Buyable shipyards

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AmonSavag
x3ap

Buyable shipyards

Post by AmonSavag » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 02:26

Where's a script for albion prelude that allows me to build my own shipyard? I seen one but it wasn't downloadable

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 08:33

Why would you want one ? A shipyard is a paperweight, it doesnt actually do anything.

If you want to build ships, you need the PHQ. There is a script available to add the PHQ to Boron shipyards. Its expensive though. Its on my download site, probably in the TC section, but should work for AP.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 10:27

Making shipyards buyable is as simple as adding the shipyard to the trade list, which can be done using the cheat scripts.

however, they wont do anything and are pretty pointless

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 21. Dec 12, 20:52

You could always just make a PHQ for each race that just happens to use the large shipyard models.....

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 17:28

Just tested this out.

I just add a new big shipyards to the TDOCK for each race and made their subtype HQ, and made everything else but price fit their entry under TFactories. Then added an entry in the hq file under types. Then added them to each big shipyard for each of the five common wealth races.

They now act like PHQs, and can do anything a PHQ can except that they don't have as many cap ship docking slots.

AmonSavag
x3ap

Post by AmonSavag » Mon, 24. Dec 12, 03:36

So I went to your DL site and downloaded the boron shipyard PHQ and from there I'm lost. Do I put that zip file into the addons? Or do I unzip it? When I try to look at the archive it says it's not even readable. Sorry for being completely retarded, but you've gotta help this ignorant n00b out. I don't even know what PHQ stands for but figured I'd check it out at the boron shipyard after I got the script in :p

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 24. Dec 12, 03:44

AmonSavag wrote:So I went to your DL site and downloaded the boron shipyard PHQ and from there I'm lost. Do I put that zip file into the addons? Or do I unzip it? When I try to look at the archive it says it's not even readable. Sorry for being completely retarded, but you've gotta help this ignorant n00b out. I don't even know what PHQ stands for but figured I'd check it out at the boron shipyard after I got the script in :p
Spk files are for the Plugin Manager program. You will need to download that as well (Off the sticky thread). It handles both TC and AP, so just select which game your using inside the plugin manager and it will install the script for you.

PHQ is Player Headquarters. In TC, you get it as a plot reward. In AP there is a different plot that gives it as a reward. The PHQ has ship scrapping, ship building and colour respray facilities. Its the only way in the vanilla game to build ships yourself.

AmonSavag
x3ap

Post by AmonSavag » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 08:37

Thank you bunches.

lym1231
x4

Re:

Post by lym1231 » Sun, 27. Dec 20, 04:15

apricotslice wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 12, 03:44
AmonSavag wrote:So I went to your DL site and downloaded the boron shipyard PHQ and from there I'm lost. Do I put that zip file into the addons? Or do I unzip it? When I try to look at the archive it says it's not even readable. Sorry for being completely retarded, but you've gotta help this ignorant n00b out. I don't even know what PHQ stands for but figured I'd check it out at the boron shipyard after I got the script in :p
Spk files are for the Plugin Manager program. You will need to download that as well (Off the sticky thread). It handles both TC and AP, so just select which game your using inside the plugin manager and it will install the script for you.

PHQ is Player Headquarters. In TC, you get it as a plot reward. In AP there is a different plot that gives it as a reward. The PHQ has ship scrapping, ship building and colour respray facilities. Its the only way in the vanilla game to build ships yourself.
THANK YOU, your website is very helpful, and your scrips collection is complete

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: Buyable shipyards

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 1. Jan 21, 20:23

@lym

as an alternative: <a href=viewtopic.php?t=312348" class="postlink">Add Station</a>

I have used it to purchase my Player HQ.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”