Bullwinkle's List

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 02:45

Is it just my imagination or did Litcube's response to you modding for LU go *poof*?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 20. Mar 15, 12:12

Ferenczy66 wrote:Is it just my imagination or did Litcube's response to you modding for LU go *poof*?
Indeed, so i shall reiterate. Everyone and anyone is freely allowed to mod LU, have fun. Please direct any further LU talk not specifically related to Bullwinkle's List to the LU thread, thanks.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 19:23

Hey, found what might be a minor problem with the Mission Briefing Fix mod(script?), might not really be worth fixing if it is even a problem with Mission Briefing FIx and not something else. I still get paid for the mission regardless.

About a third of the time, when I finish a mission with this installed, the "Incoming Message" received when I complete the mission is corrupted and only contains some numbers, like so:

instead of the normal completion message.
bibo ergo sum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 23:33

That bug exists in the vanilla game, and is not caused by said extension.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 01:33

Oh, good to know, thanks.

Is it just AP or going back all the way to X3? I don't remember seeing it before while playing TC.
bibo ergo sum

Master3553
x4

Post by Master3553 » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 14:52

I've installed the newest version... But i cannot buy or find the bording transporter anywhere.... I'm playing X3:AP 3.1....

Edit: I think I fixed it... But there is one Problem remaining, at least I think its a problem. The Boarding Transporter Extension isn't an extension, it's a ware. Is this planned or a bug?
*psssst* Die Mods können uns hören!
X³ TC gekauft, verschmäht, wiederentdeckt, geliebt

HelioOne

Post by HelioOne » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 15:55

Hello Bullwinkle,

thank you so much for your great mods, I could not imagine playing without them! :)

I have some trouble using the "Turrets On/Off (Missiles Only)"-Hotkey, though:
Whenever I load a saved game, it registers an additional "Turrets On/Off" hotkey, so I already got 5 identical hotkey-entries now. :?

I am playing TC with XRM, MARS and most of your mods!
Any help would be very much appreciated,
thank you! :)

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 11:13

are all of these Now LU compatible, if they have a DrBullwinkle version ?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 11:48

Joelnh wrote:are all of these Now LU compatible, if they have a DrBullwinkle version ?
I'm not sure but since DrBullwinkle has been inactive for 6 months and there have two updates to LU since then (link), I would suggest sticking with the mods listed as LU-compatible (link) or asking in that compatibility thread.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 12:38

DrBullwinkle:

I wonder if you can help me here, I am running the latest version of AP (Steam) and I modified the game using your scrpt (Mars repacked for Cycrows Plug in Manager Lite)

Problem I have is that since installing this one and only mod My screen shot(F12) No longer works.

Is this a known problem? If so do you have a fix.

I am writing a DID at the moment and as you can appreciate the masse's like their screen shot's .

Any help would be appreciated.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 18:56

Sabrina Bergin wrote:DrBullwinkle:

I wonder if you can help me here, I am running the latest version of AP (Steam) and I modified the game using your scrpt (Mars repacked for Cycrows Plug in Manager Lite)

Problem I have is that since installing this one and only mod My screen shot(F12) No longer works.

Is this a known problem? If so do you have a fix.

I am writing a DID at the moment and as you can appreciate the masse's like their screen shot's .

Any help would be appreciated.
Uhm ... F9 and Print Screen are the default screenshot buttons, unless you changed them yourself. Anyway, the screenshot hotkey(s) can be changed in the "controls" panel (a tab on the same menu where you save, load and quit, among other things), so if you want to use F12 you can easily change it there. It might conflict with other stuff though, in which case the game will warn you.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Annette Barret

Post by Annette Barret » Sun, 27. Sep 15, 21:39

Zaitsev wrote:
Uhm ... F9 and Print Screen are the default screenshot buttons, unless you changed them yourself. Anyway, the screenshot hotkey(s) can be changed in the "controls" panel (a tab on the same menu where you save, load and quit, among other things), so if you want to use F12 you can easily change it there. It might conflict with other stuff though, in which case the game will warn you.
Unfortunately that's not the problem, I checked the controls interface and F12 is set as the screenshot button. (I try not to touch things like that.) The one thing I did note is that when the F12 button is pressed a nearby factory or station flashes as though hit by a camera flash but no screen shot results.

Its not a problem as such, the game works just fine but it is an irritation not having this function.

Sorry Zaitsev, I'm not really butting in here I got Sabrina to ask when I told her I couldn't take any pic's in game for her to use.

She thinks I broke it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 01:21

Sabrina Bergin wrote:(Mars repacked for Cycrows Plug in Manager Lite)

It is unlikely that any of my scripts interfere with screen shots. (Nor would the no-Steam .exe interfere, as suggested in your post on the Plugin Manager thread).

You might try re-binding the screen shot function to another key. Perhaps another Windows program could be hogging the key? That is just a guess -- I cannot think of any other reason why you would have trouble with screen shots.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 05:12

DrBullwinkle:

You know that sounds rude? Your chosen name that is.

Anyway I sent you a PM. The problem was not with your script, it turns out to be a problem caused by installing the NO-Steam EXE.

Yes it is definitely that which caused the problem. (Tested trust me. twelve hours plus of head banging.)

Resetting the screen shot to a different key had no effect..... Well not quite true, the game paused for a second and if there was a station in view it would flash as though a picture was taken but no screenshots occurred.

This occurred on WIN 7 and WIN 10.

I think there must be an underlying conflict here of some sort somewhere but I don't have the nous to work it out.

How gross is that? I mean that's a signed script for fracks sake.

So sorry for troubling you.

Annie loves your MARS thing by the way. Well at least now it works.

:lol:

Sabrina.
Last edited by Sabrina Bergin on Mon, 28. Sep 15, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 05:18

It's just the facts; nothing rude about it (nor was any rudeness intended).

Gazz made MARS. I only re-packaged it to make it easier to install.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 05:39

DrBullwinkle:

I think I am the one who should apologise, my poor attempt at humour obviously failed.

Now having considered what you have said regarding the NSE. I must point out that after 12 hour of exhaustive testing... It is the problem.

I do not profess to understand why this is the case, I can assure you that without installing this (NSE) both your own and Gazz's MARS work as intended.

My thanks for your consideration.

Sabrina. :lol:

Sairaf
x3tc

Post by Sairaf » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 01:52

Anyone still here?

I'm back at playing TC, X-Tended, particularly. It lacks the built-in comm. range boost XRM has, and since XTC is REALLY PICKY with its compatible mods, I went in search of a list. Your list of scripts is said to be compatible, but I get the red version number when the game loads, indicating it broke the mod. I don't really see issues (except for betty not saying some ship names, sector names when I target the gates and the "entering system", but those were there when it was green), so I don't really care.

THE THING IS, I downloaded your Better Globals and it simply does not work. None of the ranges have been increased, and the .txt file is inside Types, so I don't know why this is happening.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 01:57

Is there a globals.pck in the Types folder? That would override the .txt file.

It is fairly easy to merge changes from one Types file into another. You only need a good text editor (such as Notepad++).

My globals file has comments for the lines that are changed from vanilla. You could copy and paste the lines that you want from my globals into the XTC globals file.

If the XTC globals file is not in the types folder, then it may be in a .cat file. In that case, you will need X3Editor2 to extract it.

Sairaf
x3tc

Post by Sairaf » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 02:34

Rats, that must be it. I thought folders in the same folder as the .exe overwrote the ones in the VCF. I'll edit the XTC globals and report back.
Last edited by Sairaf on Sun, 11. Oct 15, 03:16, edited 2 times in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 02:39

.pck files have higher precedence (meaning that they override) .txt files.

Files in the correct folders on disk override those in .cats.

See "A Word About File Precedence" in the Tools and Resources section of the Ship Tricks tutorials for the full story about file precedence.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”