Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 10. Jun 18, 20:06

When was the last time you read through the LU wiki? Cause it's also already explained in there.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Uncle Benis
x4

Post by Uncle Benis » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 11:44

I remember litcube mentioning a "next update" on multiple occasions, does a time frame for release exist already or are we betting on Duke for now?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 23:21

Hey all :)

I started playing again recently and have been having a blast as usual. However, I have a query if anyone can help...

Very luckily a Skirnir bailed during a fight with some Pirates and I got to it before the salvage crews. It had 200 or so of the Ghoul light - anti-fighter - missile as well as the heavier Shadow missile.

After I'd got it up to spec, equipped and shielded I had a play around with it. I set one Missile Turret to attack capitals and the other to attack fighters. However, it appears to always use its most powerful missile - the Shadow - against all targets. Is there any way to have it behave more sensibly? Most of my heavy missiles got spammed vs Fighters. Sure, they were very effective, but I'd rather the lighter missiles got used first.

Is there some setting / equipment option I'm missing perhaps? I've noticed AI M7M's behave similarly, only launching their lighter missiles once the heavies are gone.

Note: I'm aware I just *just* equip the light missiles, but that's not really the point, I'd like this ship to be multi-role without re-equipping each time.

All advice welcome :)

Scoob.

AdriPL
x3ap

Post by AdriPL » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 01:23

Check MLCC page at Litcube's Universe Wiki. There is feature which perfectly match your needs.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 14:12

AdriPL wrote:Check MLCC page at Litcube's Universe Wiki. There is feature which perfectly match your needs.
Thanks for the tip. I'm sorta a bit too early-game currently, not having an appropriate dock for the Skirnir in order for MLCC to be set up. My query was more asking about a more basic solution, but I guess there isn't one.

Ah well, not to worry, I just need to work up the rep to get an appropriate station :)

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 01:03

Another question, if anyone can help...

The Anti-Fighter Ghoul Missile my M7M uses looks like a multi-warhead missile judging by its Icon and the fact that it's M7M only. However, every volley my Skirnir fires uses lots of Missiles.

When using the larger Shadow Missile, the missile count goes down much less per volley fired, yet multiple warheads are still seen.

When one 45k cr missile has multiple warheads, it makes it fairly effective cost-wise, however I'm spamming through missiles at an alarming rate currently. Considering it takes between 2-5 of these missiles to take out one M3 fighter, depending on hull and shielding...

Note: out of interest I have the "Types" folder extracted, so I could poke around to see what's going on... I might just do that. Anyone else noticed this oddity with the Ghoul missile?

Edit: I just checked with X3 Editor 2 and neither the Ghoul or the Shadow are showing as Multi-warhead. Interestingly, neither is the Wasp, which does fire multiple warheads...most odd.

Edit 2: Perhaps I'm just miss-remembering how these missile work....or I've gotten myself confused from using another mod. I suspect M7M's are designed to be VERY costly as they're hugely OP vs. anything when in-sector...

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 07:57

In X3 Editor, multi warheads missiles are noted with the "Fragmentation" checkbox. That is indeed the case for Wasps, Ghouls and Shadows.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 20:01

Yes, M7Ms could be OP against capitals because the enemy isn't using countermeasures that well (although LU has added Chaff and Missile Defense Only for missile turrets that should effectively counter missile spam but I haven't noticed OCV or Phanon making much use of that). There's a bit of balance against missile spam from the fact that missiles cost a lot and/or require some significant investments to produce large quantities of them.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 20:04

Joubarbe wrote:In X3 Editor, multi warheads missiles are noted with the "Fragmentation" checkbox. That is indeed the case for Wasps, Ghouls and Shadows.
Thanks for the clarification... however, why do the Ghoul missiles on my Skirnir not break into separate warheads then?

The Skirnir has 2 x 8 missile tubes and, if I turn one off, it fires 8 missiles each salvo and uses 8 missiles from inventory, as you'd expect. The 8 missiles then form a circle and spiral towards their target, they do not become multiple separate warheads.

I'll watch again closely next time I fire up the game, but the 8 missiles launched do not break up into separate munitions.

It's not a huge deal, but when you expect a missile to break into several warheads each doing a set amount of damage the missile looks like ok value. When however you realise that you're not getting a damage multiplier in this way they become...well, not great.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 20:06

memeics wrote:Yes, M7Ms could be OP against capitals because the enemy isn't using countermeasures that well (although LU has added Chaff and Missile Defense Only for missile turrets that should effectively counter missile spam but I haven't noticed OCV or Phanon making much use of that). There's a bit of balance against missile spam from the fact that missiles cost a lot and/or require some significant investments to produce large quantities of them.
The M8 class - which has very effective anti-missile potential of course - is a very rare sight in my game. Additionally, while I see ships with CCDS (usually Mk1) installed, these ships don't appear to be any better protected. Perhaps they're running out of Chaff.

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 22:11

I don't get it. I've tried to install this mod on MS-DOS, and it gives me an error. Help me please.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 23:47

Ensure that you are running the latest MS-DOS version, I believe that's 6.22.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 05:18

So i installed LU and:

- it throw up error that exe is not right, but after yes it goes into game ? Is it normal ?
- Why x360pad buttons and color coding is removed from LU ? It uses AP so it should have those... Or is it due to ****** up install.

edit:

So i have read more about it. It looks like LU is made with previous version of Albion Prelude in mind while egosoft updated AP.

Is it safe to play LU ? Is there any update on horizon ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 10:39

Scoob wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:In X3 Editor, multi warheads missiles are noted with the "Fragmentation" checkbox. That is indeed the case for Wasps, Ghouls and Shadows.
Thanks for the clarification... however, why do the Ghoul missiles on my Skirnir not break into separate warheads then?

The Skirnir has 2 x 8 missile tubes and, if I turn one off, it fires 8 missiles each salvo and uses 8 missiles from inventory, as you'd expect. The 8 missiles then form a circle and spiral towards their target, they do not become multiple separate warheads.
if the missiles are spiraling around, then they do break off, as thats the swarm behavior.

whats most likely happening is that missiles are stacked on top of each other.

if you fire 8 none swarm missiles, you will probably find that it looks like only 1 has fired

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 20. Jun 18, 19:04

Swarm missiles also don't go into their spiral formation if the target is very close.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:26

Yeah, something weird was happening for sure.

I think they must have been occupying the same space, as I'd see 8 missiles exit of of the missile banks, then 8 missiles spinning to the target - they must have been overlapping somehow.

When my ship is firing at a more distant target - as I tested last night - I can see what looks like one set of missiles (8 warheads) spinning towards the target. Only when really close, and the missiles appear to scatter, are there a lot more warheads visible.

This became very clear when my Skirnir quickly finished off some fighters then targetted the Xenon J that launched them. The individual warheads were indeed overlapping as they approached the target in formation, so to speak, but when they broke up and actually started hitting the target there were loads of them.

So, looks like the missiles are working as planned, but visually they're overlapping perfectly. Never noticed this behaviour before, but then I rarely use M7M's as I consider them a little OP. Getting this one free - a very lucky early-game bail - already stuffed with missiles lead to me playing around more than usual.

Basically Cycrow, you nailed it - that was exactly the issue :)

Scoob.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Fri, 22. Jun 18, 02:15

Hi everyone.

How can i check my ST/UT traders level in Litecube Universe ?
I can't find any option to do that... Not in info about shup or in commands...

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Fri, 22. Jun 18, 05:15

Perkel wrote:Hi everyone.

How can i check my ST/UT traders level in Litecube Universe ?
I can't find any option to do that... Not in info about shup or in commands...
The pilot's name will have his trader rank (a number) and title.

So it will be [5] Courier Blah Blah.... or similar.

Perkel
x4

Post by Perkel » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:06

Thanks,

Looks like LU doesn't jive well with 3.3 version of AP. My UT is clearly lvl 13 has jumpdrive and fuel but he never uses it. Looks like a bug :(

Does anyone have such problem as me ?

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 00:17

Perkel wrote:Thanks,

Looks like LU doesn't jive well with 3.3 version of AP. My UT is clearly lvl 13 has jumpdrive and fuel but he never uses it. Looks like a bug :(

Does anyone have such problem as me ?
u have to turn the usage of the JD on in the command console of ur ut!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”