Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Freenan
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by Freenan » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 18:04

Szynszyl wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 15:38
Anyone help? I want to sell missiles which will be produced in my SCH, but I do not know which is profitable to produce for sale.
man u have to be more patient!

anyways here u go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 00:33

Also, pay attention to the Market Capacities screen (or whatever it's called), the universe can buy goods from you up to a certain amount and it will slowly consume them but if you double down on just producing one type of product you will soon find yourself with no place to sell them to. The magic word is "diversify".
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Tue, 9. Oct 18, 00:42

Freenan wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 18:04
Szynszyl wrote:
Mon, 8. Oct 18, 15:38
Anyone help? I want to sell missiles which will be produced in my SCH, but I do not know which is profitable to produce for sale.
man u have to be more patient!

anyways here u go https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
Sorry, my bad. Thx this doc will be very helpfull.

I have next question. What is the best stationary defense? I know that the best ships are, but I want to play. So laser towers or OWP?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 01:29

OK, let me stop you right there. There are no "best ships" in LU and if you found some that beats all then you found a balancing bug and those aren't many in LU, I think. Each ship in LU provides a compromise of price, shielding, cargo capacity, weapon stores, weapon recharge rate, weapon slot distribution, etc etc etc. Deciding what ships to use in LU is a personal decision where you take into considaration your personal requirements: am I constrained to certain races, do I want a carrier, a destroyer, both? Do I want a missle boat? A boarding ship?

As for your other question, to my knowledge (but it seems I'm often wrong lately) there are no stationary defenses that you can purchase and deploy in LU other than Lasertowers. Specifically you cannot purchase and deploy orbital weapon platforms. For lasertowers you could use the Ring of Fire command to deploy them in circle formation around an object (usually around a gate).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 19:55

memeics wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 01:29
Specifically you cannot purchase and deploy orbital weapon platforms.
and that REALLY sucks for me :thumb_down: :thumb_down: :thumb_down:

ntweedie2007
x4

Trade comm. 3 / explorer softw.

Post by ntweedie2007 » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 12:43

Am I right in saying that you cannot purchase trade command software mk.3 or explorer command software in Terran space?

I'm trying to play as Terran only (first time) and it would be incredibly frustrating without these two - particularly the first so I can have traders building up the economy. The Saturn research facility has some other software from the Commonwealth I believe, why not these??

Is my only option to trade with Argon/Teladi every time I want a sector/universe trader? :(

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 19:41

There is a best ship for every play style.
For example, personally I think the Appallox is the best M6, and the Kvasir is the best M7.
Other people think they suck, and they are just as correct.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 20:39

Well Teladi are universal traders (they trade with the pirates even) so it's not totally lore or role-playing breaking to have to trade with them to get access to Commonwealth advanced technology that the Terrans lack (newsflash, the terrans don't have the only smart people in the universe, the other races have smart people working for them too and can develop their own advanced technology), when roleplaying a xenophobic terran . It also matches reality/history, xenophobic societies have generally been hypocritical when dealing with state-of-the-art technology and didn't think twice adopting/stealing it from those that had it even if in their public discourse they maintained all other groups were below themselves.

Note that you don't need to do this _everytime_ you want that equipment. Get and deploy the PHQ, then you can license equipment including Trading Software MK3 and then you can install it on your ships from the PHQ (the game mechanic that closest matches to "stealing" the technology from the other races, although you pay for it, through the teeth).
[ external image ]

Kinnison
x3ap

Post by Kinnison » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 20:50

memeics wrote:
Thu, 11. Oct 18, 20:39
Get and deploy the PHQ,
Er, isn't that going to be tricky if not trading with the Argon?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 22:05

Correct. You would have to build some minimum reputation with them to buy it off their hands and explain it role-play wise as trying to fool them into thinking you're a friend when actually you want access to their technology (and then can turn your weapons against them). Otherwise you'd need to change where that ware is available in the universe, can be done with a script but also by editing some files that specify which stations get what, although the latter would require a new game start.

An interesting feature would be to be able to pay lots of money to hire some kind of spy/smuggler that can get you any ware no matter your relationship with the races selling those wares.
[ external image ]

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 06:34

memeics wrote:
Thu, 11. Oct 18, 22:05
Correct. You would have to build some minimum reputation with them to buy it off their hands and explain it role-play wise as trying to fool them into thinking you're a friend when actually you want access to their technology (and then can turn your weapons against them). Otherwise you'd need to change where that ware is available in the universe, can be done with a script but also by editing some files that specify which stations get what, although the latter would require a new game start.

An interesting feature would be to be able to pay lots of money to hire some kind of spy/smuggler that can get you any ware no matter your relationship with the races selling those wares.
Thanks for the reply. I was fortunate enough to find an abandoned Disco with explorer command software, so that solved that problem.

As for the mark 3, I have decided to play friendly Terran & Argon, although only to fly Terran ships and build Terran stations. This way it's kinda the same, and at least the two are the closest matched (at least in terms of being "human"). Just gotta rep up with Argon to buy the software from the OTAS HQ.

I can also get my PHQ this way :)

Should see me through to X4, which I am keeping my fingers crossed for.

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 12:53

Tried searching this but couldn't see an answer, although I found where someone asked it once before -

Station agents - can you transfer them to a new ship? This used to be a thing in vanilla, but I don't see any options for it in LU. I have a level 7 and it would be a bummer to lose him.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 01:13

No, the agents of LU (Station, Dock) are not transferrable. Which is unfortunate and doesn't match with the vanilla feature to transfer pilots. You can order to transfer pilots and the game will happily do it but it doesn't actually transfer the LU agents and their experience. It would be nice for that part of the vanilla game mechanic to be integrated with LU agents.
[ external image ]

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 07:55

it's the fault of my bad English again. I meant that ships are better than laser towers, etc. But thx for help.

Guys, what fighters do you use?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 14:44

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 07:55
it's the fault of my bad English again. I meant that ships are better than laser towers, etc. But thx for help.

Guys, what fighters do you use?
Fast M4s usually.
Once I get extra rich, fast M3s instead.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 14:59

But what M3 exactly you use? I try Eclipse and Fenrir but im disappointed

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 18:30

The Sabre is a good one.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 20:10

Fenrir is nice. But I prefer the Cougar.
But in general it depends on my Race. I try to stick to the ships of 1 or 2 races at most.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 16:24

memeics wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 01:13
No, the agents of LU (Station, Dock) are not transferrable. Which is unfortunate and doesn't match with the vanilla feature to transfer pilots. It would be nice for that part of the vanilla game mechanic to be integrated with LU agents.
I agree. This should have made it into the build. I did have plans to do it.

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 14:59
I use the Solano.

ntweedie2007
x4

Post by ntweedie2007 » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 03:30

Szynszyl wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 14:59
I use the Verdandi - 100MJ shields, 8 forward guns and 2 x2 gun turrets for shooting down missiles. But mostly I use it cos it's very fast...close to 350m/s I think - which is needed in Terran space with the huge open sectors. Only downside is slightly small cargobay (190-ish).

Fenrir is a good alt which is beefier but slower. Bigger cargobay too.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”