Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 13:17

At higher levels, you jump into their sector as soon as they appear, push the MLCC button, and the poor CEO doesn't even get a chance to be sacked. I'm not sure he even manages to arrive at work before it's gone - you know, traffic is bad these days.

albazeus
x3ap

Post by albazeus » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 19:16

Is it possible to configure where to put the satellites with the 'Deploy satellite network' command?

Migi32
x3ap

Post by Migi32 » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 18:04

I've come across a bug with Dock Agents and the Dockware Manager. I had a ware set to 0 capacity with the source set to "buy" and eventually the dock agents all got stuck on "Waiting for wares to buy/sell". Not very quickly, it took many in-game hours for the buyers to get stuck and then a few more for the sellers. Exiting the game and reloading didn't help. Stopping the dock agents and restarting them (or even using different ships) didn't help. After a lot of messing about, I found that removing the 0-capacity ware did help. So I think that's the cause (maybe a division by zero or NaN messing things up?).

I've uploaded 2 saves: this one where the dock agents still buy and sell but if you let it run on SETA for 5-10 minutes they stop, and this one, where the agents have already stopped. The site where I uploaded the save files will delete them in 30 days though.

I have no idea what my Litcube or X3AP version is.

tchapin1979
x4

Headquarters?

Post by tchapin1979 » Sat, 3. Mar 18, 21:40

I see a lot of youtube videos like "dizzy_plays" using Litcube and they're building a Headquarters. I don't see "Headquarters" under Argon Docks in my game. Should there be one in 1.7.2?

canshow
x4

Re: Headquarters?

Post by canshow » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 01:16

tchapin1979 wrote:I see a lot of youtube videos like "dizzy_plays" using Litcube and they're building a Headquarters. I don't see "Headquarters" under Argon Docks in my game. Should there be one in 1.7.2?
Check cloudbase south east shipyard. It will be at the very top.
[ external image ]
Stargate Junkie

Sirrobert
x3ap

Re: Headquarters?

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 12:29

tchapin1979 wrote:I see a lot of youtube videos like "dizzy_plays" using Litcube and they're building a Headquarters. I don't see "Headquarters" under Argon Docks in my game. Should there be one in 1.7.2?
Check the In Game Encyclopaedia for the location.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 23:00

hi,
I just began a LU game, in which I decided to help myself with the starting ships using X3 map by scorp
here's what I noticed : very quickly ships start to disappear
I'm guessing it's the salvage ships generated by LU that do make them disappear

To be honest, it's not my preferred feature, but it is what it is: My intent here is not to complain
I feel however that maybe it's a bit overdone.
so here's the numbers :
so far 4 ships have been redeemed by the AI apparently
(locations given below)
Spoiler
Show
some were very obvious like the one in "The vault"
so I'm not surprised it was gone by the time I reached it with a 277 speed M5

however some others like the one hidden in "Unknown Sector Alpha" just right beside "Xenon 547".... seems outright impossible to find by the AI, yet it was gone
the one's in duke citadel & menelaus oasis are also gone
that's after about 4 hours of play.
if that's expected behavior then just ignore this message or reply accordingly.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 00:18

From what I remember if a derelict is lying around you risk of being fetched by an NPC fection pretty quickly, I've had one being stolen from me in less than 5 minutes (bad luck I guess). I like this feature, it makes the game feel more dynamic and realistic, why should the NPC factions ignore derelicts just so that the player can claim them.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 01:38

I'm not saying they should "ignore". I'm saying it looks a bit too stronk particularly for some near impossible to reach locations, or very out of the way locations (like at least one I mentioned in the spoiler) : how did they know there was one there to begin with ?

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 12:52

Whismerhill wrote:I'm not saying they should "ignore". I'm saying it looks a bit too stronk particularly for some near impossible to reach locations, or very out of the way locations (like at least one I mentioned in the spoiler) : how did they know there was one there to begin with ?
Because scanner range in larger in LU than in vanilla, so they're much more likely to locate those derelicts. They don't cheat, it's easy to prove - you can set up a satellite in an enemy sector 50+km away from the ecliptic, and the enemy will never notice it.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 06:29

The salvage NPC's use all the sensor data they can, Meaning any ship of the same race in sector can tell the salvage NPC where a wreck is.

LU was never supposed to maintain the statically defined bailed ships that vanilla has lying around, if they are still in the game, thats actually an oversight i believe.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 12:12

ok two things :
-1 : no race can go in one of those locations, hence my bewilderment
-2 : let's just move on, LU generates new ones on an irregular basis, with the amount of fighting going on accross the universe.

[/b]

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 13:58

LU TM class ships seem overpriced for what they do
their price is comparable to TL and they don't provide a significant advantage over a TL unless I'm missing something ?
TMs
http://prntscr.com/io0lg6
TLs
http://prntscr.com/io0ncq

alternatively : http://blubb.najut.org/x3/lu/ships_en_lu.html

Note: when I say overpriced, it could be meant the other way around. E.g. they could have other stats improved instead

why ? because I see no reason to get a TM over say a terran atmospheric filter

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 15:48

Whismerhill wrote:LU TM class ships seem overpriced for what they do
their price is comparable to TL and they don't provide a significant advantage over a TL unless I'm missing something ?
TMs
http://prntscr.com/io0lg6
TLs
http://prntscr.com/io0ncq

alternatively : http://blubb.najut.org/x3/lu/ships_en_lu.html

Note: when I say overpriced, it could be meant the other way around. E.g. they could have other stats improved instead

why ? because I see no reason to get a TM over say a terran atmospheric filter
TMs come pre-equiped with pretty expensive software that lets fighters teleport back in their docks.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Wed, 7. Mar 18, 20:31

Thanks Sirrobert
makes sense.
I suppose that is because TMs don't have animations for their "hangars" :lol:

BTAxis
x3tc

Post by BTAxis » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 14:18

I need a little help. I have built a factory and gave it a Manta to supply it, but it's not doing anything. I think I've set it up correctly, with Trade Software MK1 + MK2 on the ship, the ship itself set to freighter and sats in the systems where it's supposed to buy energy. The station also has money. But the ship just won't go out and buy anything.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 18:46

BTAxis wrote:I need a little help. I have built a factory and gave it a Manta to supply it, but it's not doing anything. I think I've set it up correctly, with Trade Software MK1 + MK2 on the ship, the ship itself set to freighter and sats in the systems where it's supposed to buy energy. The station also has money. But the ship just won't go out and buy anything.
Read the wiki
http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... _Freighter

BTAxis
x3tc

Post by BTAxis » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 19:45

I have no idea how to access the Dockware Manager. The menu for the factory does not have it.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 21:14

Dockware Manager (and associated ships like Dock Agent and Freighter) is only available for player's equipment docks (and the HQ, which is a special type of equipment dock).

To have a ship provide to a station (buy resources and sell its products) you need to purchase Station Agent Software for it, homebase it to the station and run the Trade -> Station Agent command. Of course, make sure the Import/Threshold values are what you want, maximum jump isn't too short, the station has some money (homebased ships purchase things using the money in the account of the station they are homebased to) and that the resource buying price is set high enough to find opportunities.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

BTAxis
x3tc

Post by BTAxis » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 21:28

Well, that's obscure. The Station Agent Software description makes it sound like you only need it for selling produce. It also costs 600K, which is rather steep.

I'll try it once I grind up some more cash from missions.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”