[X3LU] Satellites Monitoring 1.8

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 17. Jul 15, 18:30

Yep, thanks, I'll have to look into it... I promised myself to do it this week, but uh... yeah, later :)

EDIT : you mean this right ? :

Code: Select all

do if $changeline
  return null
It's already there.

willfe
x4

Perhaps offer a toggle for realtime scanning?

Post by willfe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 13:06

One possibility to improve performance would be to offer a toggle that enables or disables realtime scanning. When realtime scans are disabled, a scan would only happen when the panel is first opened and/or when an optional "scan now" menu item is selected.

Just a thought. It's still a very useful script and I don't intend to remove it from my game :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 13:13

Before I real-timed this, it was already stuttering. I tried some stuff yesterday, but without good results. I'll have to dig deeper. I won't give the possibility for the user to have it in real-time or not, it's not his decision, but mine, and I say that it should work in real time :)

Hey, you're using mods now Will (other than LU) ! Congrats ! :)

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 14:51

Well, that stuttering must not necessarily has something to do with the real-time display. Meaning that after the monitor is called upon then stuttering is not that important or at least tolerable as one is just scanning through tables and sector views. But somehow the scripts cause stuttering while they should just be dormant in background. Busy works they are. :o Evil never sleeps. :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 15:03

What ? You mean that it stutters even when the menu is not open ? Because that is not what I'm talking about ; stutters never happen when the menu is closed in my game.

SickArgon
x3ap

Post by SickArgon » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 19:22

Yes.

When I played LU with remap mod and satellites in most sectors the game stuttered. The stutter stopped after uninstalling sat monitoring. :o

Admittedly, in vanilla LU I'm playing now (exactly for the reason to use your wonderful script :) ) a slight stutter occurs when menu is open only. At least until now with not many fleets around.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 18. Jul 15, 19:34

Maybe there's a problem with the remap mod. Even though I doubt it. Anyway, my mod does nothing when the menu is not open. The menu calls itself every second, and every second I scan for all sectors, search for your satellites, then collect data. In 1000 ms, a CPU is able to do that without stuttering ; the problem is elsewhere.

Please check the global tasks menu in the script editor while your in-game. In the player console, hit "s". If you see hundreds of shit, that could be it. But I never had a single problem in hours of game testing, so again, I doubt it.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 01:37

Nice script... I just this for first time to try and jump to a derelict.
well, for some reason I don't have a jump drive now and it's flying me there.
when I hit Backspace to stop or turn it still keeps going.
when it entered another sector... I was able to break auto pilot... but still was stuck at max speed.

only this script installed with clean LU.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 08:33

@Joelnh : thanks, it is fixed now in the 1.3.

The 1.3 also brings performance improvements. In fact, it took me longer to improve performance than to write the whole script.
Now the script scans the universe only when you open the menu, then collect data from your satellites every 5 seconds. Everybody is happy !
Last edited by Joubarbe on Mon, 20. Jul 15, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Mon, 20. Jul 15, 10:20

Very useful script is now very useful and smooth script.
Thanks for your work.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 20:27

Wow, after using your script for the first time, it earned me eight TS class freighters in Acquisition Repository! :o

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 16:03

Version 1.3b :

Added a line to change the number of elements displayed on each page.

Ashnag
x4

Post by Ashnag » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 19:55

Bonsoir Joubarbe, merci pour ce script.

Is it possible to add an option to show the amount of abandonned ships and wares in credits ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 26. Jul 15, 20:02

Uh, yeah it *is* possible, but I won't do it :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 21:44

Version 1.4 :

- New scanned category : Potential smugglers. You need a Police licence for this to work.
- More code improvements.

In case you don't know what smugglers are, they are Pirates disguised in normal ships, you need a freight scanner to reveal them. If you have EMS, that gives a mission :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 13:38

Version 1.4b :

- Ultimate code improvements. Performance greatly increased due to a single f* line !

Do not "set menu option: $menu, maximum menu height=$height lines" !!!

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 14:02

Yeah, there is a positive difference now - especially when showing 230+ sectors on one page.
Thanks.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 13:48

1.5 out. Fine tuning things...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 16:59

What do you think about a sorting function for your script? If I could sort the list of ~250 sectors by amount of flying wares, or by amount of abandoned ships (both descending), I could just send my loot shuttle to the system with most flying wares, then to the second best, and so on. The same applies to abandoned ships.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 17:08

Oh I thought of doing that. But you know, in X3, when you begin to have this state of mind, you never stop. Satellites Monitoring is already a big help, if I give options to sort, I could give an option to display the wares value, to warn the player when an abandoned ship is detected, or an option to send the reaper claim these ships, or whatever "next step" I refuse to do.

You need to work ! Examine thoroughly the monitor and check what is your needs. :)

It is very unlikely that I will add any new features to this script now.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”