Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

atomik_111111

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by atomik_111111 » Thu, 1. Nov 18, 07:13

Thank you very much!

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 12:10

@swatti

LU makes you think a lot more than the original egosoft THINK option.

Thinking out of the box is an absolute, when playing.

Dizzy's play through is an excellent choice for anyone wanting to really open the lid on LU.

harbertown
x3ap

Post by harbertown » Sun, 4. Nov 18, 22:14

I just found these interesting starts from something called time of the truth. You can start as Xenon, which seems very cool to add something new. Is it possible to get this for LU? TYVM!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 4. Nov 18, 23:11

Creating new game starts is quite easy. You just have to edit the two files "addon\director\start.xml" and "addon\types\gamestarts.xml" from one of LU's cat/dat files.

In which ship do you want to start, and in which sector? How do you want your relations to other races?

Grugoat

Post by Grugoat » Mon, 5. Nov 18, 23:21

Um dis gaem isnt really good cuz I flyed out of Mah ship an was flostin around in soace an ther wasnt a guide on how to do stuff but I though the spacewwed joke was funy an I Hahaha
I think der shud be a book on leik how to do things cuz its pretty big stuff an I git lost alot

creatoxx
x3tc

Post by creatoxx » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 08:53

Hey there,

been setting up a new game using LUV and IEX for LUV, with a copple of addons for LUV.

I was wondering, are there more mods/scripts etc. compatible with LUV than posted in the official list? Or do they need to be exclusively modified for LUV?

Is it safe to assume, if files aren't colliding, some mods from the Community Scripts, Mission Director, and Mods Library are safe to use as well?

If not, how'd I figure?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 02:05

creatoxx wrote:
Tue, 6. Nov 18, 08:53
I was wondering, are there more mods/scripts etc. compatible with LUV than posted in the official list? Or do they need to be exclusively modified for LUV?

Is it safe to assume, if files aren't colliding, some mods from the Community Scripts, Mission Director, and Mods Library are safe to use as well?

If not, how'd I figure?
You need to have someone with scripting/X3 modding experience look into it, but otherwise a good default is that unless a mod/script is listed as LU compatible it likely isn't compatible. Scripts tend to have high compatibility in X3 in general but LU modifies so much stuff that even lots of those are likely to have at least some incompatibility. Rather than ask a general question like "can I assume random scripts are compatible with LU", list the issues that you are currently having with LU that you think you'd need to mod. If this is your first LU playthrough then I recommend you play LUV until you run into issues that you would like to see improved/fixed and look for mods for those. Otherwise you will likely ruin your game experience since LU changes so much you don't even know what you would need (plus you risk messing up your game and when you will report issues in here most people won't be able to help you because you modded your LU).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 02:08

Grugoat wrote:
Mon, 5. Nov 18, 23:21
Um dis gaem isnt really good cuz I flyed out of Mah ship an was flostin around in soace an ther wasnt a guide on how to do stuff but I though the spacewwed joke was funy an I Hahaha
I think der shud be a book on leik how to do things cuz its pretty big stuff an I git lost alot
My series assumes you already know how to play X3, it's more about filling blanks on what LU adds to X3. As the series progresses the informational content also becomes denser, there's much less fly around in space not doing much and more dealing with issues, configuring things, explaining things, etc. LU starts slow so the first episode(s) tend to reflect that.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

creatoxx
x3tc

Post by creatoxx » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 16:30

memeics wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 02:05
creatoxx wrote:
Tue, 6. Nov 18, 08:53

If not, how'd I figure?
You need to have someone with scripting/X3 modding experience look into it, but otherwise a good default is that unless a mod/script is listed as LU compatible it likely isn't compatible. Scripts tend to have high compatibility in X3 in general but LU modifies so much stuff that even lots of those are likely to have at least some incompatibility. Rather than ask a general question like "can I assume random scripts are compatible with LU", list the issues that you are currently having with LU that you think you'd need to mod. If this is your first LU playthrough then I recommend you play LUV until you run into issues that you would like to see improved/fixed and look for mods for those. Otherwise you will likely ruin your game experience since LU changes so much you don't even know what you would need (plus you risk messing up your game and when you will report issues in here most people won't be able to help you because you modded your LU).
Hmmm, yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I like your approach...I think I'll do that. To import mods that you don't yet know if needed or not, does not make much sense... :D

My main "modding" games are Skyrim and Civilizations. So you can tell it's quite more difficult to get around the right choices, in X3^^

Thanks for your opinion.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 11. Nov 18, 17:29

QUESTION: can i somehow make turreted guns fire "sequentally" instead of "salvo" ?

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 01:00

Might be a bit out of place, but I'd rather ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer than have to completely reinstall a bunch of mods, but...

Are any of Luckies Script Collections compatible with LUV? IE: CODEA, MEFOS, Military Transport, Personnel Transporter, etc.

I tried looking into it, but with 900+ pages to sift through it's a bit daunting to say the least. Reason is I've been playing with Luckies Scripts for a long time and I absolutely cannot live without the automation that CODEA provides (Automated launching/landing of fighters depending on distance / threat level, allowing bombers to dock to carriers, single hotkey bombardment / major attacks, automated fleet replenishment through tenders, etc.) I want to try LUV now and see what it has to offer, and if Luckies scripts are compatible that's great or if not I'll just have to do without CODEA (Would rather find out ahead of time if they're not and risk having to reinstall everything).

I also looked at the wiki but the Carrier Command Software section is pretty lacking for its description, and the MLCC page doesn't mention anything on how M8 bomber ships are handled or if they're capable of being docked to carriers.

To whoever responds, this royal derp is thankful.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 22:34

@ chaoseclipse

As a rule of thumb and for the sake of your sanity, only use mods that are on the official mods list.

LU changes huge amounts of the game and rewrites hundreds of the original scripts.

If you can find a script that does not overwrite anything you can try it but be prepared for heartache.

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 23:45

OneOfMany wrote:
Mon, 19. Nov 18, 22:34
@ chaoseclipse
As a rule of thumb and for the sake of your sanity, only use mods that are on the official mods list.
LU changes huge amounts of the game and rewrites hundreds of the original scripts.
If you can find a script that does not overwrite anything you can try it but be prepared for heartache.
I actually went through the files in Luckies Library that CODEA, MEFOS, Basic Salary, Military Transport, and Personnel Transporter all rely on. No files were overwritten except by the shared files between Luckies scripts.

So far it's running as it should be (Litcube's CCS and MLCC software are kinda redundant now though). I haven't tested anything in an actual engagement yet, as I'm still hiring Lieutenants / Mechanics / Machinists / Technicians / Gunners / Scientists / Navigators / Helmsmen / Flight Controllers / Flight Instructors to pilot and man ships (Probably the worst part of CODEA/MEFOS). Going to test an absurd-sized fleet and see how well LUV and CODEA play together when I drop a 120 ship fleet into a Xenon sector lol. (Yeah, I'm using the cheat plugin script for testing before I try an actual carrier fleet playthrough).

amadeok
x3ap

Post by amadeok » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 00:36

Hi,
If i wanted to put a limit on the size of saturn complexes i can get to have a more challanging and balanced gameplay (also without saturating the market) which size do you think it should be?

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 14:03

chaoseclipse wrote:
Mon, 19. Nov 18, 23:45
OneOfMany wrote:
Mon, 19. Nov 18, 22:34
@ chaoseclipse
I actually went through the files in Luckies Library that CODEA, MEFOS, Basic Salary, Military Transport, and Personnel Transporter all rely on. No files were overwritten except by the shared files between Luckies scripts.

So far it's running as it should be (Litcube's CCS and MLCC software are kinda redundant now though). I haven't tested anything in an actual engagement yet, as I'm still hiring Lieutenants / Mechanics / Machinists / Technicians / Gunners / Scientists / Navigators / Helmsmen / Flight Controllers / Flight Instructors to pilot and man ships (Probably the worst part of CODEA/MEFOS). Going to test an absurd-sized fleet and see how well LUV and CODEA play together when I drop a 120 ship fleet into a Xenon sector lol. (Yeah, I'm using the cheat plugin script for testing before I try an actual carrier fleet playthrough).
"SO FAR"! I've heard those words a lot of times on these forums. The game can behave for a while with some non LU additions, however there's always a chance that later on there will be an issue and a probable lock up or crash. With regards to CODEA/MEFOS, those scrips might not be up to the task of repelling an OCV offensive, however if your current playthrough yields positive results please let me know.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 14:12

amadeok wrote:
Tue, 20. Nov 18, 00:36
Hi,
If i wanted to put a limit on the size of saturn complexes i can get to have a more challanging and balanced gameplay (also without saturating the market) which size do you think it should be?
It's your game and you can set any rules and limitatations you want. Near the end game I find that my main SCH's are all maxed for ship production. I normally run 4 Carriers with support ships and hundreds of fighters when I'm pushing the OCV back. If you really want to make a chalenging game for yourself try limiting your own SCH to max size 200. Or if you set up in a blank sector adjacent to an asteroid rich sector, :wink: dont alow your transports jump drives.

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 01:25

OneOfMany wrote:
Tue, 20. Nov 18, 14:03
"SO FAR"! I've heard those words a lot of times on these forums. The game can behave for a while with some non LU additions, however there's always a chance that later on there will be an issue and a probable lock up or crash. With regards to CODEA/MEFOS, those scrips might not be up to the task of repelling an OCV offensive, however if your current playthrough yields positive results please let me know.
Eh, I finally ran into some minor problems. I'm guessing one of the scripts from LU prevents M8, TS, and M6 crafts from docking with M1, M2, and M7/M class ships, so no dedicated bomber squads with single-key bombing attacks from a Carrier, having an additional cargo space with a TS onboard, or Frigates with a surprise Corvette onboard. Otherwise, everything else works. Supply Tender jumps OOS to resupply the fleet, Corvettes work together in taking out other M6's and M5/M4/M3 bullethell style, Frigates work together in taking out other Frigates and smaller class ships / Missile Frigates still perform Missile Volleys on hotkey command, Destroyers still do their job at pounding the hell out of huge-scale ships and stations, appropriate amounts of fighters from the attack and interception hangars of carriers still get tele-launched and get tele-landed, and all TS and larger-scale ships also act as freight transport extenders allowing up to 20Km range of freight exchange (from one side of the battlegroup to the other).

Ended up with an Emeus with 80 Starbursts loaded up, 16 Skirons, 6 Mandalays, 2 Minotaurs, and 4 Excaliburs, with 4 Mistral Super Freighters as combat tenders and 1 more as the Supply Tender. Took maybe all of 50 minutes to completely dash out Xenon Sectors 598/627/695 and Core 023. The Skirons always crack me up when there's only one or two fighters left, it looks something like a bullethell game when nearly 5 or 6 Skirons surround them and all of their HEPT turrets engage them at once lol. Unfortunately it took like a day and a half (even with cheating) to get all the personnel required to properly man and pilot all the ships. 160 gunners for the Starbursts, 15 Gunners for Emeus, 10 Gunners for the Super Mistrals, 48 Gunners for the Skirons, 12 Gunners for the Minotaurs, 48 Gunners for the Mandalays, 96 Gunners for the Excaliburs (389 Gunners total). And don't even get me started on how long it took finding Lieutenants, Machinists, Flight Controllers, Navigators, and Helmsmen to make sure all my ships had all the stat boosts they could get, and of course the time it took to make some of the Lieutenants into Commanders and Captains to be able to pilot the Frigates and Destroyers

In the end, I only lost 23 Starbursts and managed to make Admirals from all 4 of the Excaliburs. I imagine if I had gone in with a 2 full carrier groups like that, I would've had less losses (If any), but not bad for a test run. About the only thing annoying so far is relearning how all the weapons behave again. Think I'll give LU with CODEA a serious go now lol.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 21:14

@chaoseclipse

How is MDM working out for you?

LU now uses Chaff and got rid of mossies.

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 00:14

OneOfMany wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 21:14
@chaoseclipse

How is MDM working out for you?

LU now uses Chaff and got rid of mossies.
I just turn MDM off in CODEA and utilized the CCDS Mk3 Software with Chaff, worked fairly well enough. I also saw a feature that was new to me under Gameplay Options called Turret Defense Settings or something like that, I think it's from the Anarkis Defense System script, in which I could fully customize turret commands, so I altered the default "Attack Enemies" command to prioritize Missile Defense over attacking enemies. I honestly think that's what kept me from having more losses than what I did since all the Starbursts have two sets of turrets on them. Couple that with MEFOS's ability to smartly change weapons on the M7 and larger crafts depending on the situation and it made things go really smoothly for me (Gunners also increase both fire rate and accuracy, and reduces energy consumption on turrets, so that helped too).

I barely had to do any micro managing aside of telling what targets to perform Massive Offensives against and what targets for frigates to perform missile volleys on. For the most part, I set the fighters to 50% missile launch probability, then all the larger ships to 75%. There was ALOT of Wasp spamming going on, it did most of the Xenon M5, M4, and M3 crafts in pretty quickly. By the time the Skirons made it into the fray there weren't many small fighters left anyway so I called the Starbursts back and rearmed them with heavier hitting missiles and sent them back out to harass Corvettes and Frigates while the Skirons finished off the fighters and worked on the Xenon Corvettes. Luckily I had only one Xenon Carrier show up, probably would've taken a lot longer and had more losses if anymore had shown up. Otherwise, all the Xenon Stations and Shipyards went down pretty quick with my Emeus, 6 Mandalays, and 4 Excaliburs spamming Remote Guided Warheads on them lol.

The only thing that would've made taking stations and destroyers down faster is if I had a squad of M8's from DDTC, namely the Halberd OTAS M8, that could carry Firestorm Torpedoes. M8's are scary when they let loose 5 Firestorm Torpedoes each (And 5 at the same time at that) and you have a squad of 4 of them attack all at once lol. In fact, that's the one thing I find strange about M8's in general, for bombers they really only have access to one missile type that isn't that hard hitting in the first place, it'd make more sense to have them use other missile types, but that's just me. Same with the Missile Frigates.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 21:48

DDTC - Deadlyda Terran Conflict?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”