Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whiskiz

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Whiskiz » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 12:40

Here's some feedback on Phanon+ since whether it's working properly or not is still up in the air as far as i'm aware.

I've currently played a day and a half game-time, 1 day 12 hours.

I've only been attacked by Phanon 3 times: roughly once every 12 hours and all 3 times have been a small group of mixed fighters, even the last one with me being combat rank 21 and seeing suitably more and more M7 and M6 in pirate/xenon groups, while piloting an M6 myself with 100mil+ in the bank (so being able to upgrade to an M7 if i wasn't working on boarding and trying that mechanic out - missiles currently being too expensive to try it out in an M7M)

The first time 12 hours in the small fighter group was suitable and came for me - the next 2 times though 12 and 24 hours later were still the same small group of fighters and they just went and killed a random ship i'd bought/claimed and was sending to the nearest shipyard, though i have no stations or anything else but those ships and myself to target.

I've only killed those small groups of fighters and a couple random miners/traders.

2 hours ago they had 31 traders, 3 station sales reps, 1 salvager, 6 mining vessels, 13 factories, 99 military and an AMTA index of 370

Edit: Also is it just me, or is ships' marine capacity only shown in a ships info after clicking on info out in the world? (whether your own ship or anothers) I can't seem to see it in neither the ship encyclopedia nor the online spreadsheet. Most important when deciding what rep to grind for, for an M7M for boarding.

Or is marine capacity global per ship class, unlike hangar capacity.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 10:32

Whiskiz wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 12:40
Edit: Also is it just me, or is ships' marine capacity only shown in a ships info after clicking on info out in the world? (whether your own ship or anothers) I can't seem to see it in neither the ship encyclopedia nor the online spreadsheet. Most important when deciding what rep to grind for, for an M7M for boarding.

Or is marine capacity global per ship class, unlike hangar capacity.
Open up player console (bind hotkey if you haven't), there pick ship compendium.
It's ship-specific, not global. M1 20-36, M2 20-47, M6 8-13, M7 20-30, TP 40-44, TM 8-12, TL 20-22. So basically you don't need to grind anything since TP (order to jump in after you strip down the target) is always the max option. You also need to read up how to best do it, it's a bit tricky to time when to launch reinforcements for harder targets (meaning you need more than one ship full of marines).
(you can also see the docking capacities if any - in the ship compendium change page from performance to docking).

I'm not sure about Phanon, but I remember reading something about wiping them out a few times early. That supposedly would level them up (as in make their next puppet company to spawn harder).

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 12:06

Ah thanks man, much appreciated.

I've definitely tried to look up marines and boarding and stuff but alot of the information is conflicting (like how checks for mechanical hull breaching are made, which marines from which launch pods are used etc) or just plain years old and has been made redundant since (apparently training "quick" multiple times used to be better, but after testing all 3 it seems to be a straight forward case of the higher option is a little longer but more efficient and expensive.) Since there's no official guide on the subject on Litcubes wiki, like there is with most other aspects.

I hadn't seen anything though about needing multiple ships for reinforcements (though i had about actually needing reinforcements, after losing some each deck - i'm guessing it's mostly for Xenon super end game and the biggest ships)

That might make sense about the Phanon. I actually purposely tried to stay away from them as much as possible with the opposite effect in mind - that it would give them time enough to build up properly and become a threat, since i saw somewhere everything you destroy they need to replace and they even need to spend time repairing ships you attack that escape. As well as the fact that you can only really attack their miners, TS and maybe some random fighters early - you don't have the firepower for any real destruction like their stations for a long time - even then their non military manage to somehow skip the entire universe when their shields get low, never to be seen again, making there no point in trying those either 9/10 times unless you can blow them up in seconds.

The opposite is definitely a better idea though - you get to engage with them early without fear of crippling them, it in fact making them stronger so the more you're able to engage with them, the more you'll need to and/or the more appropriately challenging they'll become.

As a sidenote: i can now sell this M6 boarding pod capable ship i just bought (Tempestine) and not have to worry about M7M being my next upgrade and only being able to fire missiles, sweet.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 26. Dec 18, 12:14

So... uhm. What exactly would be consequences of using vanilla gates?
Is the Gorb vs Ring "just" a cosmetic change, or was bounce changed because of it?

What would happen if I used enlarged gates? E.g. this: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=300329
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

liquid_de
x4

Post by liquid_de » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 10:50

vukica wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 12:14
Is the Gorb vs Ring "just" a cosmetic change, or was bounce changed because of it?

What would happen if I used enlarged gates? E.g. this: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=300329

So far I never had a gate accident by AI or myself with the LU gates. They just work perfect. Vanilla gates tend to cause ramming issues with bigger ships and pathfinding issues but I am no modder here and a lot changed.

General question: I recently came back to X3 and jumped into LU. I am wondering why no Khaak are present in LU. Do they just not work properly as player ships? It's long times but I recall claiming a Khaak corvette once in vanilla.? Am I missing some info?

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 12:49

Is there anything that can be done about:

1 - UTs throwing out 600K worth of fighter drones every time they're looked at the wrong way. Even better if the fix/option is the default, with repeated auto buying 600k fighter drone defense being the additional option.

2 - Turrets that start firing km's out of range (gauss says 6km range but starts firing around 8k - currently 6 shots a volley and 3 or so volleys before they actually start hitting, does can and will add up to alot of wasted energy. On M7+ too so it can't be trying to account for 2km movement in the second it takes the 3000m/s+ weapon speed to reach big slow ships, which is why it takes multiple volleys before they start hitting properly.)

3 - Ally ships no longer listening to commands when being attacked or even when enemies are just nearby - An M6 stuck fighting fighter drones with cap ship weapons, small M5 fighter trying to fight an M6 corvette instead of turning around and docking in a station or fleeing etc.

4 - Ships half the time going half speed or a random speed when ordered to dock somewhere, when they're nowhere near the station to need to slow down and line up the landing - sometimes when they aren't even in the same sector yet. Even when other ships aren't following you, so it isn't adjusting to their speed or anything.

5 - when turrets don't work for awhile after using Qlaser config set to weapon change. You need to either wait some time or reapply turret commands mid-combat for them to start working.

Also are you somehow meant to be able to mine nividium asteroids, or just the debris around it.

liquid_de
x4

Post by liquid_de » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 15:59

Whiskiz wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 12:49

1 - UTs throwing out 600K worth of fighter drones every time they're looked at the wrong way. Even better if the fix/option is the default, with repeated auto buying 600k fighter drone defense being the additional option.

2 - Turrets that start firing km's out of range (gauss says 6km range but starts firing around 8k - currently 6 shots a volley and 3 or so volleys before they actually start hitting, does can and will add up to alot of wasted energy. On M7+ too so it can't be trying to account for 2km movement in the second it takes the 3000m/s+ weapon speed to reach big slow ships, which is why it takes multiple volleys before they start hitting properly.)

3 - Ally ships no longer listening to commands when being attacked or even when enemies are just nearby - An M6 stuck fighting fighter drones with cap ship weapons, small M5 fighter trying to fight an M6 corvette instead of turning around and docking in a station or fleeing etc.

4 - Ships half the time going half speed or a random speed when ordered to dock somewhere, when they're nowhere near the station to need to slow down and line up the landing - sometimes when they aren't even in the same sector yet. Even when other ships aren't following you, so it isn't adjusting to their speed or anything.

5 - when turrets don't work for awhile after using Qlaser config set to weapon change. You need to either wait some time or reapply turret commands mid-combat for them to start working.

Also are you somehow meant to be able to mine nividium asteroids, or just the debris around it.
1. My UT never got attacked, but I still need to see what Phanon has up their mind. In the big scheme I don't care about 600k as long as it somehow increases the chance of my UT to survive. A high level UT makes 600k in a couple minutes.
2. Did you calculate in the fact that both ships move towards each other? That'S something wich happened in vanilla X3 aswell with photon cannons firing 2-3 km further away and barely hitting the target if everything went perfect.
4. I am pretty sure there is somewhere a ship which is following you. (claimed ship maybe, fuel shuttle etc.?). Or autopilot is trying to go around a big obstacle? Else - is the ship damaged or misses engine tuning? Didn't experience sth. else than these three cases when my ship was slow af.
5. I noticed that the bigger the weapons are, the longer they take to switch. Small and medium weapons switch almost instant for me. You can see when lasers get removed and installed on the ship btw.

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:20

1 - My entire UT trading done in the fastest and highest capacity 35mil Snotra TS, from level 10 or so up to 25 so a full day or so of trading - has made 5.8mil profit and -2.4mil in fighter drones. So drones have cost around 30% profit, that's a fair sum especially considering the relatively low turnover per the individual UT. Worst part is it being needless and/or default.

2 - as mentioned it takes a good 3 volleys or so for the turrets to start hitting properly, so if it is trying to calculate the speed of both ships moving towards eachother it's not doing a very good job. It also happens when i'm trying to fire from max range against bigger targets with more guns - so when i'm not moving at all or trying to orbit them as best i can and they're not always 100% automatically going full steam ahead for me either, with other closer targets. Still, around 8km the Gauss will open up and do nothing, it's even worse in that scenario because then they'll keep firing away while doing absolutely nothing.

4 - I'll double check i don't have a ship following me the next time it happens but i'm pretty sure, maybe i had my M6 on protect me while i was in my M7.

5 - Yeah i also found different weapons have different equipping speed and this problem was taking that into account (the flak artillery array for example equips pretty quickly, but doesn't start firing for awhile, whereas if i reapply the turret command when it switches - it starts firing straight away.) I checked that before posting.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:41

vukica wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 12:14

Don't know how larger gates will work, but the vanilla gates were removed because they caused the Bounce script to go haywire. Also, the Valhalla couldn't fit through, meaning the player would throw over a billion credits out the window if they accidentally send their Valhalla through a normal gate.
Whiskiz wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 12:49

1 - At that point 600k shouldn't be that much of an issue. You can mitigate the issue somewhat by using Raaaak's Improved MK3 script for LU, as they - at least as far as I know - only use them if they are actually fired upon.

2 - Vanilla issue. The default combat Ai in X3 often gets compared to a gerbil running in one of those wheels, and for good reason. It's about as intelligent as a bag of hammers, and there are currently no workarounds available.

4 - I've had that issue too, and it's especually noticeable when I'm trying to dock at a carrier that is far away. The ship I'm in will constantly cut its throttle and then go to full speed again, making for a rather bumpy ride. I don't know what's causing it, thoguh.

Regarding Nividium asteroids: There isn't a nividium mine in the game, if that's what you're asking. You can however break them apart with something like a Hornet missile, and then use a mobile mining fleet to get the goods.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 17:42

Zaitsev wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 16:41

1 - At that point 600k shouldn't be that much of an issue. You can mitigate the issue somewhat by using Raaaak's Improved MK3 script for LU, as they - at least as far as I know - only use them if they are actually fired upon.

2 - Vanilla issue. The default combat Ai in X3 often gets compared to a gerbil running in one of those wheels, and for good reason. It's about as intelligent as a bag of hammers, and there are currently no workarounds available.

4 - I've had that issue too, and it's especually noticeable when I'm trying to dock at a carrier that is far away. The ship I'm in will constantly cut its throttle and then go to full speed again, making for a rather bumpy ride. I don't know what's causing it, thoguh.

Regarding Nividium asteroids: There isn't a nividium mine in the game, if that's what you're asking. You can however break them apart with something like a Hornet missile, and then use a mobile mining fleet to get the goods.
Thanks for the feedback.

1 - It's 600k per round of drones and just annoying seeing 30% of a TS's profits go to waste and is needless, kind of like having a rock in your shoe haha. just wondered if there was another option and/or a fix but all good if not.

2 - ah no worries, that's why i thought i'd ask. Hopefully X4's foundations were made in todays standards - if the game was apparently released smaller and simpler than X3. I wonder how the modders are currently reacting to/finding/working with, it.

4 - i knew something was up. Most annoying in bigger ships that are slow enough as it is let alone all of a sudden going half that speed on top, the entire way to a station (for me.)

So i sat in front of a Nividium asteroid with 10x SETA and M7 armaments firing and nothing happened to the asteroid, i tried 2 different types of missiles and both said i needed to have a hostile target in range and then i jumped in a mining ship and SETA'd minig drills and still nothing. Then i tried an ore and a silicon mine and they only produced their respective materials.

Though i think i did already, i guess i'll go try some "dumbfire" missiles that don't require a target. Odd that it seems so specific yet there's no actual mention of how to, online.

liquid_de
x4

Post by liquid_de » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 18:47

Whiskiz wrote:
Thu, 27. Dec 18, 17:42
Zaitsev wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

1 - It's 600k per round of drones and just annoying seeing 30% of a TS's profits go to waste and is needless, kind of like having a rock in your shoe haha. just wondered if there was another option and/or a fix but all good if not.

2 - ah no worries, that's why i thought i'd ask. Hopefully X4's foundations were made in todays standards - if the game was apparently released smaller and simpler than X3. I wonder how the modders are currently reacting to/finding/working with, it.

4 - i knew something was up. Most annoying in bigger ships that are slow enough as it is let alone all of a sudden going half that speed on top, the entire way to a station (for me.)

So i sat in front of a Nividium asteroid with 10x SETA and M7 armaments firing and nothing happened to the asteroid, i tried 2 different types of missiles and both said i needed to have a hostile target in range and then i jumped in a mining ship and SETA'd minig drills and still nothing. Then i tried an ore and a silicon mine and they only produced their respective materials.

Though i think i did already, i guess i'll go try some "dumbfire" missiles that don't require a target. Odd that it seems so specific yet there's no actual mention of how to, online.

What is attacking your UT all the times btw? Phanon? I never had pirates/Yaki/Xenon go after my traders, maybe they don't hate me enough yet. Not sure?!
Btw the AI in X4 is as retarded as in X3 so don't get your hopes up too high.

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 22:30

Looking back at the logs at the last 7 or so times:

Like 4 times was random Phanon laser towers (sometimes their buildings have even just one placed near it, sometimes those buildings are near other races buildings. I saw one lone laser tower placed near their building in the center of the map, near the point you jump in with Quantum Jumpgate Extension so thats fun)

2 times actual Phanon aggression.

2 times pirates.

Biggest culprit seems to be Phanon laser towers. Might go hunting them lol.

I thought UT actively avoid trading in sectors with enemies, i guess lasertowers are a little funky in terms of classfication.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 11:27

Zaitsev wrote:
Don't know how larger gates will work, but the vanilla gates were removed because they caused the Bounce script to go haywire. Also, the Valhalla couldn't fit through, meaning the player would throw over a billion credits out the window if they accidentally send their Valhalla through a normal gate.
Ok, that answers my questions, thanks!
I was going to change Valhalla model anyway...

Another question if anyone knows, how did Litcube remove "Pop." from the sector description? Where is the edited string?

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 19:56

Man you guys were not kidding about AI being akin to a hamster on a wheel in X3.

I found the sector patrolling command/option and thought awesome that was just what i was looking for. I had been repeatedly manually looking for enemies in a races sector to boost my rep just that much more, to reach the next level to buy a station to finish a construction mission. Then to work towards the next rep milestone for my next ship upgrade while being able to manage the rest of my empire at the same time.

It said a requirement is a "big ship" so i thought perfect for my M7. Here is some behavior i observed while he was patrolling:
(while having a Jumpdrive, thousands of E-cells and a Quantum Jumpgate Extension)
-He needs to fly to a random station or jumpgate to jump out, every time, to the next sector on his patrol path
-He flies to said jump-out point manually - even if its a big sector and the randomly chosen station/jumpgate is literally on the other side of it
-I saw my patrolling ship enter a sector with enemies - my ship jumped in on the E gate while they were on the N, my ship proceeded to head to a random jump-out point miles away to go patrol the next sector.
-While on the other hand, another time i saw my patrolling ship fly halfway across a sector to kill 1 Phanton M5. Who needs a Quantum Jumpgate Extension at the very least.
-My ship jumped into the center of a sector with enemies near the N gate, then jumped again to the S gate before flying up to the enemies manually (has jumped in to the center of a sector then re-jumped to a gate in the same one without enemies, too, before continuing to manually fly to the jump-out point)
-Also my ship seems to need to be right on top of an enemy on the sector map, in OOS (out of sector combat) before any damage is done to the enemy so half the time they're dead before he gets there.

Because of all of the above (especially the manually flying around the sectors manually, close range of OOS needed, and speed of an M7) the ship barely killed a thing or 2 after like a 15 sector patrol, that took ages.

Shame.

Edit: Turret fire around stations for station-protect combat missions is fun, too. Hit the station more than the enemies and lost almost a full level of rep.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 00:25

Have you got your ship set to auto jump with a jump range of zero?

Theres an option in the controls section to turn off friendly fire.

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:41

As per my post here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=378757&start=45
Is there an update to the "Diverse Game Starts for LU" mod which added Boron/Terran/Split starts?
The latest version which is also linked in the LU mod's thread seems to be for LU 1.6.2, and when using it with 1.7.2 the custom starts seem to have all stations and jump gates randomly aligned.
This does not happen with the default LU 1.7.2 starts.
I tested this multiple times with the custom Boron and Terran starts in multiple sectors, and the results were the same everywhere.
I'd love a Terran or Boron start properly working, but with all the stations and jumpgates being randomly aligned I'm way too disoriented to play.
Or alternatively, does anyone know what's wrong or a fix for this issue?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 11:24

Zasso wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:41
As per my post here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=378757&start=45
Is there an update to the "Diverse Game Starts for LU" mod which added Boron/Terran/Split starts?
The latest version which is also linked in the LU mod's thread seems to be for LU 1.6.2, and when using it with 1.7.2 the custom starts seem to have all stations and jump gates randomly aligned.
This does not happen with the default LU 1.7.2 starts.
I tested this multiple times with the custom Boron and Terran starts in multiple sectors, and the results were the same everywhere.
I'd love a Terran or Boron start properly working, but with all the stations and jumpgates being randomly aligned I'm way too disoriented to play.
Or alternatively, does anyone know what's wrong or a fix for this issue?
Are you using remap with it? I've checked the "vanilla" download files and they look correct to me.
FYI, remap is no longer supported.

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 15:47

vukica wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 11:24
Are you using remap with it? I've checked the "vanilla" download files and they look correct to me.
FYI, remap is no longer supported.
No remap, the three additional scripts I'm using are only the increased repair rate pack, the ship browser and the Ship Bail addon.
I'm using version 1.0.6 from the Diverse Game Starts which from what I understand is the latest non remap version.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 23:28

Zasso wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 15:47
*snip*
Ship Bail addon.
*snip*
Which one? As far as I know there are no ship bail addons that are compatible with LU, so you might have found your culprit right there.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 02:56

Zaitsev wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 23:28
Zasso wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 15:47
*snip*
Ship Bail addon.
*snip*
Which one? As far as I know there are no ship bail addons that are compatible with LU, so you might have found your culprit right there.
As per: viewtopic.php?t=367414 although it is not mentioned here: viewtopic.php?t=380168 and Litcube stated the first thread is outdated.
It states the 1.7.8 version is working and compatible and I've never had any problems with it before.
The original thread for NPC Bailing Addon with working links on the last 2 pages of comments: viewtopic.php?t=219440 , I have one called "NPCBail178Colored".
Could you explain how it would cause stations to be randomly aligned/rotated on a fresh start for the "Diverse Starts" only while leaving the default starts untouched?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”