[SCRIPT] [TC] - Explorer Command Extension v2.6 - [31.08.2013]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 14:17

I do not know but if you find it I will be extremely grateful. I've spent over 200m on harrier explorers using the GreyFalcon (I think) extension of ThisIsHarshs script. Since M6s can't be used they have a average lifespan of about 30 minutes. So I end up replacing lost satellite networks myself.. and I have 105 sectors currently with no sats at all :(

That doesn't even approach the more difficult problem: Some sectors have sats deployed on the far edges of sector space that aren't destroyed but give me the illusion that there are satellites in that sector. Then when I need to see .. I realize that I really can't ;)

Unfortunately I love RSwE too :(

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 14:59

You can "find position of <$string.033> in <string>" (where $string.033 is "\033" read from a t file).

Then use "<RetVar> = get substring of <Var/String> offset=<Var/Number> length=<Var/Number>" to rebuild the string -- without the "\033" and without the character that follows it.

You will probably also need "get length of string <string>".

You will have to repeat the process in a loop since multiple colors can be used in the name, but I think that you only need the above three script commands to make it work.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 18:43

DrBullwinkle wrote:You can "find position of <$string.033> in <string>" (where $string.033 is "\033" read from a t file).
Nice try, Doc! But this damn hell language is more evil than we all together! As soon as a '\' is involved, the string will not be recognized correctly. And I am afraid of taking only '033' as a pattern as it will get me too many false positive results.
I had to make a workaround and patch RWsE itself for compatibility.

ATTENTION RSwE USERS! CHECK PAGE ONE FOR PATCH!
You have to downoload the latest version PLUS the RSwE patch. Please report any bugs you encounter.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 19:27

Nicoman35 wrote:As soon as a '\' is involved, the string will not be recognized correctly.
'\033' is not a string; it is a single character.

The '\' is an escape character which means: "the next three digits are a key code". So the game interprets '\033' as a single character. MSCI will not interpret the escape code correctly, which is why you must store '\033' in a t file, and use a variable for it in MSCI.

Code: Select all

<t id="33">\033</t>

Code: Select all

$033 = read text: page=$whatever id=33

Jack08 confirms that the technique works.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 21. Oct 12, 22:25

Hat down, doc. Thank you for the advice. Your help is much apreciated. :) Next update available - now.

@ all
I'll put myself to work on that set range around homebase thing next week. (If no other complains come into the way meanwhile :roll: )

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx
x3ap

Post by xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 12:07

Скрипт супер!!! Спасибо автору!!!
:idea: Можно ли сделать "Автоматический Черный Список" как в галактическом торговце?

The script is super! Thanks to author!
:idea: Can I make "Automatic Black List" as a galactic trader?

PS. Apologies for machine translation

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 17:41

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx wrote:Ñêðèïò ñóïåð!!! Ñïàñèáî àâòîðó!!!
:idea: Ìîæíî ëè ñäåëàòü "Àâòîìàòè÷åñêèé ×åðíûé Ñïèñîê" êàê â ãàëàêòè÷åñêîì òîðãîâöå?
NO support for Klingonian language!
xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx wrote: The script is super! Thanks to author!
:idea: Can I make "Automatic Black List" as a galactic trader?
Thank you, but what do you mean with automatich black list?? Galactic trader? If you mean the MK3 trader - not my construction site. Sorry.

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx
x3ap

Post by xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx » Mon, 22. Oct 12, 18:44

Nicoman35 wrote:Thank you, but what do you mean with automatich black list?? Galactic trader?
No, not exactly the same, but the type as the galactic trader. Or that you can do to immediately ban pirate and Xenon sector.
In general, it is necessary only for the option to deploy satellites. For earlier thanks!

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 10:24

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx wrote:No, not exactly the same, but the type as the galactic trader. Or that you can do to immediately ban pirate and Xenon sector.
In general, it is necessary only for the option to deploy satellites. For earlier thanks!
I think I understand what you mean. You want sectors of certain races to be excluded from deployment or collection, right?
Well, if it is that what you have in mind: It is possible anyway. You have to set the option: 'Also deploy/collect in foe sectors DANGER' to NO.
Then you have to set in the command console of the playership which races should be foe.
This is because my script will always take the playership as reference which races are friendly and which are not, regardless of the settings in each deploy/collect ship.

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx
x3ap

Post by xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 12:46

Oh, I lol))) Yeah, do so, and it all went wrong. Thank you very much for the effort!

xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx
x3ap

Post by xxx_L.E.O.P.A.R.D_xxx » Wed, 24. Oct 12, 20:23

Hmmm ... Researchers still are flying in Xenon and pirate sector and die stupidly. Only if the sector is blacklisted - then they do not fly there.
I wrote about this, and to make automatic blacklist. Or how to get them to not fly explore hostile sector?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 24. Oct 12, 23:07

ATM, I am fully occupied integrating a range option into the script. As soon as I am ready, I will review the explore routine.

*EDIT*
Just had a run with 8 explore ships. Only thing they do is fly through foe sectors when they try to reach sectors lying behind. Admit this is a fault. I would have to take a look at Cycrows advanced navigation scripts for a clue. Not on the agenda right now. Maybe later. Or, if someone is willing to lend me a hand on this.... :roll: .....uhmmm Dr. Bulwinkle? :lol:
Last edited by Nicoman35 on Thu, 25. Oct 12, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Wed, 24. Oct 12, 23:46

Link kaput.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 04:39

Nicoman35 wrote:.....uhmmm Dr. Bulwinkle?
:rofl:

What, do you think that I read this thread, too, Nicoman?! :)

What exactly would you like help with?

You probably know that there is a library version of Signal_Targeted that can give your explorers advanced notice when they are at risk.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 25. Oct 12, 09:18

DrBullwinkle wrote:...What, do you think that I read this thread, too, Nicoman?! :) ....
:D

I had a crazy idea: Integrate the path routines of the Advanced Navigation Software in my script, so that blacklisted sectors are avoided completely. And as I fear a great part of my brain died in the effort writing this (and as I am lazy) ... :roll:.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:01

Yo dawg, link still be kaput!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 26. Oct 12, 23:12

I can confirm that. It seems that something about the archive triggers MediaFire's limits for the number of downloads. Is it a nested archive?

Nicoman, x1tp.com is a good, free, hosting site for X scripts and mods.

Or LV's Public Google Code site for X3.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 27. Oct 12, 09:18

Oops :oops:, sorry guys. Mediafire tells something about password protection or corrupted file. Thatswhy it was automatically taken down. Did not realize because I, as the uploader, was still able to download the file. I am working on v2.1. Hope it will be ready sunday or beginning of next week.
Please report, if download is working. Thanks again for hint, Dr. Bullwinkle (now I even manage to spell your name right)

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 14:18

In the next line click on add new list of coordinates, List 1 will appear. Click on List 1,
this way it will become active. Add position... appears. By clicking on Add position... , it
is possible to choose coordinates.
It doesn't work for me. There's no enter coordinates menu.
http://i.imgur.com/ZMnzu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/J2EDJ.jpg

The Renaming function is borked too. I used it and it renamed every Satellite AND Jump Beacon in my Universe...

Also, is it possible to make it automated Satellite deployment?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sun, 28. Oct 12, 16:30

dispostableatheist wrote:It doesn't work for me. There's no enter coordinates menu.
http://i.imgur.com/ZMnzu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/J2EDJ.jpg
Hm, please check the option 'Deployment arrangement'.
The defaullt should be 'Manual - single coorninates'. Anyway, change it to manual.
Then you should be able to add some list and coordinates.
dispostableatheist wrote: The Renaming function is borked too. I used it and it renamed every Satellite AND Jump Beacon in my Universe...

Also, is it possible to make it automated Satellite deployment?
Thanks for the hint. I'll look into that.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”