Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whiskiz

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 10:47

So is https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... evelation/ no longer relevant then? Including Revelation+?
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sun, 16. Dec 18, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 15:56

Whiskiz wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 10:47
So is https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... evelation/ no longer relevant then? Including Revelation+?

I'm also trying to wrap my head around replacing the music since we're left to fend for ourselves. I read the LU wiki and i managed to find a mod that apparently reinstates the original 12 combat tracks (because i don't know what i'm doing and that sorts out combat music) 7 of which was apparently used as background music instead in LU. Even though it's only 12 songs, it seems to have replaced the 42 combat soundtrack spaces so i guess that's sorted.

The sector music on the other hand - it says the "File format for sectors: 8XXYY.mp3" and i went through and there are only like 74 files with 8____ in it, but there're more sectors in the universe. Is there meant to be a quick and easy place to find X and Y coords for each sector from somewhere, then do we have to manually add each of them into the soundtrack folder?
The consensus on Phanon Plus appears to be "the last version had gamebreaking bugs, and the current version with the bug fixes hasn't been tested thoroughly enough to officially let it off the hook." After a bit of back and forth I decided to install the latest version and run it through its paces, because it makes Phanon way more challenging and since vanilla LU Phanon only risk me dislocating my jaw due to excessive yawning I'm all for them challenges. So if sh*t hits the fan, so be it.

As for Revelation plus it's a nope, but if you want to speed things up I made a mod (found at the bottom of the LU Wiki's download section) that will make the OCV expand significantly faster. Initial testing showed that they will advance about one sector per ingame day (give or take a few hours), and they are also noticeably less affected by the slowdown you'll see from vanilla OCV as they expand further away from their home sector. If you want to do it yourself it's as simple as increasing the cargo space of the OCV deca.fade from its standard 55-ish (I think) to somewhere between 80 and 90. If you want to you can throw in a slight speed boost as well, but anything above ~630 m/s yields little benefits from what I've seen.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 17:04

So yolo Phantom+ (or not - instead having the base slow, low challenge but working version) and a no-go on Revelation - but can edit or mod in faster progression for the OCV.

Wouldn't it be a problem though, the OCV progression being static while your progression isn't? Even if it's increased. Say a week in and you're making hundreds of millions worth of power each day, meanwhile OCV are still just expanding at a rate of __ (1 sector a day, in this case) I can't see them being a challenge once you've established your end-game and onward as your power and economy continues to rise but theres is the same as it was from the start, unless i'm mistaken.

Can Revelation then be modified to increase progression some over time, too, to help keep up somewhat as the game carries on? And could Phantom be adjusted in the same way, instead of taking the risk of a broken current version, or low challenge base version? Until confirmation of it working.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sat, 15. Dec 18, 20:44, edited 5 times in total.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 17:55

Whiskiz wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 08:40
OneOfMany wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:15
Hey Whiskiz,

if you follow that advice, Litcubes Universe will chew you up and spit you out.

To really get a feel of the sheer magnitude and scale offered by this mod, watch this blokes great series of streams -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFxKXW59dE

Come back after Christmas and let me know how you are doing :)
Haha awesome, will do.

Good to hear then, that those are indeed balanced and/or much needed mechanics.

Edit: Just downloaded but already have a couple questions, even after doing a ton of research online to even play the base game. Figured i'd just edit my last post to save room so hopefully they get seen:

1 - MARS mod - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=398899 dated March this year so pretty updated. Is it as good as it looks? any of it made redundant or no longer compatible, or definitely grab it?
2 - The whole soundtrack debacle. Apparently need a separate installation for the soundtrack but i found no option from the Litcubes download/installer. The only webpages i could find about install steps and the soundtrack are no longer valid. Was that made redundant? Do files still need to be edited to have access to other music? Also, *slips a 20$* what were those song used in beta that you guys can't officially share? :P
Stay away from mars for now just play the game in its vanilla form or add some extras that are sanctioned :)

Follow this:

A

Requirement: I am starting from scratch on a new game

Have a clean install ready. See: Clean Install.
Download the base mod from the downloads page.
Install the base mod to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
Download the latest patch from the downloads page if there is one (there might not be one).
Install the latest patch to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3) if there is one (there might not be one).
Download the soundtrack from the downloads page.
Install the soundtrack to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
Download the latest GUI package from the downloads page.
Install the latest GUI package to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
Start X3, choose New Game -> Your Desired Start (Do NOT choose Damyath Import when beginning a new game!)

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 20:28

Ahh thanks OneofMany, much appreciated.

When i first got Litcubes i googled Litcubes Universe download and got https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=65906 as the main hit.

All the download came with from there was the .exe of V1.71 and V1.72 update, as well as a couple of other random mods at the bottom of the page like Mayhem.

Didn't realize the Litcubes wiki was also used to download the game, including the extras such as Trixx GUI and music.

No wonder i also had trouble tracking down Trixxs UI stuff lol.

Thanks again.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 21:14

Yeah I get ya, you know sometimes I think LU should read Litcubes University :)

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 10:26

So i uninstalled the version of the game i had and followed the full litcubes wiki installation instructions (just in case) including clean install and downloading from GOG under a different directory and am using the modified -language 44 shortcut and the only extra things i have installed are phanon+, alternate gate graphics and the Tship mod (that speeds OCV up some.)

But the pirates, there is something definitely wrong with them.

-Sometimes when i fly past them they don't do anything, even when they're in packs and have the default -3 relation.
-Other times some will halfheartedly shoot at me if i happen to pass in range (but they never come for me, even when being only 5km etc out) and i can pick one enemy off at a time, not being attacked by the others.
-Then to start confirming what i'd been thinking, half the time when i shoot them they play the other races dialogues warning me that if i continue to shoot the teladi (etc) that they'll return fire.
(they are definitely pirates, i check the ship info as well as them being shown as enemy to me, whereas the other races are of course friendly and so don't.)
-I then went to send my TS to a station in another sector, i got him to jump to the nearest gate as 6 pirates came through the gate (lol) and they were the only things there. Still, both parties flew on their merry way to where they needed to go.

After all of the above, i'm convinced something isn't quite right.

Ever come across this before? Did i mess something up somehow still?

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:56

If you think that's off wait till you do a few combat missions for them when your rep is high enough. I went from -1 to 5 for one combat mission. It happens on some combat missions when you take a patrol sector against Xenon.

Get to -2 and set pirates to friendly, they all turn white and only very few mission spawns will be red.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 20:24

LU has you starting with pirates at the borderline neutral reputation, they shouldn't be shooting at you if you don't do anything to further aggravate them (like most combat missions from stations that require you to shoot pirates). If you avoid those missions and other things that would further damage the reputation then they should stay neutral. At some point you can start to increase reputation with them by destroying their enemies in their space (like Xenon). In my last LU game (linked Youtube series in my signature) I got to reputation 9 I think simply from trading and destroying some Xenon with a ring of fire lasertower setup.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 08:01

That also makes sense, cheers.

I was wondering if it was a reputation thing but i figured the starting default -3 was far enough from neutral to send into active aggression mode from the get-go. When i swore they were more aggressive in my last installation, i think i was actually -4 with them at the time so maybe that's why. That's pretty awesome if they become more aggressive and more of a threat the more they dislike you. (It makes sense of course, i just didn't think higher rep would tweak AI aggression and stuff like that - too used to todays games where it doesn't mean much beyond just them really hating you lol.)

What about sometimes when other races' voice dialogues play about not shooting Teladi etc anymore or they'll return fire? Is it just no unique pirate dialogue but they still need a warning when you're only borderline hated? Odd.

I completely removed everything again and reinstalled for the 3rd or 4th time last night. The most painful part is rebinding 30 keys every time haha. Played the first 12 hours a couple times and getting a good hold on early game at least. Kinda sucks cause the last playthrough was 9 hours in and i had 50million - no buildings but had been salvaging, combat missions and had just found an abandoned Corvette for 21mil.

I'd also considered befriending the priates to keep the galaxy/universe that much safer on the empire, so then started destroying random races' ships in pirate sectors in my first (early) playthrough, but then i thought about it and figured there isn't much Xenon presence for a long time, Phanon also no threat for a long time - with the mod being focused on late game, i felt befriending the pirates would make combat missions no longer viable and feels like it would remove most combat and challenge within the first week/early game.

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:07

I try to add a costum ship to litcubes universe.....

Maybe someone can help.

1. I started slow with the help of this: viewtopic.php?p=3870833#3870833 see: Detailed Instructions for installing the Colossus Prototype M0
I opened 14.cat in addon folder with X3 Editor 2 and added the lines from pastebin(see Ship Tricks thread) at the end of the TShips.txt also incremented the number by one to 455. Saved and overwrite.
If i open the TShips.txt file with the T file editor, i can see the ship there: Colossus Prototype.

2. Started litcubes, new game, cheat package, create ship, cant find Colossus Prototype....

If i get this with your help to work, where would i put dds and objects files from a downloaded xsp ship file? In this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... tom_ships/ they seem to just copy both files into addon folder....

thanks!
Last edited by respaekt on Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:26, edited 2 times in total.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:32

respaekt

What cheat package?

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 08:06

Cycrows Cheat Package, like in the ship tricks post described.

viewtopic.php?t=216691

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 11:51

respaekt wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:07
I try to add a costum ship to litcubes universe.....

Maybe someone can help.

1. I started slow with the help of this: viewtopic.php?p=3870833#3870833 see: Detailed Instructions for installing the Colossus Prototype M0
I opened 14.cat in addon folder with X3 Editor 2 and added the lines from pastebin(see Ship Tricks thread) at the end of the TShips.txt also incremented the number by one to 455. Saved and overwrite.
If i open the TShips.txt file with the T file editor, i can see the ship there: Colossus Prototype.

2. Started litcubes, new game, cheat package, create ship, cant find Colossus Prototype....

If i get this with your help to work, where would i put dds and objects files from a downloaded xsp ship file? In this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... tom_ships/ they seem to just copy both files into addon folder....

thanks!
Got the solution from Cycrow:
You can still use the plugin manager to install the ships. The biggest issue is the scripts that come with it.

if you go into the Plugin Manager install directory, and delete (or move) everything from the "Required" directory. This will then not install any of the required scripts, and should prevent any issues

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 12:08

should probably point out, that by removing the required scripts, then if you uninstall ships, they wont be purged fully from the games. This shouldn't be too much of a problem if you dont uninstall alot of ships

Fnord Lightbringer
x4

Wildly fluctuating rep

Post by Fnord Lightbringer » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:10

I seem to be losing race rep as soon as I fly into a pirate sector.
If I have the race rep status screen open, I can actually see my race rep dwindle over time.
It's not all races, I think, but I noticed it's the ones I had semi good rep with.

Is this intentional or did I break my game installation with my lame modding attempts?

It does not happen the same in all sectors. I noticed it really bad in Hatikvah's, which at the time had a large fleet in there.

Thx!

Oh BTW I'm also losing pirate rep, not just the regular races.

EDIT: It was my lame modding! I put in an AI plugin that auto-freight-scanned ships. And apparently it through, since this is a pirate sector, it could do that. Well it could not. Which brings me to a followup question. Why would the pirates take offense if someone gets their freight scanned? I thought that's how they make their money? I noticed the Scan action says "Scan (illegal)" in pirate sectors. Uhm. OK? So ... where do I get the police license that allows me to freight scan away legally?

kizito
xr

Post by kizito » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 23:36

I've been trying to find some info on this but most of it is old and I'm unsure if it's reliable.
Can you sell weapons/equipment to docks that don't sell them? I've been reading you can, but before I bother making a complex to do this I'd like to know for sure. If not, is market saturation something I even need to worry about? And if so how do I avoid it?

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 22:37

kizito wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 23:36
I've been trying to find some info on this but most of it is old and I'm unsure if it's reliable.
Can you sell weapons/equipment to docks that don't sell them? I've been reading you can, but before I bother making a complex to do this I'd like to know for sure. If not, is market saturation something I even need to worry about? And if so how do I avoid it?
You as a player can't but station and dock agents used to be able to do this, not sure if Litcube patched it out. I'm sure someone will remember.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 04:09

@fnord: reputation drops over time, this is part of original X3. The reason why you're unlikely to see it for high levels of reputation is because the reputation score required for a high level is much higher than a lower level, meaning that the constant drop in reputation is more likely to show a change in levels on lower levels when you monitor it closely.

@kizito: No, I don't think you have an easy way to get rid of those. Try selling a ship at a shipyard that has in its cargo hold all the stuff you want to get rid of, see if that works. And yes, you should worry about market saturation and plan for it, that's why there's the Market Capacities screen. It's easy enough to diversify your production.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 13:47

Trying to wrap my head around stations/SCH and transportation to, from and around them.

I accidentally bought some stations with my SCH, not knowing you need specific ones for a specific SCH setup (as well as apparently buying a SCH much too big for my current economy to establish - a 010XL) so i'm trying to make use of the stations i bought and the millions i put into them: a solar plant, silican mine, ore mine and crystal fab. The basics. The thing is until i get them up and running i'm going to constantly need to ferry wares both between the stations and purchased from other stations, so:

1 - is there a way for a single ship to transport wares between stations as well as buy/sell to/from?

2 - if not, is there at least a way for a single ship to buy and sell only but for multiple stations?

It'd be great to not have to need a TS for each and every station to buy/sell to/from until they get up and running. It's such a basic setup, but that would then mean spending tens of millions more on multiple TS ships just to transport for each of the stations in such a simple setup, in the early stages. Or sitting there needing to repeatedly micromanage a TS every 3min of gameplay for an hour or so.

Also, I had a level 18 UT that after 12 or so hours was -300k profit (after resetting the trade report when going to UT, after purchasing all applicable equipment for it) its ST gross profit was similarly negative. I also have 5 M3 miners that cost 6mil each that have barely made 1 million total, from mining in a couple of hours at least. I see station construction rewards nets maybe 500k - 1mil at most, if you're lucky in finding missions that give that much between station cost and mission reward.

But then you can make 1mil - 5mil on average in 5min, repeatedly, from abandoned ships and damaged NPC ships after repairing/selling them. Higher for good ships like good TS and Throw in the odd insta 15mil - 20mil for an abandoned M6.

The economy seems extremely borked because of the above mechanic, makes ship-mining and ST/UT completely redundant at the very least. After buying a TL and the 5 M3 and figuring out how and where to equip them, how to get them mining and how to make a TL a carrier - it felt like a complete waste of time (same with UT) instead of an awesome feeling from learning how and being able to set that all up. Going to need to add some lootboxes for a sense of pride and accomplishment around here :P

Just doesn't seem to be much of a point engaging with most of the empire depth in this mod when the best way to make money - by far, is to just semi-AFK repair and sell ships all day from the very start. The massive amount of investment needed for such paltry passive income otherwise, just isn't worth it.

Which isn't very fun nor engaging after the first 100.

Edit: After going over my trade report on my UT, to make sure what i was saying was accurate, i found it spent 1.2mil on fighter drones - with that factored in though that's still barely 1mil profit in around 12 hours so while it makes a little more sense, the point is still accurate.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Fri, 21. Dec 18, 22:54, edited 11 times in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”