[TC][AP][Script][AL] LI Freight Distribution Network (FDN) – v8.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 08:34

Triscopic wrote:I love using this version of FDNL.

FYI, I have located a bug and implemented a fix:

BUG: If you complex up stations that are being managed by the DC, they continue to be managed after complexing. As you probably know this leads to complexes running out of goods as intermediate products are beamed away.

FIX: I've added the following snippet of code to plugin.LI.FDN.Supply.Factory.xml:

Code: Select all

$detectable = $factory -> is detectable
  if $detectable != 0
    return null
  end

I added this after the block that begins "*Fetch values saved in the AL Plugin global variable:" and before the block beginning "* flag 1 is for products"

This now allows complexed factories that have somehow made it into FDNL's factory array before complexing to be skipped.

I like FDNL so much I thought it was only fair I "give back" and post my fix. Thanks again!
Hi Triscopic,

I missed this post, great catch, thanks.

LA

Kual
x3ap

Post by Kual » Fri, 7. Mar 14, 09:52

FDN will only sell to NPC Factories and Docks.
FDN searches for Stations that require wares which it holds, it creates a TS at the station with the required amount of wares (this is removed from the DC) and uses the existing sell script command to sell the ware. Once complete the TS is destroyed.
The TS has it's home base set to the DC so all credits come from & go to the DC.
Ah, ok, now I understand how it works. That is bloody brilliant actually, because I can control where things should be sold by setting up or omitting satellites. Now I like this fantastic script even more. :D

Thanks for the answer and thanks to X:R, which made me install X3AP + XRM and enjoy all those well designed scripts. 8)

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Thu, 1. May 14, 20:12

Hi, The download link is currently down for this mod.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 1. May 14, 20:17

The site has changed but the file is still there: FDNL at xdownloads.co.uk

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Mon, 12. May 14, 14:07

DrBullwinkle wrote:The site has changed but the file is still there: FDNL at xdownloads.co.uk
DrBullwinkle, many thanks for the new link.

I've installed the mod and have configured it to work but there is some question/help required!

Reasons for using the mod was to eliminate the use of connecters to make complexes.

Background - I have 4 x ore stations, 4 x silcon station and 1 x equipment dock in 1 sector

I suppose I have two questions;

1. I have turned off auto buy/sell so I can use my existing CAG's to do the buying and selling. I have set up 2 CAG's as buyers to buy energy cells by adding the ore and silcon to the black list of wares. I have set 1 CAG to seller, to sell the ore and the silcon as well as black listing energy cells. At the moment none of the CAG’s are moving any of my ore or silcon but buying my buyers are fine! Am I doing anything wrong here?

2. I read somewhere that selling using FDN creates temp ships to load the cargo and go, if that is the case is that the same for buying?

Many thanks,

fiby

Viviox
x3ap

Post by Viviox » Sat, 16. Aug 14, 05:57

Hi,

I know the OP stated that FDN doesn't work with complexes, but for some reason, a complex of mind shows up on FDN menu. It is being use by FDN to sell their products. Is this a bug?

I have a complex of 4 Argon Wheat Farm.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Wed, 17. Sep 14, 09:28

Can someone pretty please explain to me how this works?
Even better, write up a guide on HOW to use it properly? I've read the OP and the somewhat 'help-style' 2nd post, re-read and fiddled with it, and can't quite figure it out.

And I'm kinda upset it doesn't work on Complexes... I was trying to reduce the spam in my home sector to make the stations somewhat manageable with those (had a gazillion stations otherwise, even with Complex Cleaner) and I'd like to basically have my separate complexes (energy, food, shield, etc) without needing a ton of haulers in each one to jam up docking ports and keep 'em stocked, plus wanted one area (the HQ since it has near-unlimited docking) to be my 'distribution point', and keep the second HQ stocked so I can build ships.

Am I thinking of this mod in the wrong way?
How do I achieve what i want here?
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Xeroeth
x4

Post by Xeroeth » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 16:33

Hey, I have a question. How can I automize unloading wares to my virtual space? I have a lot of lasers, shields etc. to unload, but when I try to transfer those from my ship to hq it stops at its physical limit (for ex. 24 is the limit for Electro-Magnetic Disruptor Array), how can I transfer the rest of them to virtual space without going to FDN menu and doing it manually for each one?
||MOBO: ASUS X99-A II||CPU:I7-6800k||GPU:EVGA 3080FTW3||RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 64GB||PSU:EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2||
||DISPLAYS:SAMSUNG G9 & IYAMA PROLITE XU2390||LCS:2xHWL BLACK ICE SR2 480 & LAING D5||SYSTEM:WIN 11||

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 11:53

Xeroeth wrote:Hey, I have a question. How can I automize unloading wares to my virtual space? I have a lot of lasers, shields etc. to unload, but when I try to transfer those from my ship to hq it stops at its physical limit (for ex. 24 is the limit for Electro-Magnetic Disruptor Array), how can I transfer the rest of them to virtual space without going to FDN menu and doing it manually for each one?
I don't think you can if I understand what your aim is correctly. You want to be able to keep unloading from the ship and have them go directly into virtual storage?

I think that the way the script works means it only sees goods coming from other stations via the fdn script transfer as eligible for virtual space storage. However if anyone could come up with a way to do it directly from a ship that would be great. Many times I have had to fiddle round in the fdn menu and shift physical to virtual so I could unload a TL ship.

Xeroeth
x4

Post by Xeroeth » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 13:12

Exactly. Anyway, thanks for confirming.
||MOBO: ASUS X99-A II||CPU:I7-6800k||GPU:EVGA 3080FTW3||RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 64GB||PSU:EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000W P2||
||DISPLAYS:SAMSUNG G9 & IYAMA PROLITE XU2390||LCS:2xHWL BLACK ICE SR2 480 & LAING D5||SYSTEM:WIN 11||

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 26. Nov 15, 18:17

Backup link:
[ external image ]

Edit: Added link to opening post. X2-Illuminatus
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 00:18

I'm using this with XRM, can use the FDN but don't see the Node or Trade or whatrever anywhere to buy. What gives?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”