Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OneOfMany
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 14:12

amadeok wrote:
Tue, 20. Nov 18, 00:36
Hi,
If i wanted to put a limit on the size of saturn complexes i can get to have a more challanging and balanced gameplay (also without saturating the market) which size do you think it should be?
It's your game and you can set any rules and limitatations you want. Near the end game I find that my main SCH's are all maxed for ship production. I normally run 4 Carriers with support ships and hundreds of fighters when I'm pushing the OCV back. If you really want to make a chalenging game for yourself try limiting your own SCH to max size 200. Or if you set up in a blank sector adjacent to an asteroid rich sector, :wink: dont alow your transports jump drives.

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 01:25

OneOfMany wrote:
Tue, 20. Nov 18, 14:03
"SO FAR"! I've heard those words a lot of times on these forums. The game can behave for a while with some non LU additions, however there's always a chance that later on there will be an issue and a probable lock up or crash. With regards to CODEA/MEFOS, those scrips might not be up to the task of repelling an OCV offensive, however if your current playthrough yields positive results please let me know.
Eh, I finally ran into some minor problems. I'm guessing one of the scripts from LU prevents M8, TS, and M6 crafts from docking with M1, M2, and M7/M class ships, so no dedicated bomber squads with single-key bombing attacks from a Carrier, having an additional cargo space with a TS onboard, or Frigates with a surprise Corvette onboard. Otherwise, everything else works. Supply Tender jumps OOS to resupply the fleet, Corvettes work together in taking out other M6's and M5/M4/M3 bullethell style, Frigates work together in taking out other Frigates and smaller class ships / Missile Frigates still perform Missile Volleys on hotkey command, Destroyers still do their job at pounding the hell out of huge-scale ships and stations, appropriate amounts of fighters from the attack and interception hangars of carriers still get tele-launched and get tele-landed, and all TS and larger-scale ships also act as freight transport extenders allowing up to 20Km range of freight exchange (from one side of the battlegroup to the other).

Ended up with an Emeus with 80 Starbursts loaded up, 16 Skirons, 6 Mandalays, 2 Minotaurs, and 4 Excaliburs, with 4 Mistral Super Freighters as combat tenders and 1 more as the Supply Tender. Took maybe all of 50 minutes to completely dash out Xenon Sectors 598/627/695 and Core 023. The Skirons always crack me up when there's only one or two fighters left, it looks something like a bullethell game when nearly 5 or 6 Skirons surround them and all of their HEPT turrets engage them at once lol. Unfortunately it took like a day and a half (even with cheating) to get all the personnel required to properly man and pilot all the ships. 160 gunners for the Starbursts, 15 Gunners for Emeus, 10 Gunners for the Super Mistrals, 48 Gunners for the Skirons, 12 Gunners for the Minotaurs, 48 Gunners for the Mandalays, 96 Gunners for the Excaliburs (389 Gunners total). And don't even get me started on how long it took finding Lieutenants, Machinists, Flight Controllers, Navigators, and Helmsmen to make sure all my ships had all the stat boosts they could get, and of course the time it took to make some of the Lieutenants into Commanders and Captains to be able to pilot the Frigates and Destroyers

In the end, I only lost 23 Starbursts and managed to make Admirals from all 4 of the Excaliburs. I imagine if I had gone in with a 2 full carrier groups like that, I would've had less losses (If any), but not bad for a test run. About the only thing annoying so far is relearning how all the weapons behave again. Think I'll give LU with CODEA a serious go now lol.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 21:14

@chaoseclipse

How is MDM working out for you?

LU now uses Chaff and got rid of mossies.

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 00:14

OneOfMany wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 21:14
@chaoseclipse

How is MDM working out for you?

LU now uses Chaff and got rid of mossies.
I just turn MDM off in CODEA and utilized the CCDS Mk3 Software with Chaff, worked fairly well enough. I also saw a feature that was new to me under Gameplay Options called Turret Defense Settings or something like that, I think it's from the Anarkis Defense System script, in which I could fully customize turret commands, so I altered the default "Attack Enemies" command to prioritize Missile Defense over attacking enemies. I honestly think that's what kept me from having more losses than what I did since all the Starbursts have two sets of turrets on them. Couple that with MEFOS's ability to smartly change weapons on the M7 and larger crafts depending on the situation and it made things go really smoothly for me (Gunners also increase both fire rate and accuracy, and reduces energy consumption on turrets, so that helped too).

I barely had to do any micro managing aside of telling what targets to perform Massive Offensives against and what targets for frigates to perform missile volleys on. For the most part, I set the fighters to 50% missile launch probability, then all the larger ships to 75%. There was ALOT of Wasp spamming going on, it did most of the Xenon M5, M4, and M3 crafts in pretty quickly. By the time the Skirons made it into the fray there weren't many small fighters left anyway so I called the Starbursts back and rearmed them with heavier hitting missiles and sent them back out to harass Corvettes and Frigates while the Skirons finished off the fighters and worked on the Xenon Corvettes. Luckily I had only one Xenon Carrier show up, probably would've taken a lot longer and had more losses if anymore had shown up. Otherwise, all the Xenon Stations and Shipyards went down pretty quick with my Emeus, 6 Mandalays, and 4 Excaliburs spamming Remote Guided Warheads on them lol.

The only thing that would've made taking stations and destroyers down faster is if I had a squad of M8's from DDTC, namely the Halberd OTAS M8, that could carry Firestorm Torpedoes. M8's are scary when they let loose 5 Firestorm Torpedoes each (And 5 at the same time at that) and you have a squad of 4 of them attack all at once lol. In fact, that's the one thing I find strange about M8's in general, for bombers they really only have access to one missile type that isn't that hard hitting in the first place, it'd make more sense to have them use other missile types, but that's just me. Same with the Missile Frigates.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 21:48

DDTC - Deadlyda Terran Conflict?

chaoseclipse
x4

Post by chaoseclipse » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 06:50

OneOfMany wrote:
Thu, 22. Nov 18, 21:48
DDTC - Deadlyda Terran Conflict?
Yeah, I was playing CODEA/MEFOS and DDTC on Terran Conflict for a while, DDTC adds a mountain of new ships to the game, as well as some other AI related stuff (like Civil Defense retaliations when you destroy neutral/friendly/enemy non-combatants, and the difficulty/scale of the Civil Defense Squad is based on the size of the ship you're currently using). I got bored of having 10 full carrier task forces capable of curb-stomping every sector in the game and being more of a threat to the galaxy than the Xenon and the Kha'ak combined so that's why I wanted to try AP with LU lol.

Though now because it was on sale, I'm getting myself lost in Mothergunship lol. I'll probably play that for like a week until I get bored of it and switch back to AP LU.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 14:22

Am really late doing this; Just wanted to say thank you to Litcube.
Thank you for your hard work on creating and working on this project, it really breathed life back into X3 for me and helped give me the environment to make the mod I wanted to go with it.
Meant to do this circa 2016 ish? but you know how life and work loves to get in the way.

Kind Regards
Lyth

p.s. A bit of a moot suggestion now with X4 but if anyone wants a version of LU with the new race having access to the xenon sphere, multiple fleets with jump capabilities and working with the sole aim of conquering the entire universe just let me know. It's really only suited for RTS style players looking for a very difficult challenge but I had a lot of fun and frustration with it.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 21:35

Is it compatible with X4?

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 10:09

So, Litcube, what do you think about X4?

sTeeL86
x4

Post by sTeeL86 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 12:57

I imagine it makes him want to play more LU.

Thanks Litcube for this. My brief time with X4 has put it back on the shelf to wait for fixes and this mod will give me what I want from an X4. You da man!

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 17:04

Well, since X4 is in a sorry state atm and I kinda want some X games, i guess im back to litcube! (As for X:R, we dont talk about that one)

Is this still being worked on btw?
Known as "Test90" on discord

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 19:04

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 21:35
Is it compatible with X4?
Wrong question.
Combined with your Mayhem, it IS X4.

I would like to use this opportunity to initiate a petition for you to change the name of your mod to "X4: The Real Deal".

I was just about to write "Egosoft will never learn", but then I tried to think about it as objectively as I could, and they seem to have nothing to "learn" from the likes of us who share this vision of what an X game should be. Judging by the Steam top sellers list, they are swimming in money by now, so any complaint by "us" can legitimately be waved away saying "just keep complaining, you're in overwhelming minority, so no one cares what you want from this game". Sad face.
I skipped X:R entirely, but still bought X4:F because I was eager for new space experience and was sure they must have "learned" from X:R what people really want and appreciate in their series. I was wrong.
I'm not sorry for the 50 EUR I wasted, I'm sorry it didn't even remotely turn out to be what I wanted.
Looking at the main X4 forum, even many people who criticize the current state of the game end with "Well, it's to be expected of Egosoft. But it doesn't matter, the modders will fix the game and add to it what's missing.". When did this upside-down logic become the accepted norm?
Also, knowing a little about game development, it doesn't seem to me that many of those issues will be easily fixable. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have little hope.
One of the developers seems to have said "The turrets don't work because their operation is computationally expensive". That doesn't sound easily fixable.
Imagine that, the turrets don't work in a space fighting simulation game! Just let that sink in for a second...
Right?
The flight navigation and obstacle avoidance also isn't working atm (to the point where in the latest patch they turned off hull damage due to collisions).
Trading is also quite broken at the moment.
UI is a mess (speaking personally here, of course). I'll just point to one gem: when you order two ships to exchange goods while they are both docked at a station, they both fly off further away then the source ship drops a crate for the other to pick up (in space!). Repeat until all cargo was transferred. I didn't know recreational drugs were also allowed in Germany now. Only a dead drunk or very high person would think this is the right way to do it.
Only the Build part they seem to have done mostly right and is an improvement to previous parts of the series.

I mean, even if it was all the different people that made this game who didn't participate in making previous games, they could have looked at what each installment started with and what it ended up with (feature wise) after a few years, to see what NEEDS to be in the game as a must, and then see what else needs to be and can be added to improve the game.
But that's just silly me speaking, surely they know better.

AltiarSaint
xr

Post by AltiarSaint » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 04:44

If the ease of control you have for commanding your ships in X4 was in X3 (Easily selecting mulitple ships and ordering them around without 32 button presses)

That would be the dream.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:35

Is wiki down or something? I can't access it from any computer.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

nqrott
x4

Post by nqrott » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 13:54

it's seems so, downloaded tonight all the files and just went through the install guid on the wiki.
it is down.

ceecee
x4

Post by ceecee » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:24

Anyone have the link for this one while its down? I managed to grab everything but this, and now its offline.

-->
Download the latest GUI package from the downloads page.
Install the latest GUI package to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:45

ceecee wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 16:24
Anyone have the link for this one while its down? I managed to grab everything but this, and now its offline.

-->
Download the latest GUI package from the downloads page.
Install the latest GUI package to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
I think the default gui is included in the main installation. I don't know, I think that it is.

nqrott
x4

Post by nqrott » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:36

i need the 1.7.2 Patch ^^

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:58

So...

A few years ago when Litcube hinting at releasing this I was excited and in full X3 mode, but life beat me up a bit and I dropped off the wagon right about the time this came out.

X4 reignited my desire to play X3 and here I am, only I haven't played in so long that I'm semi lost. I'm wondering if anyone recalls in the 900+ pages here a good "getting started" guide.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 18:32

Phier wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:58
So...

A few years ago when Litcube hinting at releasing this I was excited and in full X3 mode, but life beat me up a bit and I dropped off the wagon right about the time this came out.

X4 reignited my desire to play X3 and here I am, only I haven't played in so long that I'm semi lost. I'm wondering if anyone recalls in the 900+ pages here a good "getting started" guide.
the wiki, once it's back online. then youtube videos

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”