Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Re: Freezes around Xenon fleets

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:47

kecin25 wrote:So I have started a new run through the game and now a few min after my save the game keeps freezing. I fly to a sector with a Xenon J, Q, P, and a few smaller crafts of theirs. The game freezes but the sounds keep going and get stuck on a loop. My task manager says the game is not responding. I am about 4 in game days in and about 23 hours of IRL time in the game and I can' get it to stop freezing, Ive tried creating a new export and importing it. I've tried to reinstall the mod but nothing I've tried works. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this issue?
Got any mods installed?

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:50

Besides the Litcube Mod, no I do not

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 21:58

Please try the following: go to the script editor (console, then S), then to the global tasks menu; highlight Gbl.StockExchange and hit "delete", then confirm. Do the same thing for !shield.stock.terran (or something like that).

It's more an experiment than a fix, but developing Mayhem, I came to the impression than one of these scripts is bugged.

Still, if an E/I is not helping, that's really weird.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 22:08

Joubarbe wrote:Please try the following: go to the script editor (console, then S), then to the global tasks menu; highlight Gbl.StockExchange and hit "delete", then confirm. Do the same thing for !shield.stock.terran (or something like that).

It's more an experiment than a fix, but developing Mayhem, I came to the impression than one of these scripts is bugged.

Still, if an E/I is not helping, that's really weird.
This seemed to have worked! it was station.shield something but I was able to find it and delete it! thankyou for helping!

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 22:16

Ok so it did not actually work, It just prolonged it. What happened when it froze is a Xenon C was in firing distance of my TL and I'm guessing shot it with some game breaking gun. But also a fleet of Xenon ships appeared, at the same time, consisting of 3 Xenon L, 12 Xenon M, 7 Xenon N. Only way I can give you the numbers is because it froze while I was looking at my sector map

asdx
x4

Post by asdx » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 11:33

*FACEPALMS* :evil: :o

Well I tried out the Tern after loading it with 10 Falcon Sentinels loaded with PBG's. It mulches Corvettes and slow fighters like a chainsaw through wood. Buuuuut, I just lost it after I came out of a gate next to a M2. It turned slightly to the right and blew me up.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 02:43

kecin25 wrote:Ok so it did not actually work, It just prolonged it.
That looping-sound freeze indicates a script stuck in an infinite loop. I recently added an option to the X3 Customizer that forces on script infinite loop detection (eg. too many operations done in a single time step), which could help isolate the problem script if you were interested in trying that.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 05:40

I will look into it tomorrow! will it work with an existing save or do I need to restart? (willing to restart but it will take me a while to get back to the point where the problem occurs)

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 06:19

Intended use is for an existing save, backing it up to be returned to later once the problem script is isolated and fixed. If your freeze is regular, hopefully that won't take long.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 20:33

OK, so I downloaded it and extracted it but I can't run the bat file for some reason. Would you please be so kind to give me step by step on how to find what I am looking for?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:06

It is a command line tool. If you shift-right click in the folder in windows explorer, it gives a shortcut for opening a command prompt there (at least on windows 7), otherwise run cmd and path to there.

You can edit the input_scripts\Example_Transforms.py file to set the path to your game installation, remove the 3 example transforms, and add in "Force_Infinite_Loop_Detection()". In the command prompt, run the tool with "Launch_X3_Customizer input_scripts\Example_Transforms.py" (or whatever you named your copy of that file).

When you want to remove the change and play normally again, either comment out Force_Infinite_Loop_Detection and rerun the tool, or run with the -clean flag.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:24

OK so I was able to get ride of the three examples and put in the force loop detection. But every time I try to open the Bat it will open then instantly close. What am I doing wrong?

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:35

The bat file just redirects to the executable; it still needs to be run from the command line to be given the path to the input script to run.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:37

ahhh ok I got it, thank you. I will reply again when it has found the script

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:48

Ok so it froze and I had the script running but it kept saying "attempting to run..."
and then "successfully ran..."
and while typing this it started to play again and then froze again. so now it will freeze for a min, play for 1 second and then freeze again

Edit: tried again and the script did not work and the game stayed frozen
Last edited by kecin25 on Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 21:51

Not the appropriate thread gentlemen.

And when you develop an end-user product, you don't distribute a Python command line tool.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 22:21

Kecin, when an infinitely looping script is detected, the game should send a message saying the script was killed off, giving the name and some additional numbers. Did you manage to catch anything like that?
Joubarbe wrote:Not the appropriate thread gentlemen.
If you want us to hunt down freezing LU scripts elsewhere, I don't mind doing it in the customizer thread. Kecin, you are free to post further questions or observations over there.
Last edited by SirNukes on Fri, 24. Aug 18, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 22:30

I was not. I will try again and see if I can catch it but last time it froze again to fast for me to catch it

so my save got corrupted some how...

kecin25
x4

Post by kecin25 » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 20:52

I found the script that was causing m game to freeze

!fight.attack.object.std:217:4:0:65764478:0: hidden goto label -1610571767 RefObj: Xenon J (XM1UX-10), env=Zyarth's Dominion

Is the script that kept freezing my game. Is there anyway to fix this where it does not break my save?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 22:17

A freeze on this script is unlikely. At least, what I mean, is that it's probably not the real cause, just a symptom.

You should (re)try an E/I, or a fresh install.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”