Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 21:09

I don't know about XRM, but Falcon Haulers are *better* miners than TS's in the vanilla game. I would call them very "serious".

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Re: Mobile Mining Mk2 (MM Mk2) v1.05 [TC][AP][SCR]

Post by Ferenczy66 » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 02:49

Lakz wrote:
Ferenczy66 wrote: Just a side note Doc...

XRM removes (as far as a quick scan goes) all XL cargo from fighters...meaning Falcon Haulers wont work in that scenario, unless players edit their Tships.

I'm doing that now...as I want to compare productivity of some of Lucike's scripts with their counterparts from other authors.
Not true, there are a few fighters having an XL cargo hold. Mostly goner crafts.
Actually, the Goner crusader and Ranger are the "only 2" with XL cargo.

So assuming you, like me, were trying to follow the author's advice, you might not pick up that fact until after you had bought a fleet of falcons and found out it was a mistake.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 2. Mar 14, 03:04

The qualities that make Falcon Haulers good miners are the heavy shields, large cargo bay, XL cargo capacity, and decent turn rate. Falcon Haulers have heavier shields than most TS's (although the new TS+ ships in AP are fine for mining). (Also, you can dock Falcon Haulers at your TL and jump to another sector, including Undefined Space. You can't do that with TS's and most TL's.)

The reason that I point this out is that there are many misleading "guides" on the forum that incorrectly recommend TS's as miners. In fact, vanilla TS's are the worst miners (due to low shields and slow turn rate). M6's are better, and Falcon Haulers better still.

For those who play ship mods (such as XRM), you will have to figure out which ships have the right combination of qualities in your mod.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sun, 20. Apr 14, 14:33

DrBullwinkle wrote:In fact, vanilla TS's are the worst miners
True story. Ever seen 25 freighters trying to mine a single rock cluster?
Uuuhh.. let's say the collision avoidance algorithm seems to have the upper hand in more cases than less.

Just something that came to my mind trying to "automate" collecting the remnants of a Nividium Asteroid in Unfocussed Jump Space:
Am I the only one that had the idea of using a Transporter Device to collect rocks?

Sure it might be a bit imbalanced but well, since you can find an Aran and dock TS/M6 to it and bring them to unfocussed space, it's not much of a big deal, since those sectors give you "free money" anyway.
Might aswell make it work within a couple of meters to balance it a bit, because ~5km collecting radius would be insane.. so, what about 200m?

Possible/doable?
In the mood to? :D
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 20. Apr 14, 17:44

I break an asteroid then set my miners to mine.

If I intend to mine myself (as in Undefined Space), then I break a second asteroid and mine there. That way, I do not have to worry about proximity to my miners.

In my experience, the miners spread out nicely when used this way.

Sure, transporter mining is possible. Script-wise, the mining "technology" uses a form of transporter anyway... the script command is the same. The reasons for the extremely short range are immersion and balance. Mobile Mining is already competitive with Universe Traders for "passive income". If we make mining *too* profitable then it would detract from the game rather than improve it.

That said, I will take another look at mining range the next time that I do tests with MM Mk2. Thank you for the suggestion.

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 16:28

Hi.

I'm running Litcube's Universe v1.3.6 for AP and have dropped the MM MK2 files into the addon/script and addon/t folders.

I've crushed a Nividium rock with the help of a hornet and some additional shots and my miners are able to get Nividium with the 'Collect Rocks'-command, so mining seems to be possible.
Now I've added all my miners into a wing and tried starting the 'Mine Minerals' command, sadly this does not seem to work for me. The Following is my problem:

When I start the command everything seems ok, I can change the rock type, the amount to collect, the system and the homebase. But when i hit 'Start mining' the command resets. Same happens when I try to close the commands window. I seem to be stuck in a loop which restarts the command creation over and over again, only way to get out is a reload.

Any idea what would cause this? Did i mess up the install, do litcube+MM MK2 do strange things together, or is it something else entirely?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 18:58

facastefff wrote:Any idea what would cause this?
LU changes some of the standard menus and scripts; requiring changes to some scripts.

I modified most of my scripts for LU when it was in test phase, but all of that work is now gone. Sorry.

facastefff
x4

Post by facastefff » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 19:01

That's a bummer. Thanks for your fast answer anyways :)

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 07:53

Dose this change the (infinite)respawn of Nividium rocks in places like kingdom end?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 07:55

MM Mk2 makes no changes to asteroid spawning.

AP, however, has slightly different rules than TC. I believe that there is no longer infinite rock respawning. However, AP does have many more Nividium asteroids scattered throughout the 'verse.

Why do you ask?

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:15

i added this and Rename ships with Expressions and started a new game... and now im only getting about the same nividium as out of oos mining in KE as i do in AP

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:19

1) Are you playing TC?

2) Are you OOS?

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:20

Yes to both.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:25

I don't know then.

But infinite rock respawn is an exploit anyway. You wouldn't want to do that, right?

There is plenty of other Nividium to be found. In TC, Detector can be particularly helpful in finding Nividium. You will have to change the configuration in the language file (t\8552-L044.xml) to enable Nividium detection.

There is also an unlimited supply of Nividium to be found in Undefined Space (UFJD) (both games).

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:31

...some times(Poisoned Parinid Start for example) yes i do want it:) i usually use one 3000 TS full as seed money and leave it at that. oh well, time to find some thing else for seed capital...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 08:33

I just gave you two good solutions.

killer1810
x3ap

Post by killer1810 » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 05:11

Well, i can't make ships (falcon haulers) to drop nividium at home base in unknown sectors. After they finish mining and get full cargo, they just stop, disabling command. Only way to unload them: freight exchange with other ship. Any way to fix it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 08:06

There is a limit to how far the miners will look for a base to unload. If your unknown sectors are too far from home base, then yeah; they just stop.

You can set up a TS with CLS software to unload the miners while they work. When it fills up then you can send THAT to unload the cargo.

killer1810
x3ap

Post by killer1810 » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 16:03

They are not too far away, less then 10km from set homebase, but still ignore it. Unknown sector is where i jump with UFJD. I will try CLS, ty ^^
I use Albatros as home base, but after first fail, i tried Aran as homebase, with same results.
+ Mayby it's not the case, but when i use advance plugin manager and verify installed files, it say that he miss some files, mostly ".DS_Store".

Found the answer on 4-5 page. I needed "transporter device".
Anyway, thank you very much for quick replies ^_^ Have a good time :oops:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 23:36

killer1810 wrote:TUnknown sector is where i jump with UFJD.
Oh, I see. That is not an unknown sector. It is Undefined Space.

killer1810 wrote:Found the answer on 4-5 page. I needed "transporter device".
Good work. Glad you found the culprit. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”