Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ultizz
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Ultizz » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 17:52

Is the wiki down for anyone else? Just decided to jump into this mod.

GamerKurisu
x3ap

Post by GamerKurisu » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 23:57

How do I install this? Also wiki is down for me too :(

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 05:19

Apologies all, no idea what happened. The wiki's back up now.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Wonderful
xr

Post by Wonderful » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 12:48

Noticed such a problem. I gave the command to attack the station to my wing of 5 M6 + 1 TM. Most ships moving around the station, only occasionally attacking her, and all have 95-100% of the energy reserves. Does everyone have it?
https://youtu.be/UVyAfBufbvk

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 15:15

Oh noez! Problem. Installed. Fresh AP install, then LU and the patch.

All seems to work exept there is a "static noise" on the menu background. Quite loud too.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 16:27

Litcube added that in the last patch. Comes with the "everything explodes when you change sector".

wultna
x3tc

Post by wultna » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:29

Installed LU exactly like on wiki is discribed. Created a directory on c:, copied from steamapps in the directory, overwrote the x3ap.exe with the no steam version 3.3, installed LU 1.7.1 with base directory c:\x3ap, installed the 1.7.2 update in base directory, installed soundtrack in base directory and installed gui. Problem is that i got neither betty speech when clicking/choosing on some object where betty should say something nor am I able to see the geometry of jumpgates like to see in screenshot. whats wrong here? got amd graphic card, maybe a problem here?
[ external image ]
thax

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:52

Ok, got going. PAC forge in ringo-moon, nice and safe... How do i make my TS buy wares for the station? I remember it being under the "trade" in vanilla and was it "freighter" in LU? But Freighter doesnt do anything... Just sits in dock. I did transfer money

wultna
x3tc

Post by wultna » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:55

Ok. I fixed" the sound problem by installing the english localiziation. Sound is now fine but gates stays hidden. When not using nosteam X3AP.exe from version 3.0 but using nosteam 3.3 X3AP.exe I got an error message when starting the game. With both versions the problem with missing gates persists. Error message is:
[ external image ]
thanx

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 18:12

Ugly gates is a feature.

Exe error is not a real one. addon\t\8379... to fix

Code: Select all

<t id="10001">3.3</t>

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 23:39

wultna wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:29
Installed LU exactly like on wiki is discribed. Created a directory on c:, copied from steamapps in the directory, overwrote the x3ap.exe with the no steam version 3.3, installed LU 1.7.1 with base directory c:\x3ap, installed the 1.7.2 update in base directory, installed soundtrack in base directory and installed gui. Problem is that i got neither betty speech when clicking/choosing on some object where betty should say something nor am I able to see the geometry of jumpgates like to see in screenshot. whats wrong here? got amd graphic card, maybe a problem here?
Gates have been removed in LU because of too many collision problems. Have you created a shortcut to the game executable with the language being set to English per the instructions below and are running the game from that?
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eanInstall
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

ion_cannon_1
xr

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 03:14

It's been a while since I been here, but I'm wondering if there is any major changes to LU, or any new major mods for it in the last year or two? Seeing that X4 is nearing I suddenly have a craving...

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 11:01

ion_cannon_1 wrote:
Wed, 24. Oct 18, 03:14
It's been a while since I been here, but I'm wondering if there is any major changes to LU, or any new major mods for it in the last year or two? Seeing that X4 is nearing I suddenly have a craving...
Definitely check out Mayhem (even if you played it two years ago; it's changed a lot).
It's the "4X" X4 many of us wanted Egosoft to make for us since a long time ago. Joubarbe was crazy enough (and obviously idle enough) to step in.
It's a major mod on top of a major mod. Not for the faint of heart.

ion_cannon_1
xr

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 20:13

I was just looking at mayhem, I'm pretty tempted to try it.

Also, apparently gates are no longer a thing now? Does every ship come equipped with jump drives now or something?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 14:20

QUESTION: "requirments" for tug?

What ship do i need to be the actual tug? What is the smallest one that can do it and what softwares do i need on it?
EDIT: do i need a "player HQ" or a shipyard?

I have tons of ships bought as used, but i only have a weapons-complex i'd like to tow them to, there i can fix em and then sell em. They are now scattered all over the universe.

EDIT2: Was "marine repairs" part of LU by default? If yes, do they need certain level of skill-X to do things?

Cardoyle
x3ap

Post by Cardoyle » Sat, 27. Oct 18, 15:47

swatti wrote:
Thu, 25. Oct 18, 14:20
QUESTION: "requirments" for tug?

What ship do i need to be the actual tug? What is the smallest one that can do it and what softwares do i need on it?
EDIT: do i need a "player HQ" or a shipyard?

It needs to be a ship which can allow the ships being tugged to be docked, the smallest is probably a TM which can TUG home M3 M4 or M5. Special Command software is needed for it to do it and also a homebase

cxz7410
x4

Post by cxz7410 » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 11:26

Hi,
Is there any guide about how to edit the laser values in Litcube's universe?

Thanks in advance

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 15:38

Hi,
I might be coming back to play LU . I feel that Saturn Hub are a bit overpowered, after spawning a few of these(the big 400 ones) you essentially are rich and no need to struggle anymore to make money. Am i playing the game wrong? is there any alternative to Saturn hubs?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”