Is There a Mod/Script That Re-Draws Terran Stations So They Aren't Borked?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Is There a Mod/Script That Re-Draws Terran Stations So They Aren't Borked?

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 17:09

I am no coder or programmer, but Terran Space is a ruin of poor design choices by Egosoft.

Either the Terran Space designers were separated from the rest of the team and designed it in isolation, or someone at the very last minute decided that Terran stations needed to be about 10Km bigger, and all they did was add 10Km to each axis without adjusting collision boxes and the like, and then, when they realized how crowded the sectors were, just stretched out sectors making them unreasonably large, and completely wrecking play mechanics.

I don't know.

All I do know is that Autopilot is all but dysfunctional at best, and usually a death sentence in Terran space, particularly Aldrin, and those 3-day station landing strips are a horror to even want to deal with. Even Docking Computer gets confused, and won't always work properly. It makes me want to never bother with 1/6 of the Universe.

Has anyone taken the time to re-make/re-scale the stations and stuff so they don't screw up everything?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 17:23

Smaller Terran stations by Nedimar reduces the size of the Terran station models by 50% up to 75%.

With Change sector size by Nicoman35 you can then also reduce the size of the Terran sectors.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 17:33

Thanks!

It says it should only be added to a NEW game start because it messes with TS and Capital class ships. I have been in this same game for nearly 900 hours, and not about to re-start.

It'll be nice to have this, I think, for next start. Maybe. I can't imagine the frustration of getting a new Tyr fitted up in Terran Space if it cannot land at the re-sized stations.

Swapping one set of frustrations for another set... will need to think about that.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 17:43

Monkeyfister wrote:It says it should only be added to a NEW game start because it messes with TS and Capital class ships. I have been in this same game for nearly 900 hours, and not about to re-start.
That's only the advise for the 1.2 version. Version 1.1 should work fine with existing savegames.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”