Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Whiskiz

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 10. Jan 19, 03:41

Ahh good to know about the OOS and in-sector oddness, as well as the personal assistant.

It wasn't with the MK 3 trader reloaded mod, because i had the same issue and didn't have any extra mods installed.

Olorin
x4

Post by Olorin » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 02:38

Have written up a guide on Litcube's Universe, originally posted it on discord and reddit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x1X ... sp=sharing
Writer of Litcube's Universe guide, available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x1X ... sp=sharing

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 12:48

Olorin wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 02:38
Have written up a guide on Litcube's Universe, originally posted it on discord and reddit.

That Guide 8) :o nice work

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 13:56

Olorin wrote:
Sat, 19. Jan 19, 02:38

Thanks for posting your guide
I have every intention of playing this mod eventually and your guide will help

Thorsghost
x3ap

Post by Thorsghost » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 11:16

Has anyone got a guide/explanation on how to get the tug command to work as whenever I try to activate it, it waits for a few seconds before "returning to home".

Have my TL set with a home base, remote control software etc but also cant find a way to "flag" ships to tug.
If you can win with one shot, empty your whole goddamn magazine just to make sure!!!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 11:30

Thorsghost wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 11:16
Has anyone got a guide/explanation on how to get the tug command to work as whenever I try to activate it, it waits for a few seconds before "returning to home".

Have my TL set with a home base, remote control software etc but also cant find a way to "flag" ships to tug.
To tug a ship, you have two choices: 1/ Target it and hit the special hotkey. 2/ Additional ship command -> tug.

The rest is on the wiki: http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eature_Tug

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 20:58

Tug's only work if they have a player owned homebase assigned with spare docking ports and are a ship that has docking facilities. Not all ships can be a tug.

Kamasu_Tra

Post by Kamasu_Tra » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 22:51

I've been having some problems getting some things in LU to work. There doesn't seem to be any station manager software, or quantum jumpgate upgrades anywhere. They are listed in the encyclopedia under the commands section, but not under software/upgrades at all. I've tried doing a fresh install, but it's still not working. I have the X3: War Pack from GOG if that makes any difference.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 23:57

When you start the game do you get the LU start option list (Demyath ...) or the original/vanilla game start list?

If the latter, make sure you remove addon/t/gamestarts.pck and restart the game, then start a new game. This is also explained in the LU game installation instructions: http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eanInstall
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Kamasu_Tra

Post by Kamasu_Tra » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 00:48

Oh, maybe the fresh install did do the trick; I just started a brand new file, and I can indeed see the missing wares. When I tried to do an import/export on my old save tho, it says it is corrupted, so I am just gonna start fresh. Thanks anyways.

Thorsghost
x3ap

Post by Thorsghost » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 13:54

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 16. Feb 19, 11:30
Thorsghost wrote:

To tug a ship, you have two choices: 1/ Target it and hit the special hotkey. 2/ Additional ship command -> tug.

Thanks for that, was trying to micromanage it too much rather than just leaving the ship with the "tug" command, but all working correctly now.
Even managed to modify the scrift to auto flag the TP, TS and TM class ships so my elephant can collect them rather than sending them to a safe station.
If you can win with one shot, empty your whole goddamn magazine just to make sure!!!

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 5. Mar 19, 23:01

Thorsghost wrote:
Thu, 28. Feb 19, 13:54
Joubarbe wrote:
Thorsghost wrote:

Thanks for that, was trying to micromanage it too much rather than just leaving the ship with the "tug" command, but all working correctly now.
Even managed to modify the scrift to auto flag the TP, TS and TM class ships so my elephant can collect them rather than sending them to a safe station.
Your Elephant should already have been able to collect TS ships. Theres the Goner Ozias which can hold 12 TS ships. I use one early on to collect all the initial freighters I find and get them to a safe dock for repairs and upgrades, before sending them back out to earn their keep.

Thorsghost
x3ap

Post by Thorsghost » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 15:05

OneOfMany wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 19, 23:01
Thorsghost wrote:
Thu, 28. Feb 19, 13:54
Joubarbe wrote:

Your Elephant should already have been able to collect TS ships. Theres the Goner Ozias which can hold 12 TS ships. I use one early on to collect all the initial freighters I find and get them to a safe dock for repairs and upgrades, before sending them back out to earn their keep.
Yes but the automated script/mod I'm using to "claim" abandoned ships when sending the reaper would only flag m3, m4 and m5 ships for my tug even though the elephant can carry TS, TP and TM ships as well.
So i've modified the script by just adding the ship classes (TS, TP and TM) to be flagged. If I had an Aran (for argruments sake) set as a tug then I could just add the remaining classes so my reaper flags all unclaimed ships for the Aran to collect.
I only look for M8+ ships in ship monitoring tool now anyway and the big ships I tend to jump personally for to repair/give a jump drive to - yet to get/find an M1 or M2.

Not sure if their is a way to do a lookup for the max ship class of docked ships within a "carrier" so the when the reaper claims abandoned ships it always flags what can be docked in the tug, but my modding skills are simple/basic at best at the moment so will just update manually for the time being if I change my tug from an elephant.

NekoSensej
x3ap

Post by NekoSensej » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 09:56

I am just started play this mod,but alredy Thancks for great job ! Awesome mod !
But i have small question : how it works with x3ap latest version ? It is work Pretty wellon begining,but may be major bugs in futire,with time ?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 01:45

To my knowledge there are no known issues between latest AP and latest LU (well, you'll get a warning dialog every time you start it complaining about the game version but you can ignore that). Make sure you are following all LU installation instructions correctly, especially the Clean Install part and not having the Bonus Package installed.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 6. May 19, 22:45

If you're reading this, you are losing profits.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 11. May 19, 17:19

Hey all :)

I started a new game the other day after burning out a bit testing X4. It's great as always but I ran into a slight issue which may well be a vanilla one but I thought I'd ask.

Basically, I had the good fortune of finding a bailed Magnetar quite early-game. So I repaired it up and was planning to load it up with the appropriate equipment and have it help me recover bailed ships. I asked a freshly claimed bail to dock at the Magnetar, but said Magnetar did not show up as a valid docking target. I checked it for any docked ships - it didn't list any - so I was a little puzzled. On closer inspection, i.e. actually viewing the ship with the F3 camera, I noticed it appeared to have a Fighter Drone in each of the four docking bays! Never seen that before. I manually transfer the Fighter Drones - there were seven in all - to another ship, yet the issue persisted, along with the Fighter Drones visually still appearing to be docked.

I've never seen this issue before, yet have been running the same build since the last Litcube mod update. I ended up selling the Magnetar, but wondered if any one had any knowledge of this bug, in case it occurs again - I regularly equip my TM's with a few Fighter Drones.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 12. May 19, 10:32

Never heard about that one...

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 12. May 19, 13:37

No, totally new to me too. I've had loads of TM's - plenty of them Magnetars with Drones - bail over various games, but have never seen this.

Another new one I spotted last night...

I have an Advanced Nav. Sat. viewing an OCV captured sector. However, when an allied fleet attacks said sector - while I'm viewing it remotely - none of the OCV combat ships ever move. They shoot when attacked evidently as they do kill the allied fleet eventually, but without the ability to swarm the larger ships they take more losses than you'd expect. If I fly in-sector, they appear to work just fine.

To be clear, this is a build from when the last Litcube update came out, so v1.72 almost three years ago, it's been unchanged so I cannot figure why it's behaving a bit differently. The only thing I've done different is the game start. I usually go for the TS with M5's start, but this time I started with just the M5, but I cannot see how that would lead to these issues.

Other than these oddities, the game is running just fine.

Scoob.

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Tue, 14. May 19, 17:25

So i have a problem im late game in and i have lots of 5 star marine tried to board a q and nothing as soon as they get in they die automaticlly i then try to send the max which is 8 accordin to the ship comprendium and nothing die to fast and when i check it says marine in boarding op 5 but list nothing there. Also in a xenon sector in sector my petranadon was sent to attack a shipyard and gets close but does nothing just stalls there. Is my game broken? :? :sceptic:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”