[LUV][LU Remap] Diverse Game Starts for LU - v1.0.6 (Updated 2016-02-14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:32

You're welcome! I guess there may be other XRM start inconsistencies. Good luck :)

NoxMortem
x3tc

Post by NoxMortem » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:34

@solarahawk

With the LU trader start i had more guns, a bigger ship and had been able to kill the tiny xenon ships. With only one gun and the argon apprentice start (it starts with 2 guns but i was young and needed the money) i had even problems hitting a stationary satellite in 100m distance :) After disabling auto targeting to semi it had been a bit more accurate. 2/3 shots were simply to far on the top right of my screen (using left control to shoot). It looked kind of funny.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:47

Well, the Argon Apprentice is supposed to be a young character with limited resources. But two guns is probably too few. Combat is probably not the smartest occupation to start out with in the universe unless you are very careful or very good.

That aiming issue is weird, I've never seen anything like that. It almost sounds like how the game cursor wigs out on my laptop with its touchpad.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 03:26

I have updated the main post with new downloads. I fixed the fittings issues you guys mentioned, and launched each of the starts to check their fittings and rankings settings. Everything looks pretty good now, but if I missed anything, or you have any suggestions please let me know.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 14:32

Can't download in China, and other download address?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 16:53

I already replied to your PM, but if anyone else recommends an alternate service that is accessible in China, feel free to let me know.

Is Nexusmods available there? I guess I could try xdownloads, but although I appreciate the effort put into that archive, its design and lack of editing controls annoys the heck out of me.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 18:05

solarahawk wrote:its design and lack of editing controls annoys the heck out of me.
There's a known bug, which prevents any formatting from being saved, when you upload your script/mod for the first time. However, it works after the script/mod has been added to the database. Provided you're logged in, there's a small edit button ([ external image ]) next to the title of your download. If you click on it, you can change the formatting of your post, upload new versions etc.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 18:30

What the...? So there is. :roll:

Thanks so much! I have been meaning to contact SS_T to ask him to help me remove or update some old entries of mine.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 20:52

Hello again :)

Not sure if tiny bug or tiny vanilla issue but the Split start, Unholy Traitor, has a Paranid picture. Yuck!

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 23:24

Ah, that was a bad t-file reference. Unholy Traitor is supposed to be Paranid. I have fixed it.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Thu, 31. Dec 15, 17:44

Why i am getting instantly blown up when i start a newgame with this mod?.

Terran Tourist works ok but many others bugged i think.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Thu, 31. Dec 15, 18:27

No, I don't believe it is the Diverse Starts itself but something about your install setup. Your issue tickles an old memory but I can't recall the details. Maybe if you try to use the wrong version of the Diverse Starts for your map.

Which version of the DS mod did you install? LU Vanilla or the LU Remap version? What other mods do you have installed?

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Thu, 31. Dec 15, 19:15

It's vanilla version.

These mods i installed atm

Small Fixes And Improvements.
Misc Tweaks
Sate Monitoring
MK3 Improve
Easy Connect
Space Dust
Stolen Saturn
Cockpit mod by Shasslar
IEX LU edition
Phanon and Revelations Plus
GNS
XMR

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Thu, 31. Dec 15, 19:28

Hmm, OK. When I get a chance later, I'll try to replicate your issue.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Thu, 31. Dec 15, 19:57

No need Stolen Saturn was causing it, thank for the replies, much obliged.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Thu, 31. Dec 15, 21:39

Oh, I see the problem. It was a map conflict. Both Stolen Saturn and IEX have to change the game map to make their changes. They can't both be installed at the same time without a patch.

I guess I should make an IEX-friendly version of Stolen Saturn.[/i]

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 19:48

Or make a "Stolen Saturn" version that doesn't require x3_galaxy changes :) (as suggested by Jack08) That way it will be more compatible with all sorts of things.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 1. Jan 16, 21:28

Yeah, I'm leaning that way. I'll try whipping something up this weekend.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 13. Feb 16, 18:09

I just started with LU 1.6.1, vukica's LU remap 0.61 and Diverse Game Starts LU Remap Edition (V.1.0.6) as a "Ruthless Buccaneer" in Gaian Star.
There is a Pirate Mining Outpost, a Pirate Stock Exchange and a Pirate Shipyard in the sector. All of them were red when I started, and I couldn't dock at any of these stations. Then after a few seconds the special pirate setup script (setup.diverse.gamestarts.xml) seemed to run, because the stock exchange and the mining outpost were now allowed targets for docking. After I reset my ship's friend/foe settings, these two stations turned correctly from red to white. But the Pirate shipyard remained red and didn't allow me to dock at it. Leaving and re-entering the sector didn't change anything.

Edit:
Another minor oversight: The "Yaki Ronin" start says I start with an M3 on the title screen, but I start with an M4.

Edit 2:
The "Simple Lar" start lets you begin in an Octopus Sentinel with two 5 MJ shields in its cargo bay. However, the ship can only use three 1 MJ shields. So are these two 5 MJ shields intended for sale, or is this a minor oversight?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 01:42

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”