[X3LU] Phanon Plus 4.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 17. Jul 17, 20:37

Nice!

Note that the author of Phanon+ wasn't able to reproduce any of these issues by simply using SETA and waiting long times. You'd have to actually play at regular game speed. But if you did that (got to generation 6 through regular playing) and didn't encounter the stuck issue it definitely makes a strong case that the issue would be fixed because AFAIK it happens with a sufficiently high probability in a full playthrough.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Wanabe
x4

Post by Wanabe » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 01:01

A big thank you Xo3oToC and rw602.

I haven't looked at modding X3 for quite a while now but the whole thing stalling out on the Jumpout script makes sense to me as I do recall it stalling out sometimes during the cleanup script, hence some of the extra rubbish I added to the jumpout script. I've uploaded a version of PhanonPlus with rw602's script changes and Xo3oToC's suggestion for al.Phanon.SetShopList to hopefully prevent that from occurring in future.

Thanks again guys.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 22:25

Thanks for the update Wanabe, good to see you again!
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Ubiquitus

Post by Ubiquitus » Thu, 18. Jan 18, 06:30

I've read largely through both this and the original Phanon threads, and I was curious about two things; one conditional on the other. They are thus: I am aware the original was intended to be it's own standalone, but I'm unsure if this one is capable of that (I am NOT running LitCube at this time.). Furthermore, if it *IS* capable of running separate from Litcube's mod, considering how close this was developed WITH LCU in mind, which would be BETTER to install?

To help, I'm not running any sort of Overhaul mod. Not XRM, not LitCube, or any other kind. Heavily modded, yes, but based on vanilla largely.

Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I've seen a number of issues and self-implemented fixes in both threads. If there's any particular one that seems to consolidate the best, would you mind linking that page number -- that I might peruse it for myself?

Lone Machete
x3ap

Post by Lone Machete » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 22:26

I welcome the thought of a stronger Phanon Corp, that's why I have installed this mod. But the fact, that all of their ships jump out before even 2 Ocelot M2 can damage an M7M's hull makes fighting against them very unsatisfying since destroying an M2 is impossible as they return with full shields and hull each time. The only ships I can regularly destroy before they jump are M6, TS and TL. All others escape before they recieve hull damage (even form my 2 Ocelots shooting at them at the same time) In fact all I can do is siege their headquarters, having their fleet multiple times jumping in and out which is just unpleasant. Can i somehow change their jumping behavior?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 20:00

You could probably edit the scripts but this is pretty much one of the points of Phanon+, to make them behave more like you would so jump out when they get damaged. You just have to follow them where they jump (use the monitor feature of X3, it follows a ship even if it goes to a sector you have no visibility in). And no, they won't magically replenish missiles and shields, it costs them money to replenish anything so while it may seem like you haven't done any "damage" to them, you actually did, by forcing them to spend money to replenish/repair/etc. Until you are able to assault their HQ directly there isn't much else you can do, other than harassing and bleeding them at every opportunity. It's typical guerrilla warfare.
[ external image ]

Vinyx
xrvr

Re: [X3LU] Phanon Plus 4.04

Post by Vinyx » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 03:22

Is there a way to "fix" the Phanon corp?

They haven't done anything or grown since the start of the game. Their report says they been stuck on waiting to buy a TS forever, they have 7 mil, 30 military asset and nothing else.

Edit: I fixed it by running phanon start add fund script once.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 10:54

Tell me please this mod is compatible with 1.7.2LU?

Thank you..

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 17:13

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 19. Feb 19, 10:54
Tell me please this mod is compatible with 1.7.2LU?

Thank you..
I've been running it on LU v1.7.2 for about 50 hours without any sort of trouble. However, since I haven't really pushed it to see if the latest update does what it's supposed to do I would still say "install at your own risk" and keep the possibility that it may fail at some point in the back of my mind. But at least up to this point it has worked without any sort of obvious issues.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

GunthorNC
x3tc

Post by GunthorNC » Fri, 13. Oct 23, 02:24

Are there any links to download this mod still working?

GunthorNC
x3tc

Post by GunthorNC » Fri, 13. Oct 23, 02:29

For anybody who comes along years from now looking too. (I couldn't understand mayhem or zero hour and wanted to play what I remembered)

https://web.archive.org/web/20230411191 ... sV4.04.zip

That's 4.04

It worked for me.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”