a Powerplant in "Olmancketslat's Treaty" and 2 or 3 Dealers.

I didn't take a look yet but if the Mod asks my Ranks. They are:
Economic rank: 28 of 30 (Tycoon)

I'm not a fighter as long as my equipment is not bothered. That little Fight rank still comes from the plots and my actual interest in relationships to the Terran & ATF. From rank -4 (Terrorist) I saw no other way as hunting a few ships from the other races in the 3 terran war-sectors.

so long
X2return
Phanon is pretty much designed to be a opponent capable of fighting on equal terms, even further into the game, it not only deals with trading but fighting too. I imagine the reason they start so amazingly powerful is because of your awesome ranks :D
If you run a pretty peaceful game it's probably not a good idea to add it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:44

Yes, Phanon are enemies from the outset. It's intended to be started with you as you progress through the game. At 28 economic rank, it's assumed you've had ample time to beef your forces, therefore Phanon starts with extra capital depending on what your economic rank is. They would not have started with this if you'd started the game with it. It was my way of allowing players to jump in without restarting.

X2return
x4

Post by X2return » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:57

Teleth wrote:
X2return wrote:Economic rank: 28 of 30 (Tycoon)
Phanon is pretty much designed to be a opponent capable of fighting on equal terms, even further into the game, it not only deals with trading but fighting too. I imagine the reason they start so amazingly powerful is because of your awesome ranks :D
If you run a pretty peaceful game it's probably not a good idea to add it.
... my awesome ranks? :?:
I really am trying to avoid fighting whenever it's possible. Everytime Betty tells me a promotion in fighting I'm getting almost some kind of panic :oops:

I mean Rank 17 is a very low fight rank. Most of that serious pirat patrols (with 3 ships) attacking my complexes i kill with cheatpackage to avoid points to the fight rank :o

I will go on watching how Phanon Corp is growing ... actually they have about 10mio Credits and next order is a TL.

Greetings
X2return

I haven't seen Litcubes comment until here so here is my Edit:
Litcube wrote:Yes, Phanon are enemies from the outset. It's intended to be started with you as you progress through the game. At 28 economic rank, it's assumed you've had ample time to beef your forces, therefore Phanon starts with extra capital depending on what your economic rank is. They would not have started with this if you'd started the game with it. It was my way of allowing players to jump in without restarting.
Thank your for that answer. So that's why. With that explanation it makes sense to me. Now it even sounds well balanced.
But I would really prefer not to fight them, I'd rather support them with my own dealers - as told I'm no fighter.
May there be a way to create an option the user can change? e.g. like pirate guild.

Thank you
X2return

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 9. Nov 13, 19:21

I installed this with cycrow plugin (install archive). Not working.

I'll try it manually.

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 10:04

Since the original Phanon-Corp Thread is down:

How can I check whether or not Phanon Corp is actually running? I started a new game, switched on the AL option (albeit while being docked, maybe that's the problem), but I never got a message that they have established themselves.

I used to always get this message without any issues, but on my latest gamestart it never came.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 13:12

Do phanon corp capital ships actually leave quiet tides and venture to your sectors? or do they just sit in theirs??

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 15:35

firestorm79 wrote:Do phanon corp capital ships actually leave quiet tides and venture to your sectors? or do they just sit in theirs??
The carriers and M7s will.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 16:21

Litcube wrote:
firestorm79 wrote:Do phanon corp capital ships actually leave quiet tides and venture to your sectors? or do they just sit in theirs??
The carriers and M7s will.
excellent.

BRING IT ON!

AcidWeb
x4

Post by AcidWeb » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 23:44

XRM+LoCo+IEX combo need slight modified system list.

Code: Select all

<t id="300">4,15</t>
<t id="301">9,7</t>
<t id="302">18,16</t>
<t id="303">17,2</t>
<t id="304">12,0</t>
<t id="305">21,4</t>
<t id="306">13,7</t>
<t id="307">4,7</t>
<t id="308">7,13</t>
<t id="309">10,9</t>
<t id="310">16,0</t>
<t id="311">12,11</t>
<t id="312">6,15</t>

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 23:17

Will this work with XRM 1.30d ?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 23:24

It works fine with XRM 1.30d, Lakz.

I've noticed it might choose Gunne's Crusade as a possible sector to spawn the Phanon in, not sure if it was intended or if it's a result of some change between 1.20 and 1.30, but it's a mostly empty pirate sector, so it works just as fine as any unknown sector.
Last edited by Kadatherion on Mon, 2. Dec 13, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 23:26

Kadatherion wrote:It works fine with XRM 1.30d, Lakz.

bluenog143
x3tc

Post by bluenog143 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 19:50

Some questions about the mod.

1] Do I have to defeat a generation for the next one to spawn? If it isn't possible, what change do I need to make to the script so that the next generation will spawn when it's reached a certain point?

2] What change do I need to make to the script, so that when I defeat Phanon Corp (any generation) they are gone for good and won't respawn any more?
SinisterDeath wrote:This reminds me of something...

"I don't believe in GoD, but GoD sure believes in blowing up my factories."
Dark_Ansem wrote:Seeing your creation in-game and working makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 03:53

bluenog143 wrote: 1] Do I have to defeat a generation for the next one to spawn? If it isn't possible, what change do I need to make to the script so that the next generation will spawn when it's reached a certain point?
Yes you have to destroy a generation (blowing up their base) to trigger the countdown to the next one appearing. Not possible to have more generations at any one time, unless you completely rewrite it almost from scratch. There is only ONE Phanon corp, it gets tagged with a different name depending on the generation, but the (hidden) enemy race it uses is always the one and the same. And the same goes for the scripts and variables storing their assets.
bluenog143 wrote: 2] What change do I need to make to the script, so that when I defeat Phanon Corp (any generation) they are gone for good and won't respawn any more?
Errrr, no changes. If you don't want a new generation to spawn you can simply turn off the AL plugin at any time. But I guess you were reasoning around the idea of having multiple Phanon corps active at once, thus the need for them not respawning. Still, see point 1.

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 20:48

Could this script be responsible for lag?

I'm at day 6 (AP 3.1 with XRM), and the game suddenly became laggy to the point that it's barely playable. I tried to lower the graphic settings to the minimum, resetting the mission director, with no luck. I conclude that something must be bringing the CPU on its knees. I have an i5 running at 5.2GHZ though, and a GTX780 for graphics.

I have another savegame that's only a few hours younger, and everything is still smooth and playable.

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 21:23

I don't think so, Lakz, but we were very recently discussing this issue in the XRM thread. I experienced the same around day 5+ (but didn't really bother to test why, as I was already finished with the playthrough), and so did AcidWeb, who noticed a nasty pileup of al.xmrbounty.corescript.main.
Refer to the main XRM thread and look if you have the same AL pileup: if you have it too, then we can pretty much confirm that's the culprit and Paul will be able to look into it.

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 22:14

Kadatherion wrote:I don't think so, Lakz, but we were very recently discussing this issue in the XRM thread. I experienced the same around day 5+ (but didn't really bother to test why, as I was already finished with the playthrough), and so did AcidWeb, who noticed a nasty pileup of al.xmrbounty.corescript.main.
Refer to the main XRM thread and look if you have the same AL pileup: if you have it too, then we can pretty much confirm that's the culprit and Paul will be able to look into it.
Thanks for the pointers, I just read through the XRM thread, and looked at AcidWeb problems which lead me to find something interesting. I do have a bounty pileup in my earlier save, but it does not affect the game at all. However, in my laggy save, Phanon definitely seems to be the culprit.

Smooth save.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33428894/bounty.jpg

Laggy save.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33428894/phan.jpg

Is there any short term solution to remove that lag?

Kadatherion
x4

Post by Kadatherion » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 23:25

Well, you can try shutting down the tasks (highlight them and press del), and see if it helps. They are probably bound to stack up again soon anyway, and shutting them down does not necessarily mean you'll get back your fps, but it's worth a try.

In theory, properly disabling the Phanon plugin from the AL menu should clean everything up though (everything Phanon related, that is), so try that first.

The second screenshot is overall much worse anyway, look at that scrollbar! I gather in the laggy save you have both an xrm bounty pileup (as I see those repeating too) AND a Phanon one. No wonder then the CPU begins to cry blood tears, and maybe the two pileups might be related.
The true technicality of it is beyond my knowledge though, so if you could repeat your report in the XRM thread I'm sure it'd be very helpful to Paul.

P.S. What Phanon generation did you reach? In your case the Phanon pileup seemed to happen fairly suddenly given the two not so far apart save states, so maybe there's something wrong when a later Phanon gen spawns/works with lots of task forces and traders, while it's harmless in the early, less efficient generations.
(Then again it might be the xrm bounty pileup began to lag the engine, and before you could visually notice the impact, a cascade side effect of other AL plugins like Phanon lagging behind was generated).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”