[X3LU] Phanon Plus 4.04

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 18:34

Huh, backroom drama? Do you simply mean context? Maybe you should read my previous bug report here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 69#4572669

Disabling the variable mutex will now go back to that issue I described above. You will end up with tons of global al.Phanon.Main global tasks after some time. The problem is that for unknown reasons al.Phanon.Main hangs sometimes. Wannabe added a variable mutex to avoid starting a new script when one is already running so to not have many tasks adding up like I had. That results in the problem you encountered when the script hangs, nothing happens anymore, Phanon seems stalled. Removing the variable mutex gets things going again but you end up with the problem I previously reported, like they say... name your poison.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

StopBanningMe7_III
x4

Post by StopBanningMe7_III » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 22:17

For some reason I thought you meant there had been some kind of disagreement. My apologies.

Obviously I'd rather have it work than not, but that is a bit odd. Would it be possible to have some kind of a watchman script that periodically kills any rogue hanging scripts? Or maybe just kills all instances of a script every now and then and restarts it?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 23:00

Besides that not actually solving the bug (and may create new ones because a script written assuming that it only executes one instance at a time can easily leave some corrupted state around if killed before it completes), I think there is no scripting mechanism to kill global tasks :(

You will have the option to kill them manually (press Backspace on them in the Script Editor interface) if you see them stuck but I think an E/I may be a better way to deal with that issue.

All that said, it's not that huge of a problem, if it does end up breaking anything too terribly you can simply E/I. Even with this bug I personally think Phanon Plus offers enough benefits to risk using it.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

miycu
x3tc

Post by miycu » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 19:39

Hi,

I'm playing Phanon Plus with XR-M installed and I'm noticing Phanon is getting a huge amount of money at the start(between 400 and 500 million) then immediately spending this on hunters which absolutely destroy any start that isn't an M6.

Is this intended? It seems to me the hunter behavior shouldn't start until the players had time to at least get something to defend themselves with or even something to defend apart from advanced sats and starter stations. The jump drives on every trader just make this worse as you can't even hurt them back(I've resorted to ramming their TSs in the past to stop them escaping to a sector I can't see/have bad rep with. It seems like there should be harder limits on when these behaviours can start rather than relying on a player starting across the map and maybe having time to come up with a defense.

El.
x4

Post by El. » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 23:57

Brilliant mod, can't imagine LU without it – vanilla Phanom is realy sleepy fly.
Ship gallery
LU 1.7.0: Offline Ship Compendium, Larger Font, Player Guide RUS – Google Drive, Mediafire

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 14. Mar 16, 18:59

miycu that I think is working as intended.

Why do you think you need a defense for the hunter parties, can't you just jump away/avoid combat with them? I avoided any Phanon Plus confrontation for at least 2 gamedays in my game, there was no point in risking losing ships just to destroy their hunter parties. They don't jump after you when you jump away so it's very easy to avoid fighting them.

As for the traders, that's also intended. To solve that, find out a combination of weapons and missiles that can do a lot of damage per second so that you can destroy the trader in 10 seconds (you don't have more time than that before it jumps out). Start firing those around 2.8km when it starts powering up its jump drive (you will notice as its engine speed starts dropping). Also note that there are ways to track/follow them where they jumped to and finish the job...
[ external image ]

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Wed, 16. Mar 16, 16:50

Just a quick shoutout to this mod working great.

I've played a new campaign up to the M7-and-HQ phase so far, and have to regularly make an effort to stomp some Phanon hunters. It's added a great level of challenge.

It'll be interesting to see how they ramp up at higher levels than Tanditech as well.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 14:07

This didn't happen in my last LU vanilla game, but in my latest game with Mayhem, the phanon leveled up to max level within 10 hours of the game starting. Is this normal?

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 14:57

Might be because of bounties, I have seen them listed on bounty board. So the more ships they lose they upgrade.

Anyone have a progression list for phanon?
I am curious which stage I am in.. They have 2 m1's and 4 m2's and a few m7's.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 15:11

Joelnh wrote:Might be because of bounties, I have seen them listed on bounty board. So the more ships they lose they upgrade.

Anyone have a progression list for phanon?
I am curious which stage I am in.. They have 2 m1's and 4 m2's and a few m7's.
I found the problem, here is the very first update they sent as TandiTech:

[ external image ]

Anyway, here is the progression:

Tandi->Nova->Vashire->Rhayl->Omicron->Megax->Syndex->Phanon

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 15:34

Yea, I think gaining 1400 military assets in 4 game hours is not normal :P

[ external image ]

And here's what the phanon HQ sector looks like (Yes those are all M1/2 sector guardians):

[ external image ]
Full link: http://i.imgur.com/GVSLJZv.png

I'm gonna do a fresh install and leave out the revelations mod this time to see if that's the culprit.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 16:16

shanrak wrote:Yea, I think gaining 1400 military assets in 4 game hours is not normal :P

[ external image ]

And here's what the phanon HQ sector looks like (Yes those are all M1/2 sector guardians):

[ external image ]
Full link: http://i.imgur.com/GVSLJZv.png

I'm gonna do a fresh install and leave out the revelations mod this time to see if that's the culprit.
If you're still playing with Mayhem that might be the issue. Take it with a grain of salt, but I seem to remember someone else reporting that TandiTech got a bucketload of starting cash in Mayhem and spent it all on ships, making their military forces ridiculously large in a very short amount of time.

It could just be a coincidence, but it might be worth checking out.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 16:33

If it happens again in this game then its probably the case, but having over 100 M1/2s is kinda ridiculous :P

*Update*

Yea, looks like mayhem does some crazy things with phanon, they're growing like mad.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 17:03

That is a lot of m1/m2 for phanon. The hunter patrols must be very deadly.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 17:04

shanrak wrote:If it happens again in this game then its probably the case, but having over 100 M1/2s is kinda ridiculous :P

*Update*

Yea, looks like mayhem does some crazy things with phanon, they're growing like mad.
Challenge accepted! :D
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 17:20

I have mayhem and this installed, but I have security services protecting my traders. So that might be what is keeping mine in check. They are on 4th iteration right now. I have yet to attack their base, I just hunt the hunters occasionally.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 17:24

Funny how my mods always ending up messing all the others. I think I have a gift.

But here's the problem: I have never experienced this myself. Cannot reproduce = cannot fix. I don't think it's the bounties ; only the player receives money.

EDIT: would be good to know if the same bug appears with vanilla Phanon.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 18:08

Joubarbe wrote:Funny how my mods always ending up messing all the others. I think I have a gift.

But here's the problem: I have never experienced this myself. Cannot reproduce = cannot fix. I don't think it's the bounties ; only the player receives money.

EDIT: would be good to know if the same bug appears with vanilla Phanon.
Yea that's my next step, see if vanilla phanon has the same issue.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Fri, 29. Apr 16, 18:51

It looks like there's an issue with the Phanon Plus mod and Mayhem. Vanilla phanon doesn't seem to have the same issue.

Ed86
x3ap

Post by Ed86 » Sat, 14. May 16, 16:57

well it was fun, untill 6 game day passed and 20+ m2 phanons invaded my yaki home, killing everything in its pass, i guess ill stick with vanilla phanon, yes its weaker but at least it cant kill everything in a uninverse if it desires so

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”