[MOD][AP] Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 25/08/2013 - vanilla & XRM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 21:45

so once we install the "expansion", you will fix any oops or boo boos.

Thanks for the work

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 21:56

I always do, don't I?
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

i hate pants
x3tc

Post by i hate pants » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 03:54

Does this work with the latest XRM:AP?

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 03:29

Vukica I am currently using X3AP v3.1, XRM v1.30d and your Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 with XRM v1.29 jobs and have noticed that on your map there are several sector map links missing from the XRM v1.30d map they are:

Xenon Sector - Xenon Core 023
Ringo Moon - Venturer's Sentinel
Ocracke's Storm - Privateer Gate
Rolk's Drift - Atreus' Delta
Soulstar - Thyn's Excavation
Talonfire - Depths of Silence

Other then that this is a great expansion to the XRM universe and thanks.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 09:12

DevilishMoney wrote:Vukica I am currently using X3AP v3.1, XRM v1.30d and your Lost Colony Expansion v2.02 with XRM v1.29 jobs and have noticed that on your map there are several sector map links missing from the XRM v1.30d map they are:

Xenon Sector - Xenon Core 023
Ringo Moon - Venturer's Sentinel
Ocracke's Storm - Privateer Gate
Rolk's Drift - Atreus' Delta
Soulstar - Thyn's Excavation
Talonfire - Depths of Silence

Other then that this is a great expansion to the XRM universe and thanks.
i used a tool to create map file for new sectors. it was either remove those connections or have them in the wrong place. so i removed them.

the truth is, i haven't had the time to figure out all the details regarding that file... so far so good, on one noticed, now i'm going to have put the brain a little more to use.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 06:41

I am sure it will need some work (such as merging the Jobs files), but how hard wold it be to make LoCo compatible with the mod that makes dillpicle's TC-to-AP mod compatible with XRM?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 10:09

Mythrantar wrote:I am sure it will need some work (such as merging the Jobs files), but how hard wold it be to make LoCo compatible with the mod that makes dillpicle's TC-to-AP mod compatible with XRM?
If you give me a link to that mod, i might tell you

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 12:21

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 12:27

it might be doable.

might...

the thing is, i don't know how much work it would be without actually doing it.
ok, map and jobs, well, that part is easy, 3 hours max.

however, there would have to be some md code writen to gradualy reveal loco sectors as aldrin (and some other sectors) become available.

a simpler solution would be to handle map conflicts if there are any, remove two lost colony sectors. that way, it would be generaly speaking TC compatible, which is the idea, isn't it?

i'm not sure what's the status of albion in such map configuration?

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 17:28

Is this mod still supported by the author ? i have noticed a few things that could be developed better.

some of the newly added sectors such as Ares and the sectors located around that area have ether grammar mistakes or don't make sense.
also i have a few new ideas for new sectors.

for the new sectors it'd be decent to have a plain dark background with visible gates like Loo-Manck-Strates-Legacy (its what i look for when i plant my HQ/ Stations)

and i guess a few more hostile area's (The Xenon are still a threat ;))

But nice work overall

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 17:39

-pault193- wrote:Is this mod still supported by the author ? i have noticed a few things that could be developed better.

some of the newly added sectors such as Ares and the sectors located around that area have ether grammar mistakes or don't make sense.
also i have a few new ideas for new sectors.

for the new sectors it'd be decent to have a plain dark background with visible gates like Loo-Manck-Strates-Legacy (its what i look for when i plant my HQ/ Stations)

and i guess a few more hostile area's (The Xenon are still a threat ;))

But nice work overall
What mistakes?

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 18:48

Ares - "Ares is in many way similar to planet Mars. Only difference is that it is the closet planet to its parent star Pilgrim. When gate to this system was found frozen in a near-Earth asteroid, USC decided to move the gate to Mercury where it could be well guarded. Later, when Terrans discovered that Goners have already explored and buit Trans-Oribital Accelerators across the system, USC decided to invest into a minig operation far away from the war frontier." ---- Ares is in many way similar to planet Mars. Only difference is that it is the closet planet to its parent star Pilgrim. When the gate to this system was found frozen in a near-Earth asteroid, the USC decided to move the gate to Mercury where it could be well guarded. Later, when the Terrans discovered that Goners have already explored and buit Trans-Oribital Accelerators across the system, the USC decided to invest into a mining operation far away from the war frontier.

Demeter - "The only reason the colony is still standing are Goner-organized orbital supply drops" ---- The only reason the colony is still standing is because of the Goner's organized supply drops

Hyperion - "Hyperion sector south gate leads to another star called Asgard." ---- Hyperion's south gate leads to another star called Agard

Zeus - "Its mass is five times the mass of Jupiter and radiation it produces prevents suborbital colonization" ---- It's mass is five times the mass of Jupiter and the radiation it produces prevents suborbital colonization.

Tyr - "Gas giant twice the size of jupiter" ---- Tyr is a gas giant twice the size of Jupiter

Atlas - "Only Planet Orbiting the star called lightbringer" ---- This sector contains the only planet orbiting the star called lightbringer.

P.S Don't give up on this mod :( it's a must have mod every time i do a clean install, keep adding more sectors it spices the game up !!

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 17:16

Well, I am also playing XRM (1.30) + TC Plots in AP.
A compatibility with LoCo would really perfect.

The Jobs.txt I made myself compatible. As there's nothing much to do here, several name/s, mistakes fixed since 1.29 and of cource LoCo's entries.
But the bod file for the universe map - that's another point. If anybody could point me (...I saw the program 'maptools' onto the page 1 here) in the direction how to do that...

(A Note: Also, for the player's who are asking about '...why a new game...'. I also started new, but I used the X3TC-X3TC converter - works nice and you have most of your assets...)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 17:28

wanderer wrote:Well, I am also playing XRM (1.30) + TC Plots in AP.
A compatibility with LoCo would really perfect.

The Jobs.txt I made myself compatible. As there's nothing much to do here, several name/s, mistakes fixed since 1.29 and of cource LoCo's entries.
But the bod file for the universe map - that's another point. If anybody could point me (...I saw the program 'maptools' onto the page 1 here) in the direction how to do that...

(A Note: Also, for the player's who are asking about '...why a new game...'. I also started new, but I used the X3TC-X3TC converter - works nice and you have most of your assets...)
http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?optio ... d&cid=1491

LoCo doesn't need a new game. new game was needed only for the 2.0 update.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Thu, 16. Jan 14, 18:20

@vukica

First - thx.

So far, some more insides...
First as I said, I am playing XRM with TC Plots - as here my cat/dat list:
- IE 1.1
- IEX 1.5a
- XRM (part 1 & 2) 1.30
- IEXi 1.5a patch
- XRM Hull
- XRM Dockingcomputer
- TC Plots 2.2a - AP 3.1 IEX
- XRM-TCAP Final (<- This patch is an unpacket cat/dat more-or-less, it drops several files into both roots, the TC path as well as the AP path!)
- LoCo

Links so far:
IE: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=267427
IEX: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645
XRM: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158
IEXi: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645 - read page 1
TC Plots AP: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324236 - READ, Important - use the first mention installation order without the compatibility patch in case you use IEX.
XRM-TCAP Final: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353528 - here you'll get the compatibility patch for the XRM-TC-AP Plots.
LoCo: - well - here...

So now some infos to several files, coming through all above mention cat/dat & patches...
With the 'XRM-TCAP Final' Patch, you will get 2 (for work with LoCo) important files:
- .\X3 - Albion Prelude (XRM)\addon\types\Jobs.txt
- .\X3 - Albion Prelude (XRM)\objects\cut\00749.bod
as well as the map itself:
- .\X3 - Albion Prelude (XRM)\addon\maps\x3_universe.xml
(...be aware about paths here!)

I now started to make my compatibility, and I am half way now...
- Jobs.txt - no problem. I used a compare tool and copied all XRM contents into a new Jobs.txt. All new jobs for the new LoCo sectors also went into this. I changed nothing else. So I should now have both jobs runing...
- For the 00749.bod. As vukica mention MapTools are the right tools for the merge and more. And that's where I am now 'playing' with. I changed the normal XRM map completely. As I also wanted the sectors more clusterd for every race. I didn't went into changing gate positions. I am now on the way to integrate the new sectors. And by the way - its working even in an existing game!

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 13:20

Vukica,

You had some comments earlier about spelling and grammar. I hope you don't mind but I have taken the liberty of editing the t file to try to fix them (I figured it was easier than try to list them all here). My edits can be found at:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jyuji ... 3-L044.xml

I've done nothing but edit the sector descriptions (and I fixed quite a bit more than was listed in the earlier post). Let me know if you want me to remove the link.

stephen12345
x3ap

Post by stephen12345 » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 00:44

If anyone is interested, I've generated a new sector map of for AP + XRM + Lost Colony. It is based on output from Scorp's X3 map generator, but I've then moved the sectors around so they appear more similar to their appearance on the galaxy map. I've also tried to make it very clear what sectors link to one another.

Map is available at: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmfdo ... ny+Map.png

Akatash20
x3tc

Post by Akatash20 » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 12:03

Very nice mod. Thx :-)

@Stephen12345: Thx too for the great map
"Es ist Krieg" rief der Tod, warf die Sense weg und sprang auf den Mähdrescher.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 5. May 14, 15:19

so Vukica i take it you havent updated this for latest XRM? that mean i still hve to download the vanilla one? :(

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 20. May 14, 14:01

Nick 031287 wrote:so Vukica i take it you havent updated this for latest XRM? that mean i still hve to download the vanilla one? :(
it is updated... 1.29 and 1.30 are the same thing, there have been no jobs changes.

sorry for responding so late, for some reason i didn't receive notification for it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”