Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zasso
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Zasso » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:41

As per my post here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=378757&start=45
Is there an update to the "Diverse Game Starts for LU" mod which added Boron/Terran/Split starts?
The latest version which is also linked in the LU mod's thread seems to be for LU 1.6.2, and when using it with 1.7.2 the custom starts seem to have all stations and jump gates randomly aligned.
This does not happen with the default LU 1.7.2 starts.
I tested this multiple times with the custom Boron and Terran starts in multiple sectors, and the results were the same everywhere.
I'd love a Terran or Boron start properly working, but with all the stations and jumpgates being randomly aligned I'm way too disoriented to play.
Or alternatively, does anyone know what's wrong or a fix for this issue?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 11:24

Zasso wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:41
As per my post here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=378757&start=45
Is there an update to the "Diverse Game Starts for LU" mod which added Boron/Terran/Split starts?
The latest version which is also linked in the LU mod's thread seems to be for LU 1.6.2, and when using it with 1.7.2 the custom starts seem to have all stations and jump gates randomly aligned.
This does not happen with the default LU 1.7.2 starts.
I tested this multiple times with the custom Boron and Terran starts in multiple sectors, and the results were the same everywhere.
I'd love a Terran or Boron start properly working, but with all the stations and jumpgates being randomly aligned I'm way too disoriented to play.
Or alternatively, does anyone know what's wrong or a fix for this issue?
Are you using remap with it? I've checked the "vanilla" download files and they look correct to me.
FYI, remap is no longer supported.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 15:47

vukica wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 11:24
Are you using remap with it? I've checked the "vanilla" download files and they look correct to me.
No remap, the three additional scripts I'm using are only the increased repair rate pack, the ship browser and the Ship Bail addon.
I'm using version 1.0.6 from the Diverse Game Starts which from what I understand is the latest non remap version.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 23:28

Zasso wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 15:47
*snip*
Ship Bail addon.
*snip*
Which one? As far as I know there are no ship bail addons that are compatible with LU, so you might have found your culprit right there.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 02:56

Zaitsev wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 23:28
Zasso wrote:
*snip*
Ship Bail addon.
*snip*
Which one? As far as I know there are no ship bail addons that are compatible with LU, so you might have found your culprit right there.
As per: viewtopic.php?t=367414 although it is not mentioned here: viewtopic.php?t=380168 and Litcube stated the first thread is outdated.
It states the 1.7.8 version is working and compatible and I've never had any problems with it before.
The original thread for NPC Bailing Addon with working links on the last 2 pages of comments: viewtopic.php?t=219440 , I have one called "NPCBail178Colored".
Could you explain how it would cause stations to be randomly aligned/rotated on a fresh start for the "Diverse Starts" only while leaving the default starts untouched?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 03:27

Out of curiosity, why would you want a bailing addon for LU?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 11:31

Zasso wrote:
vukica wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 11:24
No remap, the three additional scripts I'm using are only the increased repair rate pack, the ship browser and the Ship Bail addon.
I'm using version 1.0.6 from the Diverse Game Starts which from what I understand is the latest non remap version.
Look, simply put, only a map file can rearrange the map, and there's only one mod, that I know of, that does that.
So if sectors are in wrong locations it's not the game start mod. You have a rougue map file somewhere. Remap didn't use cat/dat files, it was always extracted. Check addon/maps.
Litcube wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 03:27
Because more mods is always better, what kind of a question is that? :mrgreen:
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 13:08

He means: there's already a bailing mechanic in LU.

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 13:12

OneOfMany wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 00:25
Have you got your ship set to auto jump with a jump range of zero?

Theres an option in the controls section to turn off friendly fire.
Yeah i have autojump 0 as standard on everything, that's how the patrolling ship was able to sometimes randomly jump into the center of a sector to patrol, then instantly jump to one of its jumpgates weirdly.

In-sector jumping seems weird in general for the AI. If i jump myself from the center of a sector to a gate, or from one gate to another i.e it's clearly much quicker and better to follow me with an in-sector jump instead of flying all the way there - my 2 M6 i have on follow still won't in-sector jump (even with both their wing and individually being set to autojump 0) without me having to go through the 3 or 4 different menus to manually do so every time. Instead they'll fly the entire distance of a sector if need be. It must be the follow and/or other commands not working together very well (maybe also explains the odd patrolling) because they usually do in-sector jump on a standard command, like telling them to dock at a station that is much closer to another jump point.

Thanks for the heads up on the friendly fire option - i just either only activate protect missions when i'm at the gate the enemies will spawn at, or take all commands off turrets when i clean up whats left on a station, manually with my main weapons.

Seadogs
x4

Post by Seadogs » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 14:13

Just want to say that as an X4 refugee coming back to X3 (like many others) after many years to scratch the itch, thank you for doing what you do, both Litcube and the modding community at large. I'm having a great time and it wouldn't be nearly the experience if you guys had abandoned this game, which I was expecting. You all are carrying on the spirit of early PC vidya games which just doesn't happen anymore, unless you consider slapping bigger tits on NPC's a modding community.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 14:25

LU has provided a purpose to play again and again.

I would be delighted if in 2-3 years, Litcube turned his gaze to X4 and applied his magic to it.

Gergin
x4

Post by Gergin » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 19:24

Is there a way to change the amount of "points" required to rank up your trade and fight rank?

It's absolutely silly to complete one trade run in a TS and go from Rank 0 to Rank 8. Similarly, destroying a single M5 instantly bumps you to fight rank 5-6.
It also makes the progression all sorts of wonky because if you're running combat missions regularly, you will VERY quickly hit a point where they're throwing M7's at you but the income from the missions barely allows you to buy a few M3's.

I've tried to find an answer and haven't really come up with much information at all...

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 23:27

@Gergin

Are you refering to your own ranks as a trader and fighter?

If so then these will move quickly at first but will require some serious work for later levels.

Your own personal ranks have no impact regards trading i think, however your combat rank increases the chance for improved drops from destroyed ships in combat.

Gergin
x4

Post by Gergin » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 00:36

OneOfMany wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 23:27
@Gergin

Are you refering to your own ranks as a trader and fighter?

If so then these will move quickly at first but will require some serious work for later levels.

Your own personal ranks have no impact regards trading i think, however your combat rank increases the chance for improved drops from destroyed ships in combat.
Correct.

The issue is that your combat rank skyrockets and you're very quickly facing M7's while having been paid enough to acquire a handful of M3's up to that point. Your rank and all the algorithms tied to it outruns your actual progression and you basically have to stop doing combat missions completely until you can build up the wealth through other means (basically salvaging which is honestly pretty boring) to get a fleet. I understand that the later levels require some serious work and that's okay, it's the fact that you gain 6 combat ranks from destroying a single M5 that is completely out of whack. Why even have ranks 1-5?

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 02:31

vukica wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 11:31

Look, simply put, only a map file can rearrange the map, and there's only one mod, that I know of, that does that.
So if sectors are in wrong locations it's not the game start mod. You have a rougue map file somewhere. Remap didn't use cat/dat files, it was always extracted. Check addon/maps.
Sectors are not in the wrong location, stations and jump gates aren't even in the "wrong" location, they are just randomly orientated, as in they are rotated on an x,y,z axis, not moved to a different coordinate.
Litcube wrote:
Because sometimes I want to relax and snoop around large battles and find a treasure of a big ship and play the game that way.
So unless you can tell me how I can adjust the bail rates on all ship types in LU which i'd love, I ended up using the NPC Bail one.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 09:07

Zasso wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 02:31
So unless you can tell me how I can adjust the bail rates on all ship types in LU which i'd love, I ended up using the NPC Bail one.
X3\addon\scripts\Cmd.BailMaybe.xml

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 16:26

Zasso wrote:
vukica wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 11:31

Sectors are not in the wrong location, stations and jump gates aren't even in the "wrong" location, they are just randomly orientated, as in they are rotated on an x,y,z axis, not moved to a different coordinate.
Litcube wrote:
Because sometimes I want to relax and snoop around large battles and find a treasure of a big ship and play the game that way.
How did you install the bail addon and the other 2 scripts?

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 16:40

Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 09:07
Zasso wrote:
X3\addon\scripts\Cmd.BailMaybe.xml
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
I'm trying to decipher what I'm seeing.
I'm seeing a random number generator from 0 to 100, and I'm seeing classes for TM/M6/M8 and so on, with some variables like 30/45.
I'm seeing a bunch of $Bail and indent=" " and array references, but I'm not very adapt at reading what I'm seeing and figuring out which linenr goes with what ship class seems a bit unclear.
From what I understand the bail value follows the ship class.
Am I correct in thinking that for example the M3 class at line 139 seems to bail if the value is either 20 or below as per line 150?

So if I would change the value of 4 on line 422 for the M2 to for example to 45, would each M2 ship have a 45% chance to bail? And would this bail chance be hull % dependant too or would an M2 at 99% health randomly bail too?
OneOfMany wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 16:26
How did you install the bail addon and the other 2 scripts?
A combination of the Pugin Manager for the JSONparserlibrary and manual installations using the false patch method.
Litcube wrote:
To expand on my previous answer to this: I did not know of any other way to adjust the bail rates as hundreds/thousands of lines of code are too overwhelming for me at times.
And I did not get over the hurdle of daring to ask here on the forums back then as some of my other attempts at for example requesting help with an FoV setting for X4 were met with...less helpful answers.
I did not know and still barely know about how LU itself handles bailing, what the odds of bailing were, if hull % was factored in and how it differs between a player ship being the attacker, or an NPC ship being the attacker.
With different moods and different daily struggles I have different wishes for the availability of ships in a play-through, so with a lack of knowledge on how to do this on a clean install of LU, I found a visual less imposing way to do this through the NPC Bail addon and did not look further once I did and not noticing things going wrong with LU after installing the script until I tried the alternate starts.

An additional question: is there a reason the Terran M7C (Maccana in AP, Hayabusa in LU) doesn't spawn naturally in the early-mid game compared to other M7's?
Last edited by Zasso on Tue, 1. Jan 19, 21:59, edited 3 times in total.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 17:16

From past experiences, Plugin manager messes up LU. I'm sure that somewhere on these pages Cycrow has made comment on this.

Zasso
x4

Post by Zasso » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 17:32

OneOfMany wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 17:16
From past experiences, Plugin manager messes up LU. I'm sure that somewhere on these pages Cycrow has made comment on this.
Once I learned how to adjust the bail values to my liking using X3\addon\scripts\Cmd.BailMaybe.xml as per posted above, I'll do a reinstall without it and see if that fixes my alternate start misaligned stations issue.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”