Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

akari no ryu
x4

Post by akari no ryu » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 02:26

TC, gave up on AP when I realised there's no way to effect the war.

I followed the instructions, but I get a warning when I start up saying the plugin needs Commodities and something else installed.

I don't know if it's related to the whole "can't get the plugin uninstalled issue" but the ships that I've added to a Wing and told to go mine occasionally get damaged. When they do, they go to the nearest shipyard to get repaired. They get repaired and then sit in the shipyard, despite their CMD changing to "Mine Asteroids".

Is this related to the incorrect uninstall?

akari no ryu
x4

Post by akari no ryu » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 02:31

Like the idiot that I am, I forgot to mention the Bonus Package.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 02:35

akari no ryu wrote:When [miners get damaged], they go to the nearest shipyard to get repaired. They get repaired and then sit in the shipyard, despite their CMD changing to "Mine Asteroids".
Interesting. That could be a bug. Is the shipyard in the same sector? Were you in-sector with the miners while they were working, or OOS?

It should not be related to Prospector, which uses different scripts.

TC has no Teladi Quest that I know of. Are you playing XRM or XTC?

I know what you mean about the war in AP -- it is stupid after the plot ends. However, it is not permanent -- a future update could change it.

Also, Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude (dillpickle) ends the war, as well.

Regarding Prospector uninstall: When you get messages from your computer they are called "dialogs". That means that the computer is trying to communicate with you. If you do not read the dialogs, then you will not know how to fix the problem. If you do not tell *me* what the dialog says, then there is no way that I can help you with that particular problem. :)

akari no ryu
x4

Post by akari no ryu » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 02:52

I'm OOS, I try to steer well clear of any ships that are doing mining.
The shipyard is in the next sector over.
The quest in question is the one which gives you the Sector you own, a teladi station in Freedom's Reach has a Terraformer CPU ship appear.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 28. Dec 12, 03:08

The plot you describe is "A New Home" in English. There are several possible player sectors that can be awarded, so your description does not help me. :)

But, no matter -- I will try to reproduce your report about miners not resuming mining after repairs at a shipyard. Thank you, akari no ryu.

With Mobile Mining Mk2, it is safe to be in the same sector with your miners. I fixed the bugs that make IS mining unsafe in the vanilla mobile mining scripts.

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sun, 30. Dec 12, 13:12

Regarding the issue with AP mining, in the global settings file there are modifiers such as SG_MM_Yield_Multiplier, SG_MM_Yield_Divisor and other values which may help.

Raaaak
x3tc

Post by Raaaak » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 05:25

Is it possible to modify miner behaviour on full hold, and full homebase, so that they go on standby instead of stopping the command?

That would be helpful for supplying massive microchip complexes, without either having to undersupply then, or set up a overflow system via CLS2 or CAG.

(This is in TC if that matters)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 05:45

Yes, I could do that in a future version: Send an email to the player when Homebase is full, then idle.

In the meantime, you could set up a CLS2 transport to automatically offload your Homebase.

Raaaak
x3tc

Post by Raaaak » Sun, 14. Apr 13, 20:01

That would be an appreciated addition, by at least one person that is.

My planned, halfway built, setup is as follows.

I have a bunch of mining ships homebased at a TL.

And a few Super Freighters with CLS2 orders:

Load silicon from TL
Unload at power plant.
Unload at chip complex.
Unload at overflow storage (a couple L silicon mines and a complex hub)
Refuel

Then I will add CAGs to sell any silicon at the overflow storage.

If you were to add suspend(and auto resume) on full home base instead of cancel order, I could skip the overflow handling part. Without having to try to arrange a minimal surplus of processing capacity.

PS.
sending an email may not be the best idea, mining could suspend and resume pretty regularly under this setup.
DS.

Deathtoll666
x2

Post by Deathtoll666 » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 04:27

TurokGMT wrote:Did I just go full retard, or is there no download link in the OP, or anywhere else in the thread?
i found the problem. i use google chrome and i had the same problem. i copied the web address and pasted it into IE. i could see the download button there. :idea:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 16. Jun 13, 06:08

Fixed. Thank you both.

In case players have not yet noticed, Mobile Mining Mk2 must be reinstalled after each Steam update (or Verify files).

Just install over the old version and it will be fine again.

Shiningmoonblade
x3tc

Post by Shiningmoonblade » Fri, 5. Jul 13, 01:21

I love this Mod/Script. I've been looking for prospector for a year and could not find it. Then i saw this on your list and i have to say its much easier to install and use. It makes mobile mining fun instead of a chore. Thanks Doc.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 17:00

Huh, seems like my Wing of Mistral TS ships doesn't do the mining when I set up the Wing with the Mine Minerals Command.

If I disband the Wing and order the ships to Mine separately, everything works fine.

Haven't worked out if it's just the order in which I installed my other scripts/mods (TC plots for AP, your improved boarding, FCC) but I'm on that....

But even if I can't get it fixed, it's still a hell lot of awesomeness having this script (and I don't really mind the micromanagement setting up 30 TS to mine silicon for the HUB since it's still worth doing it :D).

Just another random question at the end:
TLs are not available to drop off minerals, any reaseon why not?
Or just because you could? :D
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 19:03

Idleking wrote:seems like my Wing of Mistral TS ships doesn't do the mining when I set up the Wing with the Mine Minerals Command.
What do they do when you give them the wing mining command?

The order in which you install scripts does not matter as long as nothing overwrites the script. In this case, that could be a Steam update, so just reinstall MM Mk2 over itself if there is a Steam update.

Idleking wrote:TLs are not available to drop off minerals, any reason why not?
Is there any reason why? ;)

That is what CLS2 is for.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 19:30

Hrm.. seems like everything's working after all - maybe the Nividium 'Roid was just depleted since it works with mining Silicon :lol:

Could you make them notice the player if the stuff to collect isn't around anymore?

Yeah, right, CLS2 does that, kinda..
But setting a wing of miners to unload at a TL requires less clicking for the setup of the CLS2 :P
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 19:40

Miners automatically unload at Homebase, then continue mining. Homebase can be a TL, although it does not have to be a TL in MM Mk2.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 19:51

Ah doesn't have anything to do with your script then because the game itself doesn't allow homebasing ships other than fighters to a TL...

[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 19. Jul 13, 20:07

Sure it does.

Homebase the entire wing to the TL.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 06:52

Well, seems like I lost my mind somewhere along the road, of course you're right again. Homebasing to the TL works...

What have I tried to do yesterday when it didn't? :lol:

And no, I wasn't drunk yesterday. Not that I could remember... ^^

[ external image ]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 20. Jul 13, 14:07

Some ships cannot be homebased individually, but can be homebased if you make them part of a wing. They will retain the homebase even if you remove them from the wing.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”