Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 11:18

Yes, it has everything it needs. I got 4 Heavy Dragons, 3 of them jump like they should, the 4th stands his ground for no reason

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 15:35

Do you give him enough love?

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 23:15

So my understanding LU More targeted to vet players. I tend to not do much combat in Vanilla and such and just trade, etc.

I like the idea of LU but not so much for losing the entire systems, etc or at least not so fast. I'm wondering if there is any addons that adjusts it to make it a tad easier for us who are considered slow and I don't me seta 10x afk a month but just really slow at things likes doing more things by hand at first slowly working at it but enjoying the fun.

I would really enjoy a slower / easier version if it's possible.

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 09:59

Kane Hart wrote:So my understanding LU More targeted to vet players. I tend to not do much combat in Vanilla and such and just trade, etc.

I like the idea of LU but not so much for losing the entire systems, etc or at least not so fast. I'm wondering if there is any addons that adjusts it to make it a tad easier for us who are considered slow and I don't me seta 10x afk a month but just really slow at things likes doing more things by hand at first slowly working at it but enjoying the fun.

You can turn Phenon and OCV on/off anytime if you don't want to deal with them right from the beginning.

Besides, their progression in vanilla LU is pretty slow. I'm at 2.5 days in my current game and OCV took only 2 sectors so far. There are 7 sectors more to go between them and Bluish Snout, so I expect that I'll have more than enough firepower to push them off by the time they get close to 'regular' commonwealth space.
Same deal with Phenon- their first subsidiary is really weak and slow at gaining wealth and they don't attack any of my assets. They only react if I'm starting to attack their stations.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 20:13

The OCV isn't a huge threat if you know how to stall them: simply play your style as you want, although getting a TL as early as possible for the station building missions is a good bet. After you got ~350 million credits, you have won against the OCV: buy 720 lasertowers, load them into your TL and create a ring of fire around the last commonwealth-owned system gate to the OCV. Done, threat completely neutralized. Just make sure that you are in the same sector as your lasertowers when OCV ships come pouring in. The M2 and M7 don't stand a chance against 720 lasertowers, and the smaller ships aren't a huge thread for the sector defense.

Usually this happens for me after the OCV got around five sectors, then I get my 350 million - problem solved.

And simply ignore the Phanon corporation completely, they won't do anything subtantial.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 03:30

Kane Hart wrote:So my understanding LU More targeted to vet players. I tend to not do much combat in Vanilla and such and just trade, etc.
I didn't play much X3AP (actually at all) before I played with LU. I did finish the campaigns in X3TC/X3R but that's about it.

I would say the recommendation of LU being for vets doesn't come from some kind of raised difficulty of the game but rather that playing X3AP+LU won't give you the vanilla experience (for one it doesn't have any of the plots). So if you're looking to experience that part of the vanilla game, don't play with this mod.

Both enemies added by LU (Phanon and OCV) are very slow and really not an issue as long as you work at your game (ie always trying to make some money, do some missions, collect ships, build stations/complexes, build a trading fleet, etc). Combined with the fact that almost anyone else will start neutral to you (you can pretty easily even become neutral to pirates in LU) it's not that much of a dangerous universe. Yes, you will lose the game if you like keeping X3 running all night on SETA 10x waiting for 2-3 UT traders to make you billions. But otherwise it's such a slow paced advance of those enemies that lots of people feel its way too slow (and look for more challenge by playing Mayhem or install Phanon+/Revelation+ mods). I would say don't worry about it at all, just explore the universe and try to build an empire at your own pace and if you see some Phanon ship, hey, free loot/shooting exercise! If you do find the OCV... stay away, unless you like to see how quickly you can die :)

Also, in LU you can disable both the Phanon and the OCV at any time in the game (it's in the game options).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 03:33

Lone Machete wrote:Yes, it has everything it needs. I got 4 Heavy Dragons, 3 of them jump like they should, the 4th stands his ground for no reason
Hmm no idea then. But AFAIK the MLCC "retreat" order is simply a regular move command for most ships (unless they're damaged or for carriers that lost fighters or have damaged fighters) to get to their home base. Being a regular move to station command it will apply the same algorithm that any other move command does, taking into consideration the jumpdrive/autojump/autojump range/cargo energy cells conditations and making a jump if possible. Can you order that Dragon to get to its home station manually and when doing so does it jump to the destination sector? If it doesn't, do the other ships jump when ordered to get to their homebase using a regular command (not MLCC)?
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 11:01

Don't worry about it, the enemies are very slow to progress. Invest a little time to destroy all the Phanon traders, and you'll be alright.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 12:56

Would it be possible to change the way SCHs work so that one size would fit all and the operational size could be changed through a menu of sorts for each SCH, refunding and/or deducting money from the player as needed to still equal the cost that a change in size would normally take without having to sell the old one and buy a whole new one?

I don't claim to know scripting or the game's technical limitations very well, but the first issue off the top of my head would be how to handle buying them and selling the actual station objects from TLs through vanilla commands, without letting the player just buy and slap down a bunch of 1Cr or free stations they can't even operate. It could be an upgrade system of sorts and the base cost of the new unified SCH would be the same as a 5x SCH.

Or in other words, there would only be 1 SCH available to buy and it would come pre-configured as and cost the same as a 5x, but through the SCH menu it could be upgraded/downgraded and cost/refund credits through that depending on what level of production is selected. Credits could be deducted/credited in a similar way to however the ship software outfitting at HQ handles it. I think you can also modify the hull/shields via script commands too, can't you?

I guess this is more of an idea/suggestion than a question.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 14:23

All prices / max. storage / production yield / production cycle, etc. depends on 1 parameter called the "relative value". This relative value cannot be changed via scripting, and in order to make the game understand what an SCH is, it has to come in different size. Increasing the size of a factory is a way to scale this "relative value" properly without messing things up.

If all parameters were modifiable, you would have sees dozens of scripts with a factory upgrades system on this forum.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 14:27

Joubarbe wrote:All prices / max. storage / production yield / production cycle, etc. depends on 1 parameter called the "relative value". This relative value cannot be changed via scripting, and in order to make the game understand what an SCH is, it has to come in different size. Increasing the size of a factory is a way to scale this "relative value" properly without messing things up.

If all parameters were modifiable, you would see dozens of scripts with a factory upgrades system.
Ooooh I see. I should've known it wouldn't be so simple. I had never even thought about how there is no such thing for even the vanilla game.

Thanks for explaining that to me.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 16:37

Either this is sort of a major bug, or I'm not understanding something here. I just noticed that according to the Saturn Complex Hub screens and station info, they don't seem to account for the resource cost of a ware if said ware is the SCH's output product.

For example, in the image below for this 400x Energy Cell SCH, the Resource requirement of Energy Cells is 2,887,200. The Produced amount of Energy Cells is listed as 6,221,250.

Full size: https://i.imgur.com/jDIZohA.png

6,221,250 minus the resource requirement of 2,887,200 does equal the listed Surplus of 3,334,050. However, the Energy Cell SCH doesn't output the remaining surplus of 3,334,050, it outputs the full production value of 6,221,250 E-Cells an hour or 221,200 a batch as confirmed via the station info screen for the SCH. Shouldn't it be outputting the surplus since the resource Energy Cells are the ones being spent in the process of creating the others?

It seems to act this way for other SCHs as well that have a final product that is also an intermediate resource.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 20:44

Yup. Major bug.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 20:49

I think the guarantee has expired a long time ago...

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 22:06

Is it a known bug that the Aamon doesn't show up in the "my property" screen? Or have I screwed up something but good?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 22:09

Turn off "hide in property menu". I think.

Quixotic-Neutral
x3tc

Post by Quixotic-Neutral » Mon, 2. Apr 18, 22:13

Crap, thanks. As suspected, I screwed something up.

Ignore me. i r n00b.

(All I wanted was an order completed notice.... was that too much to ask?)

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 09:10

The SCH thing seems like it might be tricky to change what with the way they're all currently balanced to output the same percentage of ship building materials (aside from Energy Cells, at least in 500% suns) compared to how much is needed. If there's anything I might be able to do, I'd be happy to help out.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 18:31

How do I use the "Market Capacity" and "Market Averages" to increase my profit? For example, I see medical equipment with a total of 13 billion profit in the capacity section. Does that mean that I should build a Medical Equipment SCH to be able to make a large profit?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”