[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP : Sectormap Revamped 2.1 dd 11-jun-2013

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 12:38

With regards to this script : glad it worked out, will add german t files later on to support german language.

With regards to Universe Colored Map :

I'm afraid you have to manually translate the t file of the Universe Colored Map to german or accept the english sectornames.
If you do choose to translate it i would be happy to include it in the Universe Colored Map script and give you credit for it.

qwizzie

EDIT : Phinixa pls also rename and change the 9920-L044.xml file if not done already, that will give you colored claimable ships.

Phinixa
x4

Post by Phinixa » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 14:37

Hmm... I tried to translate the sector names, but if I do so, it won't work anymore. Sector names are now completely white.
The UTF-8 coding should support german umlauts(Interesting, the english language has the same word...) like Ä,Ö...

Any solutions?

I uploaded the t-file in case you need it: http://www.mediafire.com/?vhwew8mvh5x48d0 (Keep in mind that I haven't translated it completely!)

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 21:37

To Phinixa with regards to his question about german support for Universe Colored Map (another script of mine)

i think i found the problem which indeed seems to be related with the use of umlauts.

Pls click the link below and re-download from there, it should extract the german language files now as well for X3 AP / XRM Universe Colored Map
(only added german support for that specific map for now)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=302247

[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP / XRM / XTC Universe Colored Map Version 3.0 dd 25-feb-2013

Pls give it a try, use Cycrows cheatpackage in the mod / scriptsection to check all sectors and comment on the results pls in the Universe Colored Map post

Thanks in advance,

qwizzie

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 4. Jun 13, 23:12

added an optional folder within the Sector Revamped folder on my skydrive which lets you also color asteroids. After scanning it will display seperate colors for ore, silicon and nividium. See pic in that optional folder.

There is a price too pay while using this.. ore as ware will be colored too, thats why i made it an optional installation (the only file that actually got changed here is the t file 9920-L044.xml)

Decide for yourself if you want to use this optional coloring of asteroids.. or not.

qwizzie

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 9. Jun 13, 09:42

- added german support

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 20:55

Hi qwizzie,

I just installed the new version of this in my AP Addon folder, After about an hour of game play in my current game, my frame rate dropped so low I had to wait 10-15 secs for the highlight bar in the menus, to jump 1 space down or up. I turned off the plugin and after about 2 hours my frame rate recovered. Any Ideas?

Also, and this is v minor, when an abandoned ship is coloured, after capture it remains in the same orange colour until it's renamed. The whole name has to be deleted before it will go green and show as one of your own fleet. I have started to keep the colour for TS/TP ships as it sets them apart nicely in my display.

Regards

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 10:08

yeah i noticed it too, could be related with the timer beeing set too fast for the restart of the plugin. i will look into this.

and with regards to your other observation : i noticed that too, thats why i orginally (for myself) in the colored claimable ships used the green color to color claimable ships.. after claiming it would stay green and it wouldnt matter so much. But with the sector revamp i gave the Boron green colors so that wouldnt work anymore. Not sure what i can do about it now to be honest,
best to just rename it as you suggested.

qwizzie

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 11. Jun 13, 16:09

i have made three seperate AL plugins for this script with each a different time-interval :

every 10 seconds an AL plugin will check for claimable ships to color
every 5 minutes an AL plugin will check for race ships to color
every 30 minutes an AL plugin will check for race stations to color.

(You can switch these AL plugins on & off at will).

Hopefully this will get some pressure off the engine and gives better framerates.

pls delete following scripts in your scripts folder:

al.plugin.colored.ships.and.stations.xml
colored.pirates.xml
colored.ships.and.stations

and re-download from first post.

Pls let me know if this helps in the longterm and if you want to change the time intervals yourself they can be changed in the following scrips :

al.colored.claimable.ships.main.xml
line 25 & 26

* interval is 10 seconds
$interval = 10

al.colored.stations.main.xml
line 25 & 26

* interval is 30 minutes
$interval = 30 * 60

al.colored.ships.main.xml
line 25 & 26

* interval is 5 minutes
$interval = 5 * 60

qwizzie

IngeM
x3ap

Post by IngeM » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 17:42

the german file for Sectormap Revamped with astro:

Download

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 18:47

Hi IngeM, thanks for providing this but as it happens i added the german t files for both the Sectormap Revamped & Sectormap Revamped with Asteroids myself yesterday.

Appreciate the thought.. thanks

qwizzie

IngeM
x3ap

Post by IngeM » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 19:16

i know but the ERZ and SILIZIUM was not translated

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Wed, 12. Jun 13, 19:28

yes.. your totally right. Thanks for pointing that out. Will update right away.
Thanks.

qwizzie

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 08:40

Hello

Dude, I found a bug(?) for this plugin. I sent a mail you about the problem with a pic attached. If I hit "v", the keybind you attached this plugin ships's name not uncolored, but deleted...

Check your PM and e-mail.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 22:58

Hi Pimpace,

Uncoloring Ships and Stations in the controls / interface / extensions
is at start not bound to a key. This means that normally you need to bind it to a specific key to make it work. However the profile does tend to sometimes bind a key randomly to the extensions when it gets switched during different gamestarts so that is why it most likely ended up with the v attached to the Uncoloring Ships and Stations in your game.

It is used as part of an uninstall method when should only pressed once !! Pressing it more than once will indeed remove not only the color codes but also letters of station and shipnames.

I suggest you go back to your last save and remove in the controls / interface / extensions the v attached to Uncoloring Ships and Stations in your save game.

See also the second post in which i go more into the uninstall procedure.

I hope you have a recent savegame made and i'm sorry i cant be of more help.

qwizzie

Pimpace
x4

Post by Pimpace » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 12:25

Hey!

Thank you for your fast answer.

Yeah, I figured out that I need my previous save to "fix" this. And I did as you adviced, I un-bind this "v" for this plugin as I don't able to do this accidentally again. ;)

I got what you wrote but this;
"Pressing it more than once will indeed remove not only the color codes but also letters of station and shipnames."
I don't think this is the way it should work. I think if you can do anything to fix this it will be cool.

Anyway, thanks!

Zoltan

tazardar

Post by tazardar » Thu, 8. May 14, 21:10

I tried to uninstall this script, but now all names are messed up. They are all missing their first 5-10 letters. I didn't make a backup save before the uninstall and my last save before is from 5 days ago. Is there any way to get the names right again?

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 9. May 14, 12:29

Hi tazardar, if you see 5 till 10 missing letters that can only mean you pressed the hotkey for uncoloring the stations and ships several times.

First time pressing of the hotkey deletes the colorcodes, more pressing of the hotkey starts deleting more and more letters. There is no way to reverse this. Pls load up your latest savegame and see with post 2 how to uninstall correctly and make sure you only press the hotkey to uncolor the stations and ships once.

tazardar

Post by tazardar » Fri, 9. May 14, 19:43

Yeah, i think thats what i did. I spend the last 3 hours cheating my 5 day old save to where i was. You should probably edit the OP and the second post to make it clear that you can't press the hotkey twice. You should also make it more clear in the OP how severely this can mess up the names.

People starting with mods probably (like me) just open dozens of taps and download the mods that sound good. They probably don't spend that much time reading everything too carefully.

Thanks anyways. I really liked the script at first. I actually just wanted to uninstall the colored sector map because it messed up the search.

eliasjcaball
x3ap

Re: [SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP : Sectormap Revamped 2.1 dd 11-jun-2013

Post by eliasjcaball » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 18:16

fallen links all

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP : Sectormap Revamped 2.1 dd 11-jun-2013

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 18:32

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”