Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 14:22

I sat down last night with the game and my notebook ready to draw up some plans for fleet composition and production requirements and stuff. After hours of scribbling and horrible attempts at math I realized that all of my ridiculous overkill 400x SCHs weren't just overkill, they were inefficient in usage of Silicon as well, up to like, 150% coverage in Silicon, whereas a 300x in that situation would give near 100%. This made me check all of them and I noticed several others at 120% that weren't even at 400x.

I knew that I had an overabundance of certain resources, but seeing that nearly broke my wrist from the resulting facepalm. Now I have to rebuild like 30 SCHs because of my stupidity so I can get more out of the limited silicon and ore and actually use these 50 something billion credits to benefit to the universe.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 21:54

The way I do it to find "ideal" sizes of SCH is trying to find the smallest size SCH of the type I'm interested in that doesn't result in almost any surplus. I start with say SCH50 and then go down or up in steps of 5 (because 5 factories of some type are served with one food factory of size L) until I hit something that only uses L factories and XXL (or close to XXL) solar power plant. Then once I found that magic SCH number I simply multiply it by 2/3/etc (as long as it results in a <SCH400, since we cannot have larger than those) and use that.

Notes:
- finding the "magic" number in one sector doesn't mean it applies in other sectors because the solar production depends on sun intensity which varies with each sector
- the "magic" number of some types of SCH (like high end weapon/missile production) works for a range of similar products
- this all could be automated of course with some smart coding but hey, where's the fun in that :D
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 04:57

Good morning guys, i was already searching and Googled about what SCH Produkt is the most profitable one, i read alot about Massdrivers BUT no One ever said, if they are using the Argon or Split one in fact that the Argon also produces ammunition, or am i wrong? Sorry for my noob question but in the Moment im not able to Start my Game and lookup the diffrence between Them, im on work trip, also the prices, so i was wondering if some of you nice helping guys could help me out so that i can directly start trough when im back home? Sorry for my well Not Perfect englisch, im from Germany ^^

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 07:13

Freenan wrote:Good morning guys, i was already searching and Googled about what SCH Produkt is the most profitable one, i read alot about Massdrivers BUT no One ever said, if they are using the Argon or Split one in fact that the Argon also produces ammunition, or am i wrong? Sorry for my noob question but in the Moment im not able to Start my Game and lookup the diffrence between Them, im on work trip, also the prices, so i was wondering if some of you nice helping guys could help me out so that i can directly start trough when im back home? Sorry for my well Not Perfect englisch, im from Germany ^^
I believe the Split version is more profitable, as the starting costs are lower.

Also no weapons use ammo in LU, only in vanilla.

Blue A10
x4

Post by Blue A10 » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 13:23

memeics wrote:
That's smart advice, thanks for sharing.

Now if only there were a way to change an SCH to a different multiplier without having to go buy all new ones and replace them.

zwierzu
xr

Post by zwierzu » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 18:18

Hello, I'd love to give this mod a try but I would like to ask few questions first.

As I understand correctly this mod is best served with big armadas and massive battles.

Since I'm not really into heavy empire-building I'm always playing as a combat and dogfight oriented bounty hunter / scavenger with only a dozen of specialized caps and fighters.

Unfortunatelly I've read in mod description that weapons consume far more energy and also energy regeneration on ships is greatly reduced. So my playstyle would be heavily hindered.

Is it possible to somehow manually increase energy balance on ships via file modification? Would it crash the game? Or maybe there's a LU addon that could grant me what I'm looking for?

I would like energy balance similar to how it was in good old XRM.
I could of course just play XRM and problem solved but it's been so many years - I would like to try something new :)
And if there's a way to improve comfort of my gameplay I'd love to know if it's possible.

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 18:25

I recommend sticking with XRM.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:00

Don't listen to the grumpy guy, download X3 Editor and edit X3\addon\07.cat\TBullets.

And have fun spending weeks searching for the right balance! :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:02

I would totally listen to me.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:11

I would too. But the customer wants more energy, I give him more energy. I'm a customer-caring guy.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:17

I listen to the customer. I offer an educated solution based on his needs.

We need to listen to our customers, Barbie.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 22:50

You would make a bad salesman.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 18, 23:48

Can I please see you in my office?

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 17:18

i still got that retreat bug and no answer. One of my Heavy dragons always refuses to jump back to the MLCC ED when retreat is orderered. Despite having enough energy and available dock capacity

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 30. Mar 18, 19:50

I'd check:
- does it have a Jumpdirve?
- is Autojump enabled?
- what is the Autojump distance? (set it to 0)

Other things are to check that it has sufficient energy cells in its cargo bay to make the jump but you said you already checked for that.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 11:18

Yes, it has everything it needs. I got 4 Heavy Dragons, 3 of them jump like they should, the 4th stands his ground for no reason

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 15:35

Do you give him enough love?

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 23:15

So my understanding LU More targeted to vet players. I tend to not do much combat in Vanilla and such and just trade, etc.

I like the idea of LU but not so much for losing the entire systems, etc or at least not so fast. I'm wondering if there is any addons that adjusts it to make it a tad easier for us who are considered slow and I don't me seta 10x afk a month but just really slow at things likes doing more things by hand at first slowly working at it but enjoying the fun.

I would really enjoy a slower / easier version if it's possible.

Pr0wler
x4

Post by Pr0wler » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 09:59

Kane Hart wrote:So my understanding LU More targeted to vet players. I tend to not do much combat in Vanilla and such and just trade, etc.

I like the idea of LU but not so much for losing the entire systems, etc or at least not so fast. I'm wondering if there is any addons that adjusts it to make it a tad easier for us who are considered slow and I don't me seta 10x afk a month but just really slow at things likes doing more things by hand at first slowly working at it but enjoying the fun.

I would really enjoy a slower / easier version if it's possible.
You can turn Phenon and OCV on/off anytime if you don't want to deal with them right from the beginning.

Besides, their progression in vanilla LU is pretty slow. I'm at 2.5 days in my current game and OCV took only 2 sectors so far. There are 7 sectors more to go between them and Bluish Snout, so I expect that I'll have more than enough firepower to push them off by the time they get close to 'regular' commonwealth space.
Same deal with Phenon- their first subsidiary is really weak and slow at gaining wealth and they don't attack any of my assets. They only react if I'm starting to attack their stations.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 1. Apr 18, 20:13

The OCV isn't a huge threat if you know how to stall them: simply play your style as you want, although getting a TL as early as possible for the station building missions is a good bet. After you got ~350 million credits, you have won against the OCV: buy 720 lasertowers, load them into your TL and create a ring of fire around the last commonwealth-owned system gate to the OCV. Done, threat completely neutralized. Just make sure that you are in the same sector as your lasertowers when OCV ships come pouring in. The M2 and M7 don't stand a chance against 720 lasertowers, and the smaller ships aren't a huge thread for the sector defense.

Usually this happens for me after the OCV got around five sectors, then I get my 350 million - problem solved.

And simply ignore the Phanon corporation completely, they won't do anything subtantial.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”