[LUV][LU Remap] Diverse Game Starts for LU - v1.0.6 (Updated 2016-02-14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

solarahawk
x4

[LUV][LU Remap] Diverse Game Starts for LU - v1.0.6 (Updated 2016-02-14)

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 08:03

Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition
For LU v.1.6.2

Latest Update: 2016-02-14

These packages add additional gamestarts to Litcube's Universe. My initial goal was to restore some of the diversity of the original game starts provided in the X3 Vanilla game, but as I fleshed out this package, I began to revamp the starts with some new language and starting conditions. Let me know if you have any ideas for alternate starts that you would like to see included.

One of the principles underlying these game starts is to restore some of the diversity in race relations for the Player. Some starts are mild and sandbox-oriented. Others...will present unique challenges to those who dare to tread those paths. Sometimes you will discover you have fewer friends than you expected.

Installation Instructions

Copy the contents of the zip package into the X3 game root, where the X3_AP.exe is located. Start a new game and scroll down below the LUV game starts to see your new options.

-----------------------------------------------------

Available Starts
  • Argon Apprentice (M5)

Day in, day out, you labor for any corporation that will hire you. You dream of exploring the universe and making your fortune among the stars. Do you have what it takes?

Argon Lieutenant (M3)

Years in the Argon Peacekeeping Force have gained you the respect of your peers and superiors. Lately, however, you have been feeling restless and unchallenged. It is time to embark on new adventures.

Terran Tourist (M4)

One of the most fearsome figures in all the universe, you wield the might of your vid-cam.

Daughter of Earth (M3 + M5 + TS)

Scion to a powerful family on Earth, you know you are destined to lift your family to even greater heights.

Bankrupt Assassin (M3 - Challenging)

Skilled in hunting the unwary, you have few friends and fewer credits. Can you turn your fortunes around in an unforgiving universe?

Gilligan Squid (TP - Hazardous)

Transporting passengers on a 3-hour cruise, your ship was caught in an unknown spatial phenomenon. Can you find your way home and safely deliver your passengers to their destination?
And new in v.3, we now have Pirate and Yaki options:
  • Ruthless Buccaneer (M3)

You hold no illusions about your place in civilized society. You embrace the unforgiving life of piracy and the underworld.

Yaki Ronin (M4)

Newly inducted into the Yaki clan, nothing will stand in your way to power and wealth.
Others:
  • Simple Lar
    Goner Witness
    Pious Paranid
    Unholy Traitor
    Savage Split
    Teladi Trafficker

* Special thanks to NodusCursorius for his handy script to reset pirate notoriety across all assets in the universe. He saved me a great deal of time from having to reinvent that little wheel.
-----------------------------------------------

LU Vanilla Edition (V.1.0.6)

This package is only to be used with the vanilla version of Litcube's Universe (LUV).

Do not use with the vanilla version of X3 or any other mod that changes the LU universe map from the LUV layout.

-----------------------------------------------

LU Remap Edition (V.1.0.7)

This package is only to be used with the LU Remap Mod by vukica.

Do not use with the vanilla version of X3 or Litcube's Universe - Vanilla (LUV).
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Sun, 2. Apr 23, 19:39, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: https added to DL Buttons and Links

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 08:04

Change log:

v1.0.7 (LU Remap) - Corrected sector coordinate for a starting sector in start script; corrected assigned shields for Boron starting ship; fixed typo in Pirate start description (M3 to M4). Thanks to BlackArchon for fixes.

v1.0.6 - Reformatted version numbers to make more sense. Corrected race of Unholy Traitor, should be Paranid. Replaced t-file references for races and gender to regular text strings.

v5 - Fixed bad fittings on a couple gamestarts (Bankrupt Assassin and others). Increased shields and/or weapons in a few cases to better balance with the challenges of the LU galaxy. Also, tweaked race rankings here and there, mostly relating to enemies of various factions.

v4 - Fixed a typo in a variable name and rewrote the notoriety code to be more efficient (and effective).

v3 - Added pirate and Yaki starts, and added a game initialization script that resets notoriety for all pirate assets in the universe on first start. This ensures when pirates are supposed to be neutral or friendly, their ships and stations will not be red.

v2 - Fixed some descriptions that overflowed the game description area. Plus swapped a few pilot images around to straighten their sexes. Don't push upload when tired and fighting a cold.
Last edited by solarahawk on Sun, 14. Feb 16, 22:13, edited 5 times in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 22. Mar 15, 23:14

Neat!

Just a recommendation, maybe provide some information on what starts are included and what they do, maybe.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 01:17

This is awesome! But yeah, more information needed :)
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 01:27

Yeah, I guess so. :P OP is updated.

Now I just have to figure out why friendly pirates are displaying as Red. They don't attack me, and the Player Relations info shows they are Friendly (+3). Seems like I have heard about something like this in the past, but can't remember where. Maybe with the Pirate Starts mod?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 01:48

Could be a different issue but AFAIK, pirates are a complicated case. There are different factions of pirates and reputation with the Pirates faction in general doesn't necessarily mean friendly with everyone. Also, ships (and stations) do not change their enemy status once spawned, I think. So if those ships where spawned when you were an enemy you might have to kill them or let someone else kill them. But I could be wrong on many accounts :)
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

NodusCursorius
x4

Post by NodusCursorius » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 02:46

memeics wrote:Could be a different issue but AFAIK, pirates are a complicated case. There are different factions of pirates and reputation with the Pirates faction in general doesn't necessarily mean friendly with everyone. Also, ships (and stations) do not change their enemy status once spawned, I think. So if those ships where spawned when you were an enemy you might have to kill them or let someone else kill them. But I could be wrong on many accounts :)
This is correct. The majority of the pirate relation issues can be resolved by setting both Relation AND Notoriety, followed by iterating through all spawned ships and stations to update the new changes for existing objects.

This is a very short, simple script I wrote a while ago to address the issue but intended for user input. Below I'll provide the human-readable format of the script, the actual script, and a printed version of human-readable in case the link dies (for future Googleproofing).

Hopefully the iteration part of the script is obvious as a baseline, but if not feel free to ask questions. It's a simple, dirty script.

Human-readable code: http://hastebin.com/ekicaqamab.pl
Actual script code: (for reuse) http://hastebin.com/lewaligexi.md

Code: Select all

Argument 1: RacePick1, Var/Race, "
Argument 2: RacePick2, Var/Race, "
Argument 3: RelationPick, Relation, "

if $RelationPick == [Foe]
	$RelationNumber = -100000
end

if $RelationPick == [Neutral]
	$RelationNumber = 0
end

if $RelationPick == [Friend]
	$RelationNumber = 100000
end

set notoriety between $RacePick1 and $RacePick2 to $RelationNumber points
$RacePick1-> set relation against $RacePick2 to $RelationPick

set notoriety between $RacePick2 and $RacePick1 to $RelationNumber points
$RacePick2-> set relation against $RacePick1 to $RelationPick

$sectors = array alloc: size=0

$x = get max sectors in x direction
$y = get max sectors in y direction

$countx = 0 - 1
while $countx < $x
	inc $countx
	$county = 0 - 1
	while $county < $y
		inc $county
		$Sector = get sector from universe index: x=$countx, y=$county
		if $Sector-> exists
			append $Sector to array $sectors
		end
	end
end

for each $Sector in array $sectors using counter $i

$ships = $Sector-> get ship array from sector/ship/station
	if $ships
		for each $s in array $ships using counter $count
			$s.owner = $s-> get owner race
			if $s.owner == $RacePick1
				$s-> set relation against $RacePick2 to $RelationPick
			end

if $s.owner == $RacePick2
				$s-> set relation against $RacePick1 to $RelationPick
			end
		end
	end

$stations = $Sector-> get station array from sector
	if $stations
		for each $s in array $stations using counter $count
			$s.owner = $s-> get owner race
			if $s.owner == $RacePick1
				$s-> set relation against $RacePick2 to $RelationPick
			end

if $s.owner == $RacePick2
				$s-> set relation against $RacePick1 to $RelationPick
			end
		end
	end
end

= wait 1000 ms
play sample 1119

return null

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 02:51

Awesome, thank you!

NodusCursorius
x4

Post by NodusCursorius » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 02:55

solarahawk wrote:Awesome, thank you!
You're quite welcome. Keep in mind my script is intended for in-game, accepting human input for which two races to set relations with (mutually), and for foe/neutral/friendly.

A bit of adaptation to it should suit you fine and you've certainly the skillset to handle it. Good hunting, and good work on this mod.
Last edited by NodusCursorius on Mon, 30. Mar 15, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't about death. This is about what you learn from death. Never hollow.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 08:28

That did the trick quite nicely. Now any new game starts that need pirates to be neutral or friendly can be reset on first startup.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 17. May 15, 18:06

Here's a new update I have been meaning to push out for the gamestarts. While revamping the Pirate Guild, I came up with some improved code for resetting race relations, plus I found a bug. Time to update this package, since I have a PG release to also send out. :D

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:11

Hi solarhawk,

Thanks for creating this loveliness :)

Bit of an issue in terms of compatibility with X-Missions Reloaded (v1.59b) in case of interest.

When selecting your Daughter of Earth start, the local Terran missions are not unlocked. XMR has a system of points awarded for mission completion that can be used to unlock new races so ideally, I guess Terran missions would be available for Daughter of Earth.

Regards,
Sparks

Edit: game and mod/script details follow:
LU v1.51
Anarkis-LUEdition-PirateGuild-200 (plus the two supporting packs)
Diverse Game Starts--LU Remap Edition-v4
LU-GoldUI-V1.0.0
misc_text_improvements (01.06.2015)
LU Remap v0.55a
MK3_Improvement_LU_0.6.1b
Small Improvements and Fixes (2015-01-16)
Quick Wings 1.1.0
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:12

Bug report/hiccup:

I decided to give this a shot, but when I tried the Bankrupt Assassin start I ended up in a Blastclaw Prototype with four 200 MJ shields on board, which are of course incompatible. My guess would be that this is not the intended result ...?

Running LU 1.5.1 with memeics Small improvements package and Diverse Game Starts, both latest versions.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

NoxMortem
x3tc

Post by NoxMortem » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:17

I have tried the Argon Apprentice with LU Remap,XM-R and EMS. It is a quite difficult start for me, especially compared to the Damyath Trader which allows you to very quickly explore a huge part of the map.

With 30 Cargospace it is not viable to do any trade runs in this setup. However, I have been able to sell 2x 1MJ shields as well as one of the two guns to get enough credits for a Mineral Scanner.

I like this start, it was a difficult first hour. Now I have explored about 9-12 sectors and had been able to do some of the XM-R scanning missions. Tada 180.000 credits in one hour play time, which means I am able to equip the ship with the bare minimum to make money :)

One problem I had with this setup: With only 1 gun and one shield I had not been able to damage any of the Xenon ships, not even the small scouts. I did not hit them in 90% of the time. Not even on 500m distance :(

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:27

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Bit of an issue in terms of compatibility with X-Missions Reloaded (v1.59b) in case of interest.

When selecting your Daughter of Earth start, the local Terran missions are not unlocked. XMR has a system of points awarded for mission completion that can be used to unlock new races so ideally, I guess Terran missions would be available for Daughter of Earth.
Thanks for pointing that out, I haven't played with XM-R in quite a while. I'll take a look and see what is need to unlock those features. I have been meaning to get back to these starts and add some MD features for extra flavor.
Zaitsev wrote:I decided to give this a shot, but when I tried the Bankrupt Assassin start I ended up in a Blastclaw Prototype with four 200 MJ shields on board, which are of course incompatible.
Oops, sorry about that. I'll take a look and fix that right away.
NoxMortem wrote:One problem I had with this setup: With only 1 gun and one shield I had not been able to damage any of the Xenon ships, not even the small scouts. I did not hit them in 90% of the time. Not even on 500m distance :(
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it needs some extra balancing attention. Let me see what I can do. Any changes I make to the starts now, won't show up in your game. If you need a little helping boost right now, I would probably consider installing Cycrow's Cheat Package and cheat some shields and weapons in. After that, you can remove the Cheat Package. It isn't optimized for LU, but it works just fine. I use it for debugging and testing my modding projects. You do have to extract the files from the Plugin Manager SPK file, which is a bit of a pain. I could probably share a Zip version of the cheats plugin, if you need it.

EDIT: Alternately, carefully fly to a conflict zone and snoop around for bailed ships to jumpstart your bank account.

Thanks everyone for the data!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:32

You're welcome! I guess there may be other XRM start inconsistencies. Good luck :)

NoxMortem
x3tc

Post by NoxMortem » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:34

@solarahawk

With the LU trader start i had more guns, a bigger ship and had been able to kill the tiny xenon ships. With only one gun and the argon apprentice start (it starts with 2 guns but i was young and needed the money) i had even problems hitting a stationary satellite in 100m distance :) After disabling auto targeting to semi it had been a bit more accurate. 2/3 shots were simply to far on the top right of my screen (using left control to shoot). It looked kind of funny.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:47

Well, the Argon Apprentice is supposed to be a young character with limited resources. But two guns is probably too few. Combat is probably not the smartest occupation to start out with in the universe unless you are very careful or very good.

That aiming issue is weird, I've never seen anything like that. It almost sounds like how the game cursor wigs out on my laptop with its touchpad.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 03:26

I have updated the main post with new downloads. I fixed the fittings issues you guys mentioned, and launched each of the starts to check their fittings and rankings settings. Everything looks pretty good now, but if I missed anything, or you have any suggestions please let me know.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 14:32

Can't download in China, and other download address?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”