[Mod] X-tended X-pantion [v. 1.4, OHEMGEE][RELEASED 2/16/2017]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 01:46

hey mech,

are those cool looking freighter ships still coming to the next release..?

great looking ships man

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Fri, 18. Jul 14, 01:44

Edit: err wait a sec, the freighters are already out. I think. *checks* yeah. go get 1.2.1 if you don't have it already- I keep the latest release as a DL link in my sig, as well as on the very first post.

'coruse, I'm eventually gonna split them off int a sub-module and let you pick between those or unique purpose-built ships which are at best rough sketches in my notebook around which I squeeze my Astronomy notes, but they're coming eventually.

I've been on a Terran kick the last few weeks, so the next release is "whenever I finish the Terran/ATF replacement roster and get everything in-game and working," which also means digging through some old HDDs looking for my Terran turrets, because the stock ones look like rubbish on those shiny white hulls.

also, [Hype intensifies]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
USC Corvette and Destroyer, respectively.
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 04:43

TESTING REPORT:

Stilettos are big bastards, and even more intimidating ingame than I expected.

also, Mass Driver equipped M5s are the devil, and why did I think that was a good idea and stop blowin' holes in my ship!
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 01:05

back at it. got... slightly distracted because Skyrim showed up in Steam's weekend bargan-bin.

anyhow, just got to get through some fiveish ships, so expect an actual update in the immediate future.

also, I got tired of the Ranger being a ****** Nova clone. it is now a beastly fast and maneuverable quad-engine thingy. still no guns, but now it can actually run the **** away from things.
[ external image ]

edit: so are image tags just not working right now or something?
A tinker
And maker of models

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 10:48

Mechanis wrote:edit: so are image tags just not working right now or something?
Fixed.™ The weblink to the image, which is placed between the img-tags, has to end on an actual file type ending (e.g. jpg). In your link behind the url the word "~original" was placed for some reason. I removed that.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 05:40

A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Wed, 22. Jul 15, 21:04

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... tme991.png
What's this?
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... vjc9hp.jpg
INGAME SCREENSHOTS?!?!?
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... sizkxt.png
madness!

:lol:
so, by the way, not dead.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 00:45

More Glamor shots from 1.3:
Terran Glave Corvette

Pirate Smuggler Light Carrier

Pirate Coyote Corvette

Teladi Moa Corvette

USC Poinard Fighter on the attack

ARE YOU HYPED YET!?

(also, this forum has such small img limits lolz)
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Release Imminent

Post by Mechanis » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 04:26

more pretty pictures:

Eel Heavy Fighter

USC Stiletto Heavy Fighter*

Metis Cruiser

Lamprey Light Carrier

USC Sai Light Fighter**

Nightshade Battlecruiser

Bandit Interceptor

Thief Heavy Fighter

Feeeed meeee your comments~ (also, expect MOAR pretty pictures as release grows near)

*has WAY TOO DAMN MANY guns. seriously the front arc of that thing is basically DEATH for anything not packing capital-grade shielding. that includes corvettes.

**Mass Driver equipped M5s are the DEVIL OW OW OW MY PRECIOUS HULL POINTS
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 07:28

SOUND THE ALARM! BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES! CLOSE ALL SHOPS IN THE MALL! SECURE ALL ANIMALS IN THE ZOO-

Gimme that thing you gibbering coward! Now hear this! Now hear this! One-point-three is now Live at mediafire! come and get it while it's hot, don't mind how blatantly unfair the Stiletto is!
A tinker
And maker of models

darkstar one
x3tc

Post by darkstar one » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 09:34

hello mechanis , i gave this a try and i must say loving the ships , however i came across a possible bug that made me uninstall it ,

it seems to be missing the acynonix [or however it spelt] split boarding corvette ,i had a good amount of them in my fleet being turned into undefined WWW tanker thingies, fortunately that seems to be the only thing wrong with this lovely expansion pack

i was fortunate to have flown to an unknown sector and make a save i could revert back incase of bugs

i installed as a false patch rather than overwrite anything ...so reverting back was really easy :D

hope this helps :D
You've got the flying skills of a large asteroid

Beyondfubar
x3ap

Post by Beyondfubar » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 05:43

These look great, do they work with XTC 2.2 AP?

Went ahead and installed but don't think I am seeing them.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Fri, 14. Aug 15, 05:07

@beyondfubar: currently AP compatibility is not supported, since I (as the main tester and 'person who actually knows how to make most of this stuff work ingame') don't have it, and thus cannot add support. I believe, however, that one can find basic instructions on how to transfer a TC mod into AP's environment elsewhere on the forum, but that may or may not cause breakages.

@DS1: that sounds like you're using an incompatible build of XTC, such as 1.5 or such- as far as I'm aware, 2.0 is the latest stable release and is thus what XPM is based on- if that's changed, it's a simple (if semi-tedious) matter to fix, but I really don't have the patience to deal with experimental or not-confirmed-as-stable builds.

becuase they tend to frak things up, and then it's bouncing between your base mod and the third-party addon mod and the base game to figure out what the problem is, and most people just DO NOT want to deal with that.
additionally, if you're using the plugin manager or other forms of add-ins to Tships, it will (obviously) break horribly because of file incompatibilities.

now to get back to figuring out why those $%^E&&$^ing turrets aren't animating. and why adding stations to waretemplate apparently breaks it despite being literal cut-and-pastes of existent fabs with alternate IDs. because I worked hard on those Pirate stations dangit!

also attempting to puzzle out how the hell the docking clamps work, because wow those things are annoyingly weird. *grumbling*
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Thu, 18. Feb 16, 03:12

:!:

BIGGER

BETTER

BOLDER

1.4 is coming
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 00:32

The smuggler's best friend:

Teladi Hawk Blockade Runner Corvette

New in 1.4: Courier Boat fast TPs and Blockade Runner Fast TS Corvettes
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 22:34

Fast Service, when you need it, where you need it.

Teladi Corbie Transport

coming in 1.4; Freighter Diversity: Modular No More
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 23:11

Power and Precision: superior Argon Engineering.

Argon Lifter Light Freighter

Argon Diomedes Blockade Runner Corvette

when the going gets tough, the tough buy better guns.
coming 1.4: better armaments on all freighters.
A tinker
And maker of models

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 22:22

Teladi Say: Much better now with faster and better freighters.

Teladi Vulture Light Freighter

Teladi Rhea Bulk Freighter

coming in 1.4: fully diverse freighters with cost, weapons, cargo space, shields and speed different for every ship! Choose the right ship for the right job today!
A tinker
And maker of models

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 22:35

Dude, are you ok?

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 22:49

perfectly fine and really glad the Corellian engineering corporation can't come after the Teladi (though the resulting legal battle would undoubtedly be hilarious to watch) because I'm using the YG- and YV-series as inspiration for their freighters.

why do you ask?

is it because I decided to do the preview posts in italics?
A tinker
And maker of models

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”